3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

Is it possible to change your build for crit version with one handed weapon and abyssus?

for example double strike with sword or high roll crit sceptre with heavy strike.

or even dual wielding with twin terror nodes.

I'm thinking about similar build like
1. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1612701
2. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1200760

But yours built looks very nice and you have got huge life leech.

I don't know is it viable to combine that builds with your's version

Btw. Great build
Last edited by Sirdrig on Jun 15, 2016, 6:55:29 AM
"
Sirdrig wrote:
Is it possible to change your build for crit version with one handed weapon and abyssus?

for example double strike with sword or high roll crit sceptre with heavy strike.

or even dual wielding with twin terror nodes.

I'm thinking about similar build like
1. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1612701
2. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1200760

But yours built looks very nice and you have got huge life leech.

I don't know is it viable to combine that builds with your's version

Btw. Great build

That's an excellent question which I've explored since patch 2.2. The answer is no, sadly. Critical versions of my build are extremely unreliable and don't deal the damage necessary to be of effect in high tier maps. More than that, the amount of critical you'd need to really be effective would drain nodes for life, APS, and other necessary elements in my build's proper function.

A friend of mine did a little critical with no good trade off then he went full critical and at level 92 with great gear could not even do t9 maps deathless. That's because my build is very synergetic. He uses a blend of abilities to achieve one uncompromising goal: Attack. By increasing his leech, he can attack more relentlessly. By increasing his damage or APS he can attack more and leech more reliably without skirting or fleeing. By increasing his life he can tank more. Lol. You get the point. Break one of these and he falls apart completely.

He took me three long arduous years to get to this point. I see no viable way to change him. Even zombiesoup did so very little. All he did was add the passive use of a new defensive skill, equipped a higher life helm plus armor and use highway to get to vaal pact and resolute technique. Critical really requires full on diving in to make it worth it but my build forbids such core changes.

If only you knew how hard this dual striker was to create and perfect.
He was worth it though. The only dual striker to ever beat both Atziri and Uber Atziri and Malachai Ascended. I should get a really big cookie!!!! With big ol' chocolate chips!!!
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
YEs. this build is awesome, and very fun to play.
awesome man!! Yeah he's so fast come level 80 that you cannot even see between his axes hahaha he's a big blur of doom. He is definitely a very blitzkrieg kind of character
@triwesterki:
@Umbra_the_Wolf:
Why the fight against the trio in vaal temple map was so difficult, but the fight against the uber trio was a lot easier?

I mean: With just one portal left @triwesterki defeated dual striker an cycloner in vaal temple map (that was epic). But against uber trio he only died one time.
Last edited by falxes on Jun 18, 2016, 12:30:02 PM
@triwesterki
@Umbra_the_Wolf:
Other questions:

1.- Why VP and RT was needed to beat uber Atziri?
2.- Why did @triwesterki removed BoR and equipped a belly of the beast and an alpha howl?
Last edited by falxes on Jun 18, 2016, 12:30:39 PM
"
2.- Why did @triwesterki removed BoR and equipped a belly of the beast and an alpha howl?

1.VP+cloaked in savagery(berserker Ascendancy passive) is main defense.
RT is a must for endgame content, you can not afford misses
this combo allows me to tanking trio all battle. rain of arrows deals >2k damage per second, firestorm of arrows deals same damage almost every 0.1 second.
2.i used enlighten lvl 3+ purity of fire(35%mana reserve) + herald of ash(25%) + hatred(50%) gems in alpha for Atziri fight.
purity of fire, like ruby flasks are needed, because UberAtziri has 6-8k fire damage + fire penetration.

"
Why the fight against the trio in vaal temple map was so difficult, but the fight against the uber trio was a lot easier?

I mean: With just one portal left @triwesterki defeated dual striker an cycloner in vaal temple map (that was epic). But against uber trio he only died one time.

i died one time against uber trio with vaal pact defense and epic gear. i'm sure possible to kill them deathless, just i need more effective flask management and a bit luck. that Vaal Temple video you saw is w/o epic gear and VP.
"
falxes wrote:
@triwesterki
@Umbra_the_Wolf:
Other questions:

Hey good post questions. End game is tricky because many nodes previously useless become dramatic life savers because you're eeking out every last percent of ability you can against the hardest foes in the game. That's what triwesterki is basically implying when he says "end game."

Unless you plan on taking on the uber trio, uber atziri or malachai ascended then Vaal Pact and Resolute Technique aren't necessary, and maybe even harmful if you have low end gear as those highway passives really kill ya. Vaal pact will increase your leech rate if it's already really high so the penalty isn't outweighing the new speed. You can leech less faster, but this build needs to leech 900/s bare bones which can be hard to get even with normal leech (no VP). Resolute Technique makes every hit count, which when hitting 3/4ths of the time can really help you to maximize leech in very hairy situations. However, it's only applicable to enemies who can evade. It does NOT pump your accuracy to 100%, however super bosses have very high evade which is why it's very good to use against Uber and other t15 bosses. There is no point otherwise. Even with t15 bosses I saw no difference and come level mid-90's those 2 passives could mean an extra hit or two or several hundred health. I obviously went for health but saw the loss of attacks per second in my fights against Vaal Trio. I could beat them a little beater with it, but needed more. This is when I did the contest to have someone like triwesterki come and offload some of the burden. He was lv100 so there was no health/RT tradeoff. He was able to do it with RT.

