[2.5] Death's Kiss, a Trickster Essence Drain/Contagion full build and leveling guide

"
Hi Guys.
Can you help me increased defencive on my character Rogue_RoaR? I am playing ED+C in first time. With minimal budget[have only 30c]

Thank You

First of all - body armor. That's a bit outside of your budget, but you can farm dried lake and get ~50c to buy some 6L armor, than you use greed essenses to roll 100+ HP on it to be safer.

Gear seems to be quite mediocre, and can be upgraded, but it depends on your luck with finding something suitable that not drops your resists. Suggest poe.trade site to search for gear.

I suggest you to get some wand with decay mod, it increases single-target damage significantly.

Boots look bad, you can find much better even for 2-3 chaos.
Same for amulet and helm.

Skill tree seems ok, just respec from +30 dex / str for something more suitable. (i.e. jewel, damage+life+some res)
"
Jokerilum wrote:

First of all - body armor. That's a bit outside of your budget, but you can farm dried lake and get ~50c to buy some 6L armor, than you use greed essenses to roll 100+ HP on it to be safer.

Body armor base must be evasion+energy shield [Need 4 green and 2 blue sockets/2B3G1R - but Empower cost very much]? Item lvl is important? And what is better, farm dried lake or t1-2 maps?

"
Jokerilum wrote:

I suggest you to get some wand with decay mod, it increases single-target damage significantly.

But with wand i cant use whirling blades...

"
Jokerilum wrote:

Skill tree seems ok, just respec from +30 dex / str for something more suitable. (i.e. jewel, damage+life+some res)

Yea, of course. I pick it for my gem's requirements and drop it later, when my gear will be ok for gem's requirements.

Thank you, Jokerilum, for your help))))
Last edited by Dmytro_Semenakha on Oct 24, 2016, 8:45:51 AM
And i know that Item Rarity gem works with Contagion. But have one question : Does it work only when i manually cast contagion on mobs or with contagion spread damage on offscreen mobs too?
Bought not bad helm with ED damage enchant. Not a heretic veil of course, but +1 gem level looks nice. (more curse aura aoe and less mana reservation in my case)

Changed belt to get more ES:

Started using flask

Small damage boost with good ES restore. But can be dangerous around chaos damaging monsters.

Got to around 6k HP/ 5.3K ES, and 11.5k / 30k DoT damage (decay dot seems not included).

Also confirmed that Empower l3 is better than Iron Will 21/20 even with 350+ str.
Jokerilum, can you link other gear?
"
Jokerilum, can you link other gear?

Spoiler

Jewels: 4 jewels with life% / damage / damage or utility

I should have gone into LowLife build, but shavronne wrapping is too expensive for me, and respeccing from life to ES would make all my gear useless.

I didn't manage to roll some good decay wand with 6-7 attempts, chest armor is pretty old, but still can't farm enough for 6l vaal regalia. Resists are barely above 75%, tried to get as much HP as I can.
When will be the thread update?
What should i look for on equipements for this build if I play HC? evasion and ES ?
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
"
NateDiesel wrote:
Is there a link to the Tricker subclass skills used?

Don't see them in the build.

It's at the very top, the very first link. I went Swift Killer -> Ghost Dance -> Shade Form -> Patient Reaper.

No, it isn't.

I'm loving this build. I'm still only lvl 32 but my clear rate is super high. I note the thread is a bit old. Can we get the original post update with some of the results of the discussion of the thread? If not, can someone with more forum experience than me copy it to their own reply with a full update?

Thanks!!
Would this build be still good for the upcoming 2.5 league?
Thanks in advance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info