[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

replacing biscos for dem resists would be my choice, but on the other side tukohamas is not that great.

The extra totem/utility resulting through it is nice, but the price for it is not reasonable in my opinion
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
well I am broke now but ...

Managed to cap my resist by changing some jewels ( just missing 5% lighning res when I have elem weakness + conductivity on me ).

3 totem is really nice to have, it's a direct gain in clear speed and help a lot for Breaches.
IGN TylordRampage
I like this build on LHC so far! I did the Pale Court (where my last char died) and regular Atziri without much trouble. I didn't need to use VLT on any phase of Atziri, and only used it for the Oversouls. I recorded both if anyone is interested in watching!

I swapped out my regular shield for ROTP during the Atziri fight for more survivability vs flameblasts, and accidentally tanked one smaller flameblast but it only dealt about about 1.8k damage (less than 1/3 of my life pool), so I don't feel that I was in any real danger (the bigger flameblast would have hurt more).

I'm running this belt ATM
, which is quite nice in HC for the reduced critical strike damage and the "increased" damage taken by nearby monsters (whenever they get close, which isn't often).

At level 88 and running t10-13 maps, do you think it's better in terms of survivability to leave in or to remove IC in my CWDT link? I get around 6 seconds of IC when it procs with full charges, but I'm thinking the general phys reduction of endu charges might be better since there's 0 downtime during boss fights. I have CWDT - IC - Inc Duration - Stone Golem in my link ATM, and all gems are level 18-19.

Edit: Also this is a random thought, but would a 6L Atziri's Disfavour be the highest possible damage weapon for this build, due to the +2 level of support gems increasing Spell Totem Support's maximum life?
Last edited by Tokenx on Mar 28, 2017, 11:11:44 AM
IC is good while mapping but as you noticed not so good on bosses where reliable charges gain the most benefit. You could swap it with molten shell for excample if you wanna min-max on harder bosses ;)

Disfavour has potentially high dmg, but it competes with 2x doryanis catalyst. PathofBuilding lets you test the highest dps setups ;)

Hi Milky, I'm going to apologize upfront because this is going to be long. You don't need to answer all of it but any help is appreciated. This is my very first time playing PoE and I give you props for making a very easy to follow guide that any noob like me can comprehend. I had a blast playing my almost lvl 80 RF Totem Chieftain but I'm kind of stuck on what to do now and what is the best choice moving forward, mainly because I am broke and have no idea how to get better gear without wasting currency.

So far this is my gear:

I am at almost 4.8k HP with cold and lightning res maxed out at merc and I still need some fire res for max.

What should I be doing about my gear?
I have a Doryani's Catalyst Vaal Scepter that's linked the same way yours is but if I use it then I lose the 3B link with Orb of Storms on it. I am also able to purchase a Soul Mantle Spidersilk Robe as a 5L with 5B and 1G sockets on poe.trade but I feel like having that extra link could be super useful but I'm not sure I have enough fuses to make it 6L so I didn't purchase it yet. If I decide to get the robe I can get 2xKikazaru no problem along with the corresponding Jewel.

My gloves are garbage but I'm not sure how to get better ones without breaking bank. Should I be looking for good item bases with 4L and trying to Alch them or is there a way to craft gloves without breaking bank? I dropped an Ex yesterday and have about 25c in inv but I want to put most of that currency towards Soul Mantle and other stuff that might be necessary to get.

In your guide you say that Ancestral Bonds is the way to go and I specced up to it but I never actually chose it. I leveled just fine without it so I figured I'll continue without doing it. Since I don't have the currency for Tukohama's Fortress, should I be speccing into Ancestral Bonds instead?

