[3.0] Legasi's Masterpiece - Trivialize Bossfights! Shaper Deathless! Boss Guides inside! HC

"
Wizly wrote:
Thanks for your answer and advices.
Another question: Have you notice the effect from corrupted
?
Are you planned to corrupt more then 2 of your items?
I have bought same jewel +
and have only 2
corrupted items: belt + ring.

Uh don't bother with this mod at all. It's just a liiiiiiittle better than the 6% increased charge duration but still doesnt matter at all. Inc leech rate only matters if you can't reach the leech cap, while this build relies on leeching the full 20% hp. So it's effectively 2% more leech in the 'build up phase' hardly noticable.

I generally do not corrupt items unless I have equivalent backup. However, the combination of Hungry Abyss and Vessel of Vinktar is ridiculoulsy insane (and equally expensive).
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
this thread spans a bunch of different leagues. right now i'm just killing time in Essence League and trying it out.

lots of references to crits and PCs...but how does this build generate crit chance or PCs without Skyforth? no OOS PC setup, the Occultist PC node isn't taken. what am i missing?
One last Question legasi, if I may: do I understand "double dipping" right that bonuses to chaos damage and bonuses to fire damage get counted because of the conversion? So would that mean that a node like "Fire Walker" would also be ok because it boosts my fire damage before the conversion (more to convert)? I ask because I like that node for also giving me some needed resistances, at least while not yet having optimal gear. But I see you have NO +fire nodes (just one + elemental node). Is fire that un-worth it? THank you!
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
"
theamato wrote:
this thread spans a bunch of different leagues. right now i'm just killing time in Essence League and trying it out.

lots of references to crits and PCs...but how does this build generate crit chance or PCs without Skyforth? no OOS PC setup, the Occultist PC node isn't taken. what am i missing?

These refer to different build variations, found in the advanced skill tree section.
Where exactly are all those references from other sections?

"
onomastikon wrote:
One last Question legasi, if I may: do I understand "double dipping" right that bonuses to chaos damage and bonuses to fire damage get counted because of the conversion? So would that mean that a node like "Fire Walker" would also be ok because it boosts my fire damage before the conversion (more to convert)? I ask because I like that node for also giving me some needed resistances, at least while not yet having optimal gear. But I see you have NO +fire nodes (just one + elemental node). Is fire that un-worth it? THank you!

Nope. Check the previous comment pages for an explanation of double dipping.
Last edited by Legasi on Nov 9, 2016, 5:17:53 AM
"
Legasi wrote:

"
onomastikon wrote:

Nope. Check the previous comment pages for an explanation of double dipping.

OK thank you for that answer, but then let me try to rephrase: Does + fire damage nodes do anything for us? You are taking IM for the conversion to chaos, not the + fire, this I think I realize, but will +fire bring us anything? Or rather like this, perhaps: is +15% fire bonus half as good as chaos bonus (like +15% fire is worth +8% chaos bonus)?

thank you for your help and patience
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
"
Legasi wrote:
"
theamato wrote:

These refer to different build variations, found in the advanced skill tree section.
Where exactly are all those references from other sections?

The Crit vs EO section mentions auto PC generation. How would you do that without Skyforth? OOS - PCoC link? What do you drop for that?

And for builds that do take EO, do we just rely on Diamond Rings and Ammy mods and CD bonus global crit? It's a lot of points to take those Spell crit nodes and we still get hit by Controlled Destruction and there is no Crit strikes gem.

I am not criticizing, btw. just want some help as I develop my passive tree. do I take the Point or PC from Alira? Etc
"
onomastikon wrote:
OK thank you for that answer, but then let me try to rephrase: Does + fire damage nodes do anything for us? You are taking IM for the conversion to chaos, not the + fire, this I think I realize, but will +fire bring us anything? Or rather like this, perhaps: is +15% fire bonus half as good as chaos bonus (like +15% fire is worth +8% chaos bonus)?

thank you for your help and patience

Hmm this is quite a complicated topic since we are not converting 100% of the damage. In simplified terms 15% fire damage will indeed increase your hit damage by 15%. There is no half value or anything, it's just as good as chaos, spell, elemental, aoe, etc.

