Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

Hello, my first character. I have about 4200 life.

What should I buy first? I have only about 1 ex and 10 chaos in liquid wealth. Just save up for the voltaxic? Is that chest worth linking and socketing do you think? Or should I buy one with more evasion and higher stats.
"
Undriuz wrote:
Anyone tried Fatal Toxins node on this build?

I have been testing Fatal Toxins (4 points needed on tree to get Fatal Toxins) & I have also been testing trying to save two points in the vitality void section and not taking the last two (life leech & vitality void) nodes with the thought that the first life leech node was enough.

My findings:

Fatal Toxins (is noticeable) on damage yet in general you can buff damage more with other nodes and the skill Blast rain already kills bosses fast enough. Using 4 points for the added DOT addition of the skill seems to not be worth the investment when those 4 points can be used to buff the base damage directly. At least that's my conclusion after testing the Fatal Toxins node over and over on Boss fights and general play.

Vitality void - is not taking the node before vitality void and vitality void worth it (I.E. saving 2 points) with the first .4% life leech node being enough. I am finding that the added 1.2% life leech from the last two nodes is very noticeable and have concluded on my character that vitality void is needed.

Those are my findings and I have tested both a ton. If any others have done lots of tests and have a different opinion I would love to hear tour thoughts on these nodes.
People keep forgetting that Snakebite gloves give you free poisoning, effectively adding another link.
So no need for Poison gem on Blast Rain, so you can replace it with another dmg gem, and you get poison on LA too.
And they are cheaper than Maligaro. For these gloves Fatal Toxins should be worth it.
Without them yeah, I'd rather just buff base dmg.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Jan 23, 2016, 12:31:27 PM
Snake bite only works if you dont stack up Frenzy charges, and doesn't really help LA at all when the clearspeed is already so high.

If I could crit cap without Maligaros maybe, but even then you give up the frenzy charges and the crit multi for it and gain added chaos in the links, I guess?
Anyone tried using vessel of vinktar? is it good for this build?
if it's good flask to use, which version is my best choice?
anybody try fitting in a cwdt setup? im at level 84 atm with 3600hp 5600 evasion, feeling pretty squishy
"
5mash wrote:
anybody try fitting in a cwdt setup? im at level 84 atm with 3600hp 5600 evasion, feeling pretty squishy

Before 6L i used enfeeble on cwdt
Last edited by Urdix on Jan 23, 2016, 10:28:48 PM
how do you generate endurance charges though?
swap increased duration. just using it when running atziri twins/trio
I have tried the Vinktar vessel. For me it adds 3.3k dps to LA and 2.5k dps to BR. It does shock everything in your vicinity during flask effect which enhances the chaos damage. If you want to try it out I would suggest the model that adds lightning damage to your attacks.

On another note....after reading about using HoI instead of HoT for applying curse I have been testing something out. I replaced chain (gained 7.7k dps) with ice bite in order to gain frenzy charges without using blood rage. I have run up to T12 maps so far without any problems getting frenzy or the power charges. One of the T12s was a fracture map and clear speed without chain seemed close enough to the same with chain. Its an easy swap, green for green if you want to try it out for yourself. I swapped mirror arrow out with HoI so I won't have to recolor anything if I decide to go back to blood rage ( which at this point I doubt).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info