3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

I got lvl98, tried uber, died on trio. 7471 life, 11,84 aps, 76581 dps in ho with auras. presently i don't understand how to go through trio, i have no chances.
Last edited by triwesterki on May 5, 2016, 3:37:11 AM
Whats was the last guardian that you faced?
girl stayed with 80% life, others were 90-95%.
"
"
no no no

VAAL PACT DOESN'T WORK FOR MY BUILD

What is wrong with you kids? Does anyone read?

I can't accept that I wrote as much as I did on this build page to have people giving out bad advice then everyone comes crying to me boohoo I keep dying.

FOLLOW.
MY.
GUIDE.
PRECISELY.
OR.
DIE.
A.
LOT.
Sorry, can you explain why no vaal pact? I looked in your guide and I only saw "don't use life gain on hit". But if you have 6.8k life and 5% leech (I don't know what your % is) then you'll heal your half your health pool per second, instead of the 33% cap from non-VP leech. Obviously when you take a Savage Hit then you'll heal 60k life per second, because of 100% dmg leech. It seems really good to me, can you explain what's wrong with it?

WHY VAAL PACT LEECH DEFICITS ARE NOT RELIABLY
COUNTERACTED BY SAVAGE HIT 100% DAMAGE LEECH BONUS

by Umbra, ME, the creator and all-knower of this freaking build lol

1. Taking a savage hit doesn't happen as often as needed to safely allow vaal pact's life leech cuts to your overall leech per second to be reliably active, meaning you will die more in mobs that peck you to death

2. only melee damage is leeched after a savage hit, NOT aura bonuses, so even after a savage hit you will gain your main hand and off hand damage per hit, NOT your DPS tooltip (I do 1700-2700 which is likely halved by caps)

3. Related to #2, leech rate caps are NOT NOT NOT ignored, so even if you take a savage hit and you do 10^303 physical damage per hit you will be limited by your max health and leech caps but those caps are improved since total leech greatly improves the leech in the leech formula. The leech is still a really great improvement but you are no where near leeching your actual DPS, not even 1/8th that actually if you're as geared as I am. *******Watch my Atziri videos. The leech is really only a few hundred more per second and those 4 seconds go by fast before the next savage hit needs to come. In fact, if you watch my fight against the trio in Atziri video #3 you'll see I do better when all three are on me since the chances for a savage hit getting through my max block was higher but then when only 1 guy was left I actually had much MORE trouble out-leeching the corrupted blood because he wasn't getting savage hits through my block enough.

4. high block negates 3/4th's of potential savage hits. The Abyss double boss still only savagely hit me every several seconds so even in that horrible boss fight VP would have certainly cost me that intense battle. They brought me down to 100 life, yes 100, lol, and without VP I got it all back long before the next hit. Even if VP helped some the sacrifice in highway passives to get over there is horrid

5. Taking multiple large hits don't equal a savage hit. Many bosses and mobs can hit hard in a row and still not deliver a savage hit, making the pressing need for max leech more important which is severely hindered by VP penalty

Savage hit only activates when you take a single tremendous hit, so you will def die in high tier mobs. Block lops off many potential hits making taking a savage hit to compensate for lowered leech rate from VP penalties even worse. You will certainly die more often in t15 mobs as even they have almost no ability to hit you for a savage hit.

Point being: not even t15 bosses savage hit you often enough to make the leech penalty from VP doable
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on May 8, 2016, 5:59:47 AM
"
triwesterki wrote:
I got lvl98, tried uber, died on trio. 7471 life, 11,84 aps, 76581 dps in ho with auras. presently i don't understand how to go through trio, i have no chances.

Yeah you need more APS but no worries, get to lv100 and I'll give you every gear I own just for a chance to immortalize my build. I do 14.19 APS and 80k DPS with 6800 life, max block and around 2k leech per second.

I'm only at lv94 and with my gear with 6800 life I nearly beat the trio at a lv83 corrupted Vaal Temple map with minor damage mods on it so at lv100 they should be quite doable for you with my gear against the lv80 Alluring Abyss versions of them. Your DPS and APS and leech will absolutely rocket when you equip my axes. Either way my gear will make you a t15 tank so it's a good excuse to hit lv100, in fact if you've made it to lv98 then you certainly must be decent at fighting with him so my gear will def cover up possible weaknesses.

After I give you my gear then you'll be tasked with keeping this guy sharp over the next million GGG patches just as I did the last three tedious years when I made him. It'll be your job to keep my Atziri tank as sharp as his axes to make every POE n00b jealous lol of hiz powwaa lol.

Remember that the trio and uber CANNOT be tanked even slightly without certain warcries. You may want to run and kill at least against them because their combined damage kills everyone except those who are immune to physical damage but even they get pwned too sometimes.

You will need 8k life minimum to survive accidental overlapping flameblasts and storm calls from Atziri. All I own, even the crap in my stash is yours to sell in case you need money to get higher life gear to hit that 8k life mark.

You will def need a fire pot and lv20 purity of fire against uber. Also remember that the trio is harder than Atziri lol. Everyone says that but it's true.

