[2.1 DoubleTrouble] Aims' Blade Vortex : 300+K DPS : >5K life Atziri EZ Cheap: Hybrid option added.

"
RabzH wrote:
about the aura part, i cant get a lvl 3 enlighten right now so i specced into charisma untill i can get my enlighten to level 3, do u think its worthy of keeping it later on or just unspec when i get the lvl 3 enlighten

It just occurred to me after putting number in here https://poe.mikelat.com/#kgvSb/kJ9GI8lh/7lJtTb one does need an enlighten 4 if you wish to run HoA. Totally not worth it unless you got it lying around. Maybe spec in charisma in tree. Maybe try the CWDT 1 & curse on hit warlords mark suggested above then its "free"
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 21, 2015, 9:29:49 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
RabzH wrote:
about the aura part, i cant get a lvl 3 enlighten right now so i specced into charisma untill i can get my enlighten to level 3, do u think its worthy of keeping it later on or just unspec when i get the lvl 3 enlighten

It just occurred to me after putting number in here https://poe.mikelat.com/#kgvSb/kJ9GI8lh/7lJtTb one does need an enlighten 4 if you wish to run HoA. Totally not worth it unless you got it lying around. Maybe spec in charisma in tree. Maybe try the CWDT 1 & curse on hit warlords mark suggested above then its "free"

yeah charisma seems like the best option atm
There is option to run ash and HoI and Hatred using 100% of mana and have more DPS - with lvl CWDT COH Blades & Warlords 4L - I explain cons though in OP.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 21, 2015, 10:42:49 AM
Whats are ups and downs of noncrit version with the Controlled Destruction? Gem gives you like 50% more spell damage and you do not have to invest heavily into crit nodes, hatred damage is enough to chill mobs anyway and you can not freeze bosses on your own, you need a curser with EW and EE.

Have you tried noncrit version with more life and whatnot?
You claim the build is hardcore viable, but I'd like to know if you've actually tried it or if you're just assuming. The playstyle seems very dangerous compared to many hardcore builds that clear with the same speed. In reality it seems to be a physical variant of the Righteous Fire type of play, but without the massive defenses provided by RF. Not to mention Blade Vortex does hit which means physical reflect could kill very fast. I'd chalk this up there with Reave and CoC as very fun builds that are likely better to experience in standard where you don't have to worry too much about staying safe until around level 90 when dying starts to matter. Not to say it's not possible in HC (most everything is) but from what I'm seeing I'm not jumping to try this one anytime soon.
"
ToBeSomebody wrote:
You claim the build is hardcore viable, but I'd like to know if you've actually tried it or if you're just assuming. The playstyle seems very dangerous compared to many hardcore builds that clear with the same speed. In reality it seems to be a physical variant of the Righteous Fire type of play, but without the massive defenses provided by RF. Not to mention Blade Vortex does hit which means physical reflect could kill very fast. I'd chalk this up there with Reave and CoC as very fun builds that are likely better to experience in standard where you don't have to worry too much about staying safe until around level 90 when dying starts to matter. Not to say it's not possible in HC (most everything is) but from what I'm seeing I'm not jumping to try this one anytime soon.

I'd be really confident playing HC with the Carcass spec... I link defenses below. Nothing can one shot you with 5300 life and 20% fortify mitigation not to mention granite/ToH flasks. Well nothing you can't avoid like palace dom smash or the like. Even my 12,000ES flicker can't survive that one without popping flasks.

The play style is not dangerous at all when out leech any incoming and less than half the stuff even hits you.... can spec triple instant life leeching at max stacks (50) and @100K dps which is what a mid gear borderline self found gear 17-18 gem levels would do, gains insane life leech to instant heal any damage incoming.
-max rolled cybil's you get 1600 hp per second per target at max stacks
-LL gem in chest for 2% instant or about 2000 per sec
-Warlords another 2000/sec

for a minimum of 5600 life per sec.

BTW what "massive defenses" do RF toons have? They have to chase down regen and have lower block than I have evasion and dodge and no spell block. Armor? Fire res?

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 21, 2015, 12:27:31 PM
"
Teplokot wrote:
Whats are ups and downs of noncrit version with the Controlled Destruction? Gem gives you like 50% more spell damage and you do not have to invest heavily into crit nodes, hatred damage is enough to chill mobs anyway and you can not freeze bosses on your own, you need a curser with EW and EE.

Have you tried noncrit version with more life and whatnot?

Both these builds use crit. One just a little higher crit than the other.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I'd be really confident playing HC with the Carcass spec... I link defenses below. Nothing can one shot you with 5300 life and 20% fortify mitigation not to mention granite/ToH flasks. Well nothing you can't avoid like palace dom smash or the like. Even my 12,000ES flicker can't survive that one without popping flasks.

