[3.0] Legasi's Masterpiece - Trivialize Bossfights! Shaper Deathless! Boss Guides inside! HC

Thank for your build and explanations.
Question: Why do you prefer combination: "CD + IM + shield" instead of "CD + Vaal Regalia(VR) + 2nd CD"?
I can have 3 variants of setup on Standart:
1) 15.700 ES + 60% conversion w CD + IM + shield & potential problems when Low mana.
2) 14.000 ES + 90% conversion w VR + 2 legacy CD, 3,5k h/o FS tooltip.
3) 17.600 ES + 45% conversion w VR & shield, 2,7k h/o FS tooltip.
Now i'm playing with 3rd version w ZO, have problems on T16, my damage is low and often can not survive. I understand that VP version is better for survivability on Guardians, but don't want go for VP.
Last edited by Wizly on Oct 28, 2016, 2:42:47 AM
any uber atziri killers so far here?
"
Wizly wrote:
Thank for your build and explanations.
Question: Why do you prefer combination: "CD + IM + shield" instead of "CD + Vaal Regalia(VR) + 2nd CD"?
I can have 3 variants of setup on Standart:
1) 15.700 ES + 60% conversion w CD + IM + shield & potential problems when Low mana.
2) 14.000 ES + 90% conversion w VR + 2 legacy CD, 3,5k h/o FS tooltip.
3) 17.600 ES + 45% conversion w VR & shield, 2,7k h/o FS tooltip.
Now i'm playing with 3rd version w ZO, have problems on T16, my damage is low and often can not survive. I understand that VP version is better for survivability on Guardians, but don't want go for VP.

It's a tank build, so ofc I'm using a shield. IM is cheap and strong. On each budget the defence from IM + shield is greater than that of a VR.One CD is enough to kill everything on well rounded builds.

But you fiddled with the build too much, your version is not well rounded anymore. This is a regen *and* leech tank. I never claimed you can survive t16 bosses with the regen alone. You got too much of it while neglecting damage. With too little damage you can't reach the leech cap anymore, especially with that amount of es, thus you actually *lose survivability* and die.
Oh and your flasks are horrible too.
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
help me understand something. the build rely on warlord's mark for mana leech to stay out of the low mana threshold on IM? and WM is linked to CWDT, so you have to get hit regularly to cast it consistently which is fine for trash etc. but what about hard hitter, bosses, guardians etc, ones you want to avoid getting hit, do you still face tank them? if not, can you still stay above the low mana threshold consistently? thanks
"
buttcommander wrote:
help me understand something. the build rely on warlord's mark for mana leech to stay out of the low mana threshold on IM? and WM is linked to CWDT, so you have to get hit regularly to cast it consistently which is fine for trash etc. but what about hard hitter, bosses, guardians etc, ones you want to avoid getting hit, do you still face tank them? if not, can you still stay above the low mana threshold consistently? thanks

Masterpiece is indeed designed for facetanking, even super endgame bosses. High level well geared characters are able facetank anything except for telegraphed smashes on hard rolled 14+ maps. And pressing your WB button once in a while isn't that much of a problem^^ Have a look at the Build Concept and Guardian guides for more details.
You indeed do get hit a lot, and that's no problem. As a side effect this build has massive duration and curse duration, just the level 5 WM last like 15 seconds, Enf lasts like 30, and the durations of both are increased again by TC :D So even if you were forced to kite a barrage of shit for a longer time (Uber for example) the bosses remain cursed.

WM leech is sufficient for mana sustain. In cases where you can't leech, just bring a mana flask! Mana Flasks are awesome, but no one believes me :(
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Last edited by Legasi on Oct 29, 2016, 5:41:28 AM
hey I love firestorm spell and want to do a character using it ran across your thread I've only ran es characters twice but never with pain attunement without a shav's how are u surviving against chaos dmg are u just expecting to leech faster than the chaos dmg?

thanks
"
hedpe666 wrote:
hey I love firestorm spell and want to do a character using it ran across your thread I've only ran es characters twice but never with pain attunement without a shav's how are u surviving against chaos dmg are u just expecting to leech faster than the chaos dmg?

thanks

This build is explicitly CI
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Yeah i see that in the forum but if u look at his char and isn't running ci and is running pain attuement with rightous fire off of blood magic
"
hedpe666 wrote:
Yeah i see that in the forum but if u look at his char and isn't running ci and is running pain attuement with rightous fire off of blood magic

Sorry, but I don't see how you are seeing that.
Here https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Legasi/characters his LegasiMasterpiece occultist character has CI and looks pretty similar to what the build is suggesting.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
I really like this guide, very nice and in-depth, but because I am new and also don't have much currency (can NOT afford a Shavs or anything similar) was really intruiged by the build, but still have a couple of questions, any help is appreciated, thank you.

First, most important to me, I love your gearing section, but want to know how flask-dependend the build is. You have three really great flasks, and at least one of them is completely out of my range. Is this even halfway viable without VoV? And Rumi's + Atziris?

Secondly, in a couple of spots you mention Wither, but don't seem to have that in your setup. Do you swap it in for particular circumstances, and how?

Thanks so much

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info