[2.5] Death's Kiss, a Trickster Essence Drain/Contagion full build and leveling guide

"
SushiTan wrote:
Hi, I'm sure this has already been asked but I didn't see a conclusive answer.

What do you mean in the leveling section when you list a gem with 'offhand' in brackets? Do you mean the right hand weapon or the weapon swap set? And why is it suggested to buy an extra Contagion/ED/etc. ? I assume it's to level to 20 to use GCP recipe for quality, but that's just a guess.

That is exactly right. You can level it to 20 then turn it into 20q. The backup piece can take over while you level the quality piece.
"
fatherhudson wrote:
Hi, I'm trying this build right now in hardcore breach league (level 50 atm) and I'm wondering what the logic is behind not taking the projectile pierce nodes. Are those not worth the points?

This is completely your choice. I didn't take those nodes because I felt 50% pierce was more than sufficient for my play style. If you want 100% you can go ahead and pick up the Pierce cluster.
Is this build able to kill guardians?
What does this build use frenzy charges for? It seems like cast speed isn't all that useful for essence drain but I can't tell. Should I be taking swift killer as my second ascendancy or should I leave it for last?
"
fatherhudson wrote:
What does this build use frenzy charges for? It seems like cast speed isn't all that useful for essence drain but I can't tell. Should I be taking swift killer as my second ascendancy or should I leave it for last?

It was my 3rd one. Frenzy charges gives more damage, attack speed for whirling and cast speed. All of them benefits the build.
Vulpix my friend, I'm not usually one to post on forums but damn me if I don't sit here and tell you ive NEVER had so much fun leveling a character. I usually dont go for mage/caster style toons but thank you for this! Its been a long time since ive enjoyed leveling this much. Also as a fairly new player this build was extremely easy to pick up and play. : ^ ) so keep up the good work.
"
Vulpix my friend, I'm not usually one to post on forums but damn me if I don't sit here and tell you ive NEVER had so much fun leveling a character. I usually dont go for mage/caster style toons but thank you for this! Its been a long time since ive enjoyed leveling this much. Also as a fairly new player this build was extremely easy to pick up and play. : ^ ) so keep up the good work.

Thanks for the compliment.
Hey, I somehow got lucky enough to get a 6-linked Shav's RGGGBB and a Heretic's but not lucky enough to get an empower lvl 4
I only have a vaal'd lvl 3 empower
Should I just reroll colours for slower proj (GGGGBB) or is lvl 3 ok? I dont think I will make enough currency or got the time to afford an empower lvl 4
Thanks in advance:)
"
lamOppa wrote:
Hey, I somehow got lucky enough to get a 6-linked Shav's RGGGBB and a Heretic's but not lucky enough to get an empower lvl 4
I only have a vaal'd lvl 3 empower
Should I just reroll colours for slower proj (GGGGBB) or is lvl 3 ok? I dont think I will make enough currency or got the time to afford an empower lvl 4
Thanks in advance:)

I recommend putting on a Tabula then comparing the DPS tooltip. If Empower 3 is giving less DPS than slower projectiles, like 10-15% less, then stick to slower.
"
Gantsu wrote:
Is this build able to kill guardians?

I didn't really look at the full build, but I do a low-life essence drain trickster and all 4 guardians are pretty easy. It also does shaper and makes uber atziri seem trivial.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info