Trio has burst damage so you need to fight them very strategically. No one tanks uber, many good builds cannot even get to the trio even!!!
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on May 8, 2016, 6:35:25 AM
"
Point being: not even t15 bosses savage hit you often enough to make the leech penalty from VP doable
The penalty you're talking about is the lack of benefit from the "increased life leeched per second"? That makes sense. 8k life * 2% base leech per instance * 220% leech rate (that's 100% base + 120% inc) = 352 life leeched per second per attack (up to 2.7k life/s leech cap),
compared to
80k dps * 5% leech / 15 attacks per second = 285 life leeched per attack

What about Slayer class instead of Berserker? Then you'd get a free gem link in BoR (melee splash) and constant 38% life regen from Endless Hunger, as well as 0.4% Attack Damage leech, AND you could drop Unwavering and thus benefit from Blind in BoR, plus you could socket in a curse setup or something. You'd lose a lot of attack speed from being hit, but with Duelist nodes you'd gain attack speed when not hit recently.

Anyway, no VP makes sense now, build looks pretty fun to play, gl with Uber.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
@ Umbra_the_Wolf: Have you beaten the trio in vaal temple map?

"
falxes wrote:
@ Umbra_the_Wolf: Have you beaten the trio in vaal temple map?

I have only fought them on Vaal Temple lv83 with damage mods on the map, as that map sells as low as 50c but running Alluring Abyss is 4ex which I don't have and don't care to get. I stopped playing POE a month ago and don't want to pick it up again unless GGG saves it from monotony in another expansion next year, which was why I was offering the first person to hit lv100 with my build all of my gear to immortalize my build, as Uber is the ultimate test of the power of a character build and I have a lot of pride in my dual striker.

I nearly won but it was very hard and I did die right before the last one was about to drop. It's impossible to get Vaal Temple white so the damage mods were insane and the level on the one I had was 83, which is absurd but also why it was so cheap.

The lv80 versions of the Trio are dramatically easier. My friends who kill Uber on their own also could not take on the trio on similar lv83 Vaal Temple maps but they say the trio is much harder than Atziri herself.

Regardless, you need to be lv100 with 8k health as even with my gear if you take on the trio and die too much, even if you win uber is bound to drop you once or twice if you fail to dodge the flurry of lightning calls and flameblasts. Uber casts much faster and more frequently than normal Atziri. Normal Atziri I can ride the line goofing around and charge in stupid with no auras or fire pots. Uber will not be so kind lol but she should be fine with the health cushion

No build that I know of has beaten uber with less than 7.5k health except for immunity circumstances like warcries but I stopped keeping up with this game as the addition of the lab made me furious
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on May 23, 2016, 3:04:02 AM
lvl100
Spoiler

items
Spoiler

gems
Spoiler

i use haste instead hatred on gorge/plateau maps, just to run it faster
ancestral protector instead end. charge on melee stun where it's useful (some boss fights like abyss)

jewels
Spoiler

swapping for damage

flasks
Spoiler

tree
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAHcAecFLQlYCbsMcw2NEdUUIBRNFukYkRutIWAj0yP2JDcoKimlLlMxnjIJNZI17zboOuE67T38QzFEnkd-SdVKfUz_TZJN404qUEdTu1cNV1RXl1hjWK9br18_X9BgQWFSY3BlTWhlbEZul28nbztybHTtdPF2rHfjeA1673uMfNmBQYIHhNmFUoZgh3aKs4rwi0-Mz419k6iVZpd5mFeaaptqns2jiqZXpzCpbq2NsKuxs7XyvJ-9Nr6nvwi_1cAawYvEgsbYz37SIdNv0_zYvdlh2Xzawdun45_kUeoY7g7vDvJB8kXynPNv85v2SPcy9774X_xL_MX-Cv6P?accountName=triwesterki&characterName=ZombieSoup

deaths
Spoiler

i died 194 times.
1/4-lags
1/4-less recovery combo in map mods (reflect/min max/extra damage/vulnerability). this build runs any reflect much better than less recovery
1/4-one shot from Residence/Palace boss. every level up i tried to tanking him with different mods.
1/4-other

atziri run (lvl70 location)
Spoiler
https://youtu.be/aBSY2LtgNs4

uber
Spoiler

i have 4 hope parts. and i can spend like 10ex to buy more. so i'll have like 8 uber runs.

vaal temple
Spoiler

vaal temple run. used determination+grace auras in boss fight(was bad idea), scammed by cadiro,
met beyond boss, won with last portal. it's my second run of this map. in first i used all portals so to refill flasks, but died 1 time
part 1
https://youtu.be/RKc5LenLmBE
i thought it is epic fail and i will die again and again
part2
https://youtu.be/M1t2H36D1GU
Last edited by triwesterki on May 24, 2016, 11:36:52 AM
@triwesterki: Your fight against the trio in vaal temple map was kinda epic.

I mean with just one portal left you defeated dual striker and cycloner.

Last edited by falxes on May 27, 2016, 7:37:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info