Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

"
Thor_2 wrote:
Why should we use Herald of Ice instead of Herald of Thunder for mapping?

Thanks anyone

Shatter explosion (HoI) + "hits up to 3 additional targets" from LA = OP for clearing
FatherFakener (Trickster Fakener CI)
Severne_I (LowLife Fakener)
Severne_II (Inquisitor Crit Life Storm Caller)
MCLMXXXVIII (Champion Oro's Flicker)
Last edited by alvuimil on Jan 20, 2016, 11:12:51 PM
This is a really strong build and it scales well with gear upgrades. Mapping feels really fast and smooth. I am currently running T7-T8 maps to lvl up, and i am basicly one shotting everything. You will have to be careful with some mobs/bosses who does high physical damage though, but thats about it. I havent tried atziri with this build yet, but i am gonna give it a go soon. This is my passive tree atm:
Spoiler
https://goo.gl/R5kAYb
In the next few lvls, i will grab the evasion+life nodes at ranger start. I am thinking about getting the inspired learning jewel. Have any of you guys tried it yet?

This is my gear atm. My next upgrade will be maligaros gloves, but i will have to get new jewelry or a quiver before i can do that, because of my resists.

Last edited by Kronborg11 on Jan 21, 2016, 7:25:59 AM
I have been goofing around with this build and making a lot of general changes to my tree trying out different things. I am an old player that loves puncture trap especially with the new changes a few patches ago to puncture and all. I wanted to get single target to do something like puncture trap in a way so I started goofing off by adding the 4 nodes to fatal toxins to help try and buff my blast rain since LA really does a fine job with plenty of damage to clear stuff anyway yet I felt blast rain needed some type of way to be a little more DOT oriented if you need to kite somewhat so I have been testing it since I this ranger build died on HC and I have no real penalty trying things on standard and dying if needed vs many of the high tier bosses.

If anyone else is able to test Fatal Toxin's in this build I wanted to get feedback. I have no idea why yet the 125% poison damage (and hey it also has 10% chance to poison on hit for LA I think lol.) seems to be showing a very noticeable difference in how well blast rain works.

I also removed one life leech node and the vitality void node in the tree to see if just the one LL and one ML nodes in the area were enough and so far (SO FAR) I think this build can save 2 points and not need vitality void yet I am just really starting to test that out since you are losing 1.2 attack damage leech to life which is about the amount you would get on an old legacy 6% physical life leech amulet that converted to about 1.2% physical damage leech on physical builds which was somewhat noticeable so my verdict on the loss of not using vitality void yet.

I just wanted to offer some thoughts as I test the build and wanted to get feedback from others that may be testing stuff too. It also may not be worth taking the 4 nodes to get to fatal toxins until endgame since it is a lot of points just for the single target.
Last edited by NewbieDOTcom on Jan 21, 2016, 3:44:09 PM
For those who are saying aspect of the eagle/lynx suck, what are you using your 6 spare points for?

8% move speed
50% crit chance
40% accuracy
10 life
10 dex/intel
9% attack speed
10% projectile dmg

seems ok to me? since we need as much crit as we can get
"
DutchRudder wrote:
For those who are saying aspect of the eagle/lynx suck, what are you using your 6 spare points for?

8% move speed
50% crit chance
40% accuracy
10 life
10 dex/intel
9% attack speed
10% projectile dmg

seems ok to me? since we need as much crit as we can get

Your damage is already insanely high, use those points for Phase Acro.

I actually found boots worth buying, it only took 1 month of spam checking poe.xyz on TaliSC

Just testing out blast rain with slower projectiles vs void manipulation, slower projetiles is doing more tooltip dps, but my eyes cant see if it effecting the speed of the projectiles dropping or if there is more delay when they drop

does anyone know if slower projectiles affects blast rain in any way?

also i am going to attempt this map when i level

should be a fun boss fight ><
"
Kronborg11 wrote:
This is a really strong build and it scales well with gear upgrades. Mapping feels really fast and smooth. I am currently running T7-T8 maps to lvl up, and i am basicly one shotting everything. You will have to be careful with some mobs/bosses who does high physical damage though, but thats about it. I havent tried atziri with this build yet, but i am gonna give it a go soon. This is my passive tree atm:
Spoiler
https://goo.gl/R5kAYb
In the next few lvls, i will grab the evasion+life nodes at ranger start. I am thinking about getting the inspired learning jewel. Have any of you guys tried it yet?