The play style is not dangerous at all when out leech any incoming and less than half the stuff even hits you.... can spec triple instant life leeching at max stacks (50) and @100K dps which is what a mid gear borderline self found gear 17-18 gem levels would do, gains insane life leech to instant heal any damage incoming.
-max rolled cybil's you get 1600 hp per second per target at max stacks
-LL gem in chest for 2% instant or about 2000 per sec
-Warlords another 2000/sec

for a minimum of 5600 life per sec.

BTW what "massive defenses" do RF toons have? They have to chase down regen and have lower block than I have evasion and dodge and no spell block. Armor? Fire res?

That's all part of the dangerous playstyle. Requiring leech/LGoH to sustain yourself when your only method of getting such is to dive deeper/hit more things leads to an all-or-nothing style of gameplay that revolves heavily around throwing yourself against the enemy. Those styles of play do exist obviously (RF, Cyclone) but in hardcore often with different, more reliable mitigations and survival tactics, such as regeneration, life pools and armor. Seething Flasks for instant health pops and granite flasks for extra physical mitigation do of course make an evasion in-your-face build more viable, but still not up to what I would consider HC.

As for the defenses of RF you're already looking at a life pool ~80% higher and, yes, armor, which is guaranteed mitigation over a chance to dodge/evade/block. A potential 98% fire resist does make certain bosses/maps much easier I'll agree, and while completely negating one source of damage is nice I won't lean on that as part of the defenses. With that aside, the life regen with the massive life pool and armor% mitigations would be the safer alternative to a build like this, especially with fortify factored in.

To put it more simply; a full evasion build that relies solely on regen from hits that can only be acquired by diving through packs sounds plainly like the kind of thing made for standard. I've seen reave work in HC and I've done CoC myself up to level 80+ (and yes, I died), but I would still only consider either of them "HC viable" in the same sense I would consider any build HC viable, which is through navigating around weaknesses through skilled gameplay alone, not through high build defense.
I've leveled to HC mid 80s with less tank builds than this.. More specifically my supernova build which jumps into packs as well and doesn't have near the leech capabilities.

It's not the content/build that usually kills HC player anyway:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUY90zlWR6Y&t=4m50s

you can stop after 20 sec you get idea

If I wanted to make this build super tanky for HC I'd prolly wear a lightning coil (22.5% phys mit) and carry a Taste of hate, another 22.5 phys mit,. add in the fortify always up factor and no amount of armor can compare. all while Still having all the evasion and leech should make one destructible. I won't play HC ever again due to stuff like that video shows to prove it but you have enough experience to concede that would be HC enough.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 21, 2015, 5:51:32 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I've leveled to HC mid 80s with less tank builds than this.. More specifically my supernova build which jumps into packs as well and doesn't have near the leech capabilities.

It's not the content/build that usually kills HC player anyway:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUY90zlWR6Y&t=4m50s

you can stop after 20 sec you get idea

I did watch the videos, and it looked pretty solid, but you also kind of reiterated my point as well about non-tanky builds and player viability versus build viability for HC. Not everyone is good at the game. "Average" exists as a majority of the players and just because one person can take an aggressive build such as this one and play it through Atziri deathless doesn't mean the majority of players can. I suppose that's where I'd define hardcore viable: can the majority of players take it into hardcore with moderate success? As I said, I've played plenty of non-tanky hardcore toons myself, and with some experience I'd like to say it was because of know-how and skilled play, not my particular build, that I was able to survive into the later levels. Many of those characters are still alive and can be seen in my character list in Hardcore where they went after their league ended.

How about this; I would challenge you to go ahead and take this build into hardcore just to show that it is, indeed, hardcore viable, and how it should be done, even if it's just to prove me wrong. Try it on the new talisman league to get a fresh start and make it authentic. It's really easy to say 'oh yeah, definitely hardcore viable because ABC and XYZ,' but it loses a lot of value when all of your current playable characters are in standard.

Edit: Just saw your edit. Lightning coil would be a nice addition, though of course you'd still have to factor in the increased likeliness to be shocked. It definitely makes it plenty more viable, but you're starting to get out of the realm of something that can be tried by any player out there. Lightning coil + taste of hate alone nets you 10-12 exalts, and that's just your chest and your flask. Not taking away from its viability in the slightest; those two are an excellent combination paired with fortify to make an evasion character very physical damage-resilient. But that's part of why they're so rare, and so expensive. Not to mention the fact that that combination (as well as Atziri's step) is pretty much the go-to for any evasion build, including, once again, those that don't require you to be in the enemy's face in order to leech your life back.

To sum up once again; I would definitely say LC and ToH would make it more viable for hardcore, but beyond the reach of most any player who doesn't get lucky with a nice drop--and even then they'll likely trade for one of the two and save up for the other. You claimed that your Carcass Jack build was what you would call HC viable, so still urge you to give it a shot and prove me wrong, and show to the playerbase that when you say "HC: Yes" you mean it, you're not just all talk.
Last edited by ToBeSomebody on Dec 21, 2015, 6:00:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info