The Exiled Sale Recipe Book (spoilers)

Surgeon's Flasks are still worth 1 Alchemy Shard.

"
Btah wrote:
yep it's seem to be 3 shards for IIR/IIQ now...and max ones 7 shards (not 100% sure, but just had an IIR item worth 7)

7 Alchemy Shards?! Or 4 Alchemy Shards and 3 Alteration Shards, or 3 Alchemy Shards and 4 Alteration Shards?

Edit: nm, i just verified an item myself.

Unavailable

0.9.5c: 2 Alchemy Shard, 2 Alteration Shard.
0.9.5d: 7 Alchemy Shard, 5 Alteration Shard.

Edit 2:

"
Btah wrote:
1 TP can now be sold for 1 ID (very handy for everyone with TP-gem)...and Orb of Transmutation gets converted to 4 instead of 2 IDs
Whetstone is 4 IDs, Armourers Scrap is 2 IDs

Also, 1 Orb of Alteration is now 4 IDs.
Necropolis: 97
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Dec 29, 2011, 7:18:37 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Recipe: 3 rares with same moderation-names
Reward: regal orb
Finder: unsane

One question... same moderation-names means they have to be a clone on the mods?

.:It's never too late to become what you might have been:.
"
unsane wrote:

Also, 1 Orb of Alteration is now 4 IDs.
yeah but who would sell Alterations, when Transmutation give the same result!?

It's like the discussion about the 6-mod-rares...why should anyone sell a good rare (with 6 stats chances of bad rares are kinda low) for a lousy Augmentation Orb? o_O
"
icassel wrote:

One question... same moderation-names means they have to be a clone on the mods?

As far as I know it is the two prefix names that have to be shared. The values and names of the stats that do not give the name seems irrelevant. However, there is a lot of confusion as to the exact specifications. There is evidence that it is not exclusive to same-name items.
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
"
Btah wrote:
It's like the discussion about the 6-mod-rares...why should anyone sell a good rare (with 6 stats chances of bad rares are kinda low) for a lousy Augmentation Orb? o_O

Possibly true for unid ones, tho even then it could depend on base type and ilvl whether it's worth it to identify or take the orb. But for id'd ones with garbage stats/affixes, it's definitely fine.

"
radiatoren wrote:
"
icassel wrote:

As far as I know it is the two prefix names that have to be shared. The values and names of the stats that do not give the name seems irrelevant. However, there is a lot of confusion as to the exact specifications. There is evidence that it is not exclusive to same-name items.

The "moderation" terminology is weird, i think it's a translation problem. It should read "3 rares with the same name"

Also, i don't think there's any confusion for those 2 recipes. It has absolutely nothing to do with affixes. It is pure and simply the name of the rare (line 2). Rare names are completely random, they are not linked to their affixes. The first and last name are taken from distinct name pools for the base item type

There was one person who submitted confusing results, but no one has ever reproduced it (not even himself). It was likely just a mistake (not knowing of the existence of the same-name recipe). He never came back to explain it better, nor to say that he did know about the same name recipe.
Necropolis: 97
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Dec 29, 2011, 9:04:10 AM
I tried regal boots of shattering

but since the name before wasnt the same, I wasnt able to get the orb, but still got 17 alch shards, maybe because it had rarity or something

.:It's never too late to become what you might have been:.
With the regal recipe, do the rare names BOTH have to be the same? Like 3x Terror Tresher?
or can I go like Terror Tresher+Terror Barb+Terror Hammer?
"
NyllA wrote:
With the regal recipe, do the rare names BOTH have to be the same? Like 3x Terror Tresher?

Only 3x Terror Treshers. I do however suspect a recipe could include finding certain combinations of terror-gear though.
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
"
radiatoren wrote:
"
NyllA wrote:

Only 3x Terror Treshers. I do however suspect a recipe could include finding certain combinations of terror-gear though.

Those rare name recipes are crazy. I hope they eventually add easier varients into the mix and buff the rewards for actaully getting 2 or 3 same names.
"
Epicurwin wrote:
Those rare name recipes are crazy. I hope they eventually add easier varients into the mix and buff the rewards for actaully getting 2 or 3 same names.

Buff them? They already give alchs and regals...

Not to mention the fact that you could have several people team up, compare all their item names (or write a program to do it for you, which may be possible since the forum will let you access your inventory for data), create a list of the like names, then divide the spoils. That could get pretty lucrative. I'd be very surprised if someone isn't already working on that.

I've already snatched up one identically named item just from general trade spam, and made an offer on a second. And I know I'm working at the amateur level here. The problem with watching general is that people don't usually spam items that they don't think are valuable, and what you're ideally looking for is trash. I've also seen people spam names that they are looking for duplicates of. But a smart trader will realize how much the other stands to gain, if you tell them what the item is for, and may want a lot more than if they were selling a junk rare.

But I think the real winner here will be GGG if they keep this feature and decide to sell additional stash space. ;-)
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
Last edited by UristMcDwarfy on Dec 29, 2011, 2:45:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info