[3.0] Legasi's Masterpiece - Trivialize Bossfights! Shaper Deathless! Boss Guides inside! HC

Would you recommend this build as a league starter for the new breach league?
"
OwlRaider wrote:
Would you recommend this build as a league starter for the new breach league?

There shouldn't be much of a problem for experienced players, but I don't recommend it for new players. The build is extremely slow while leveling, especially when there is no gear available at the start of the league, that can be demotiviating.
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Hey mate, it's me again o/. I kind of modified your Vaal Pact build but since I'm new I wonder if you can take a look and tell if my logic works.

Passive Tree

1- With Vaal Pact you will have more suvivability(you'll leech alot more per second right?. With this you can afford to use a second weapon to increase your damage.

MAIN POINT
2- Area and Chaos Damage are BY FAR the best scale you can get on tree since it's the only thing that will double dip your Poison Damage. Going VAAL PACT, you have access to a Chaos Damage Cluster.

Increasing the base for the scaling:
3- As a Second weapon you use a 2nd Consuming Dark or a Wand with Essence of Delirium, I still don't know which one is better.

a)2nd Consuming Dark: Will convert 75% total to chaos, This chaos damage will be scaled by the nodes, and the poison will deal EVEN MORE damage.

b)Dagger/Mace with Essence of Delirium: The Decay DoT scales with your nodes, You have more flexibility of weapon and the extra damage of Malediction will deal more damage since you have more fire damage here(shouldn't make much difference)

So, since you have WAY MORE EXPERIENCE I would like your opinion if I'm doing something tremendously wrong here, and which is better, Essence of Delirium or 2nd-Consuming Dark? Thanks!!
Last edited by Tourage on Dec 3, 2016, 9:08:23 PM
"
Tourage wrote:
Hey mate, it's me again o/. I kind of modified your Vaal Pact build but since I'm new I wonder if you can take a look and tell if my logic works.

Passive Tree

1- With Vaal Pact you will have more suvivability(you'll leech alot more per second right?. With this you can afford to use a second weapon to increase your damage.

MAIN POINT
2- Area and Chaos Damage are BY FAR the best scale you can get on tree since it's the only thing that will double dip your Poison Damage. Going VAAL PACT, you have access to a Chaos Damage Cluster.

Increasing the base for the scaling:
3- As a Second weapon you use a 2nd Consuming Dark or a Wand with Essence of Delirium, I still don't know which one is better.

a)2nd Consuming Dark: Will convert 75% total to chaos, This chaos damage will be scaled by the nodes, and the poison will deal EVEN MORE damage.

b)Dagger/Mace with Essence of Delirium: The Decay DoT scales with your nodes, You have more flexibility of weapon and the extra damage of Malediction will deal more damage since you have more fire damage here(shouldn't make much difference)

So, since you have WAY MORE EXPERIENCE I would like your opinion if I'm doing something tremendously wrong here, and which is better, Essence of Delirium or 2nd-Consuming Dark? Thanks!!

Eyo \o

First off, I really like your analytical and logical approach and deep unsterstandig! You'll become a great theorycrafter in no time :)

Tree: Very nice, nothing to complain about. I'd personally take Corruption over Melding, but that's a matter of preference. Keep in mind that because of quadratic scaling a bit more inc chaos damage makes a huge difference in the total dps. Also 48% es for 6 points and a jewel socket has bad value imo.

1- This is mostly correct. While your energy shield doesn't affect the rate you can leech at anymore, you still have a way smaller pool and are more vulnerable to onehits. Playing like this requires a higher level of player skill, since mistakes won't be forgiven as easily ("Woops, didn't notice that Phoenix's KABOOM in time, whatever" to "Rip 10% xp (or at least a portal)"). On the plus side, you can just switch between shield and second weapon as much as you like.

2- Exactly. There is actually a third king of damage that double dips, which is generic damage (just "damage" in game). It's not as easy to come by, you can get it from a Flame Golem, Firestorm quality, Sulphur Flask or jewels.
Again, as already statet at the tree paragraph, additional increases in chaos damage yield massive profit because of overproportional scaling.

3- I don't know about this one, you'll have to do the math yourself. Keep in mind you cant dual wield a wand with other onehanders, a dagger or sceptre will have to do, however you seem to already have noticed that in 3b.

a) Could you further explain why the poison will deal more damage? It will just deal higher damage because the chaos base damage is higher, there is no extra double dipping involved. If you wanted to say that, cool :)

b) First part is correct, second one... I'm not sure what you wanna say here. Getting spell damage or similar on an offhand weapon will increase your Firestorm's damage. Everything else is based on that FS damage (fixed percentage conversion, poison from that damage, fixed % extra damage from Malediction etc.), so increased (non chaos, non dot) damage like spell, fire, ele modifies your hit damage output at a constant rate.

Back on topic, blindly guessing I'd say a delirium weapon with some implicit ele damage and explicit spell damage is better, I could be totally wrong tho. You'll have to calcualte it from zero, or just test it in game ;)
Working on a major update at the moment.

Changing build to Wither - Cast when Channeling - Chaosstorm. Should deal triple damage.

Edit: Triple damage? Nope. Double dipping. MASSIVELY higher damage.
Last edited by Legasi on Dec 6, 2016, 7:15:44 PM
well done, I like the CwC idea. Maybe I'll reroll a masterpiece... but no promises. :D

edit: for anyone wondering, I played with Legasi the very first build back in Talisman.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Last edited by eviL_Bison on Dec 6, 2016, 7:25:11 PM
nvm read your changes settings. going to try the cwc right way :)
Last edited by stephenp1983 on Dec 6, 2016, 11:03:29 PM
Recalculated the deeps and added a leveling section again!
Hey, what do you think about "Scorching Ray" instead of Wither?
I am using Scorching Ray instead of Wither, it looks more aesthetic for me. ) And Scorching ray can break barrels. )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info