This is my gear atm. My next upgrade will be maligaros gloves, but i will have to get new jewelry or a quiver before i can do that, because of my resists.

I have a question regarding the glove set up. You only suppose to use frenzy on boss fights? If so how will spreading the curses via curse on hit work on trash packs? Use frenzy then lightning arrow? WHy not use Herald of Thunder instead of Ice to spread the curses on trash packs? Can someone explain how Hearld of Ice spreads it?
Last edited by Atnola on Jan 21, 2016, 9:16:13 PM
"
I have a question regarding the glove set up. You only suppose to use frenzy on boss fights? If so how will spreading the curses via curse on hit work on trash packs? Use frenzy then lightning arrow? WHy not use Herald of Thunder instead of Ice to spread the curses on trash packs? Can someone explain how Hearld of Ice spreads it?

you use blood rage just before killing a pack to generate frenzy charges. frenzy skill on bosses between the blast rain hits. that's what i do at least
"
Atrav wrote:

"
alvuimil wrote:
"
Thor_2 wrote:
Why should we use Herald of Ice instead of Herald of Thunder for mapping?

Thanks anyone

Shatter explosion (HoI) + "hits up to 3 additional targets" from LA = OP for clearing

HoI makes enemies explode, some enemies dies b4 others, those get cursed by the explosion hit.
FatherFakener (Trickster Fakener CI)
Severne_I (LowLife Fakener)
Severne_II (Inquisitor Crit Life Storm Caller)
MCLMXXXVIII (Champion Oro's Flicker)
"
RicoKGB wrote:
Build is decent but lacks defence in its original form imo. Here's more balanced version, still doing crazy dps but having much more survivability:

Tree with jools:

Gear and gems:
"

And yes its quite capable of doing end-game on a 5l. Just drop Chain in LA setup and Added Lightning in Blast Rain setup (I would also drop chain even on a 6link - its not that good overall, I would use increased crit dmg or added chaos instead). Poison in a Blast Rain chain is much more important than Adden Lightning, as this build drops bosses quicker than any other build with this on a 5link.

My deeps on a 5links are 43k LA (56k LA on a 6link and lvled up gems), 26K BR (its per projectile - remember). Poison dmg over time from Blast Rain is just crazy.

This version utilizes 3 layers of defence: evasion, dodge, reduction. It has:

4,1k life
44% chance to evade
46% chance to dodge attacks
46% chance to dodge spell dmg
75% fire res
76% cold res
75% light res
23% phys dmg reduction (with 3 endu charges that are almost allways up due to the Daresso's chest).

This means that enemies has only 30% to hit with attacks and 54% with spells. Its like having 70% block and 46% spell block. For a ranged, quick moving character this is outstanding.

And long enough immortall calls to leech back (as IC takes endu charges before Daresso's does). I was using this setup from lvl 89 to almost 92 (im few % off) without any "oh shit" moments. It is also important to have one unfreeze flask for those sneaky boxes.

Also I dont use Vaal Pakt because I dont like it. Chaos dmg and other dots like puncture, corrupting blood etc. are VERY dangerous with VP. I prefer to have life regeneration to counter those. Also it is much more comfortable to sustain Blood Rage. With the setup above I can do difficult maps like Excavation without much of an issue. For lvl 82 maps (or tier 15) and Uber I would suggest going with at least one 6link (Blast Rain) and more life.

And yeah, this build requires some skill to play decently.

Where are you getting 155 int to sustain Wrath?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info