Anyway, if you are curious about mechanics like damage coversion, double dipping etc. and the math behind it you should have a look at the wiki first! In case something still isn't clear I'm glad to help.

"
theamato wrote:
The Crit vs EO section mentions auto PC generation. How would you do that without Skyforth? OOS - PCoC link? What do you drop for that?

And for builds that do take EO, do we just rely on Diamond Rings and Ammy mods and CD bonus global crit? It's a lot of points to take those Spell crit nodes and we still get hit by Controlled Destruction and there is no Crit strikes gem.

I am not criticizing, btw. just want some help as I develop my passive tree. do I take the Point or PC from Alira? Etc

All cool man. This build is almost a year old and has evolved quite a lot. The original first version was actually a crit build (in the dark ages when ContDestr, EleFocus, EleOverload didnt exist) so I wondered if there were some leftover passages that still needed updating to avoid confusion.

The crit version does indeed take the Forbidden Power node at occultist and Alira's Powercharge. It seems like those passages went missing, will fix at the weekend. Thanks for the heads up!
Keep in mind that going crit is only worth it if you have at least very good gear available.

You do not need any further investment in crit to utilize EO. Even with just the basecrit EO procs reliably. You are casting ~2+ times per second and your vortex/whatever in the low cwdt setup will trigger rapidly. A Firestorm lasts 3 seconds and EO 8. So you get a total of 11 seconds EO uptime from one successful crit. This is usually enough to reliably keep up the buff when you really need it.

You also forgot that the IM has 100% inc critchance too. Combined with the Consuming Dark thats 160% global crit for free. If you are using a 5l you could leave out ContrDestr.
Last edited by Legasi on Nov 9, 2016, 5:17:53 PM
I've been playing this build for the last week. Since I'm poor as all hell I was looking for a budget build and it's true; I bought a CD, IM and Energy from Within for about 12 chaos and an alch.

The moment I switched to CI with IM and started to use the CwDT + Warlord + IC, it was like night and day in terms of tankiness. (First time trying CI.)

I'm only level 69 yet though. Still missing large parts of the build.

Btw, what do you think about Mokou's Embrace? Since it gives resists and increased fire damage:

It's been with me since, well, level 16. We're one being now.
"
sublolify wrote:
I've been playing this build for the last week. Since I'm poor as all hell I was looking for a budget build and it's true; I bought a CD, IM and Energy from Within for about 12 chaos and an alch.

The moment I switched to CI with IM and started to use the CwDT + Warlord + IC, it was like night and day in terms of tankiness. (First time trying CI.)

I'm only level 69 yet though. Still missing large parts of the build.

Btw, what do you think about Mokou's Embrace? Since it gives resists and increased fire damage:

It's been with me since, well, level 16. We're one being now.

Hehe, you ultimately will want to use a rare with % es, but for now you can still spend time with your alt art buddy :)
heey, i have bought this gear

and this is my tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAPuBx4NHw5IES0RLxFQEZYVfhXXFvMYVhpsGyUc3B1PHb4fxyL0Jogo-isKK3gsnCy_LYsvnTOHNbk8BTwoPV9Bh0J6RZ1JUUuuTm1SU1NSVkhWY1fiXEBd8l9qaHRo8mwLbRl1nnpwfEt8g3zwf8aCm4LHhq6Hy48aj_qRB5MnlS6WdJf0mjua4JwynL6drp_foS-lxKcIpyunm7VItoa3MLiTu_y-isBmzxXQ0NWm2CTZW9pi34rkIuha6QLrY-vu7BjtIO0873zw1ffB-eg=

and i know im lvl 77 but i have problems with killing Atziri (normal) used all my portals. Can you please help me out?
Last edited by duso94 on Nov 23, 2016, 11:59:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info