I'm currently clearing maps up to t5 pretty well but my defenses suck and I can get blown away pretty easily during breaches and other situations. Any guidance that you could provide is really appreciated, and once again thank you for making a really comprehensive guide to such an awesome build!
"
FireCluck wrote:
Hi Milky, I'm going to apologize upfront because this is going to be long. You don't need to answer all of it but any help is appreciated. This is my very first time playing PoE and I give you props for making a very easy to follow guide that any noob like me can comprehend. I had a blast playing my almost lvl 80 RF Totem Chieftain but I'm kind of stuck on what to do now and what is the best choice moving forward, mainly because I am broke and have no idea how to get better gear without wasting currency.

So far this is my gear:

I am at almost 4.8k HP with cold and lightning res maxed out at merc and I still need some fire res for max.

What should I be doing about my gear?
I have a Doryani's Catalyst Vaal Scepter that's linked the same way yours is but if I use it then I lose the 3B link with Orb of Storms on it. I am also able to purchase a Soul Mantle Spidersilk Robe as a 5L with 5B and 1G sockets on poe.trade but I feel like having that extra link could be super useful but I'm not sure I have enough fuses to make it 6L so I didn't purchase it yet. If I decide to get the robe I can get 2xKikazaru no problem along with the corresponding Jewel.

My gloves are garbage but I'm not sure how to get better ones without breaking bank. Should I be looking for good item bases with 4L and trying to Alch them or is there a way to craft gloves without breaking bank?

In your guide you say that Ancestral Bonds is the way to go and I specced up to it but I never actually chose it. I leveled just fine without it so I figured I'll continue without doing it. Since I don't have the currency for Tukohama's Fortress, should I be speccing into Ancestral Bonds instead?

Highest Priority:

Change the Shield to a rare one or one of those in the guide. It adds fire damage to spells which means your orb of storms/trap deals fire damage which makes enemys more resistant to firedamage with elemental Equilibrium.
This hurts more than it helps.

you could basically upgrade every itemslot for 1 chaos orb per slot.

Aim for 50+ life and two resists over 25% for tbe start.

I would start with a 4 link soul mantle and two kikazaru with 14-15 to all attributes.

With those equipped upgrade other slots.

Boots are fine, have no movementspeed but good life and resists.

Gloves can be bought cheap with life and resists, aim for a energy shield or energy shield + armour base item... this makes coloring easier and cheaper for the start.

The belt can easily get 80+ life and three resists for low costs, change that how you need it.

you havent posted the amulet but that basically the same, fix resists life and dexterity on there.

The weapon is ok for the moment, but if youre really struggeling with resists get an aurumvorax, this fixes everything for the moment ;)

Then i see those gems and links.

Check those in the gem section and i also wrote something about the prioritys in the leveling section.

If you get a 4link soulmantle socket righteous fire in there.

Then you want orb of storms + curse on hit + flammability (offensive) or enfeeble (defensive) at least.

A decoy totem helps surviving if you struggle.

Overall dont focus und getting a 6link, thats a huge currency sink.

4links are enough for everything up to tier 14 maps, a 5link chest for everything else in the game!

If you dont have bloodmagic skilled atm you can also fix the resists with purity auras if you need.

enduring cry helps with physical damage as well.

tl:dr

upgrade gear with life + resists, get the high priority gems, 4 link everything over time and ignore 6link soulmantle until you are rich.

edit: also the flasks are an issue. Get a basalt + granite flask in the setup, those make you tankier. Amethyst flask helps against chaos dmg

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 30, 2017, 5:12:52 AM
Hi Milky,

Loved your guide. Inspired me to create an offshoot build in HC of an RF totem CI Occultist using soulmantle + 2x kikazaru. Just posted a guide, with credit to you for the original inspiration. Here is link if you have any interest, and your feedback is welcomed.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1875654
Would Dyadian Dawn work with this build?
"
llindvior wrote:

well you get the life and strength which can be a decent starter belt. i once used one with a aoe corruption

"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
llindvior wrote:

well you get the life and strength which can be a decent starter belt. i once used one with a aoe corruption

Aha, so I guess the burning part doesn't work?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info