I double bossed even the t15 maps without RT and VP just fine except malachai ascended, uber and uber trio. triwesterki had to get to level 100 just to make up for VP and RT because of highway. Most people would not gripe about 200 health but I've been brought down by bosses so many times to as little as 7 health, which would have been my death without every little bit of health. I cannot even calculate how often it happens in t15 maps but I so so so rarely die because my dual striker is always a little more than every enemy there, he was made not to get 1 hit and so he can always survive since he leeches so maniacally.

My dual striker can definitely deathless win against the entire alluring abyss map but being limited to 8k health gives almost no breathing room and you' need luck, but I am certain my build can beat them 100% of the time just not deathlessly 100% of the time. triwesterki still had to eek out more derfense via auras. Plain and simple, uber is b*lls freakin' unfair kind of hard and so very few builds out there can take her at all and wayyyyyyyyy fewer reliably so deathlessly.

Follow my tree if you have no desire to fight uber, you'll do fine with medium gear. The penalties of total leech from Vaal Pact are very stiff if you have low end axes in spite of overall DPS since leech is per hit and even with my epic axes it's only a very tiny percent on 1500-2700 per hit. His super speed is the only thing that makes his insane leech possible.

RT I found useless for all bosses t15 and under but my gear was insanely epic. It's only two points to get it so I'd say enable it and see if it helps :P

thanks for the fan support of my build guys!!
Umbra_of_Eclipse
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Jun 19, 2016, 12:20:18 AM
1. https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAABeAdwDhwUtCC4Mcw48D6sRLxHVFCAUTRRxFSAWvxbpGJEZihmOGbQbrSP2JDckiyaVKCoqOCzpLYMuUzGeMgk1kjY9OlI64T38QzFHfk2STeNQR1VLV5dYY18_X9BgQWHiYqxjcGVNaGVsRmyMbztybHTtdf12rHfjeA15aHrve4x82X11ggeEb4TFhNmFUoazi0-Mz419lWaXBpd5mFebapu1naqjiqZXp22pbq2NsbO1SLXyu-O8n702vqe_CMAawQTDOsSixtjPftNv037UQti92WHZfNrB4Nji1eRR6hjrY-1B7YPvDu968kXz3fZI9qP3Mvhf-Ov8S_4K_o_-ug==?accountName=triwesterki&characterName=ZombieSoup

more life

2. https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAABeAdwDhwUtCC4JWAxzD6sRLxHVFCAVIBa_FukZihmOGbQbrSFgI_YkNySLJpUoKio4LOktgy5TMZ4yCTWSNe82PTrhOu09_ECgQzFHfk2STeNQR1VLV5dYY18_X9BgQWHiYqxjcGVNaGVsRmyMbztybHTtdf12rHfjeA15aHrve4x82X11gUGEb4TFhNmFUoazi0-Mz419lWaXBpd5mFebapu1naqjiqZXp22pbq2NsbO1SLXyu-O9Nr6nvwjAGsEEwYvDOsSixtjPftNv037T_NRC2L3ZYdrB26fg2OLV5FHqGOtj7UHtg-8O73ryRfPd9kj2o_cy-F_46_4K_o_-ug==?accountName=triwesterki&characterName=ZombieSoup

more block and damage

This is my version skill tree, the second changes is swap add fire damage gem for life leech gem.

Of course belly of the best is needed.

Do you think it is viable to tank endgame bosses like uber trio?
there needs to be a balance of life and damage. If you're going for uber then 8k life is minimum but it's best achieved with Zombiesoup's mods to my build PLUS cutting edge gear. Block should be achieved as much as possible via Rumi's and dual wield block nodes which are on my tree, not through any ascendancy trees as you absolutely need Berserker tree for the leech and speed buffs.

My build can be exceedingly hard because no single guide can be comprehensive to every dual striker with my precise tree because gear causes such massive shifts in his abilities. Some gear will crank APS and damage and give the appearance of high leech until it falls short when you take too much damage. Other gear will crank your life really high and give you false impressions of tankiness when your damage is low and leech will be ineffective.

The goal is unmitigated, brash, resolute tanking. This is achieved by my guide listed like so

1. Leech is his #1 defense= sponge damage like the God of War himself in all situations without running, dodging, evading or excessive health potting
2. Life= better sponging and higher leech rate= tank effectively
3. Block= negate damage= prevent leech queues= tank effectively
4. Proper gems (in my gear section)= more DPS/defense= tank effectively
5. Attacks per Second= fast tiny leech hits= less likely to hit the leech cap= shorter/no leech queue time= tank effectively
6. Some Increased Melee Damage= more effective leech hits with lower quality axes= tank effectively.

No one can tell you what to do because your gear will always make you adapt. When I geared my guy, every time I changed a single piece I had to change nearly everything else just to keep things as I had them to even gain whatever buff I had wanted. I'm sure I've spoken too much, but the key is balance. He's a blender build so blend away!!

thanks for the fan support of my build guys!!
Umbra_of_Eclipse
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Jun 19, 2016, 7:05:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info