[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
jddc78 wrote:
I was psyched that this build is not nearly as dependent on gems/gear. But also want realistic expectations that it can actually do guardians/shaper eventually. That's my ultimate goal for this league as I've fallen short in the past. So trying to find a build that can accomplish these goals without crazy min-maxed gear.

I'm casual player, playing on Standard because I have no spare time to farm currency and level up my character from zero. With a build which cost several exalts (no Soul Mantle, no Tukohama, just reasonable rares and luckily bought Belly) I'm easy clearing any T15 (except Dark Forest, which is not easy but doable with some patience). Also I provide UberIzaro carry service, which is cake walk with this build.

From T16 I killed only Chimera yet. Learning Minotaur fight atm (ripped several map, but still trying), imo knowing fight is main part of success in T16s.

Since it's me who is bad in this game I'm pretty sure that dedicated challenge league player could accomplish anything with this build without spending/farming a lot.

And as others said, there are no map mod you can't do, so it's very convenient.

If your want to check out my gear, char name is Wolfrider, lvl 92, ~8400hp+es, 7200 armour, but it's enough.
Last edited by fwd on Apr 4, 2017, 11:10:44 AM
That's really great to hear. I actually have pretty good gear and currency from my other chars for this league. But there have been times where ridiculous gear has been required to actually perform near the levels of the videos shown and you don't realize the difference until you are there yourself. I'm talking things like Skyforth, +1 socketed gem 6 link chest, etc.

If you are doing T15 & Uber with that gear I am sold. Thanks again for the input!
"
jddc78 wrote:
That's really great to hear. I actually have pretty good gear and currency from my other chars for this league. But there have been times where ridiculous gear has been required to actually perform near the levels of the videos shown and you don't realize the difference until you are there yourself. I'm talking things like Skyforth, +1 socketed gem 6 link chest, etc.

If you are doing T15 & Uber with that gear I am sold. Thanks again for the input!

Just completed Minotaur for the atlas, finally rolled non-suicidal mods.

Actually I think +1 Belly with 21/20 spell totem could do about the same amount of DPS as Soul Mantle. But it's about luxury, even ordinal 5L Soul Mantle is more then enough for DPS.
"

Actually I think +1 Belly with 21/20 spell totem could do about the same amount of DPS as Soul Mantle. But it's about luxury, even ordinal 5L Soul Mantle is more then enough for DPS.

well then you could also use a +1 SoulMantle ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Back from taking a break from PoE and decided to make my 3rd RF totems char lmao

I decided to try ES RF Totems and man it wasn't rly fun leveling with it. Although it's really nice to get a higher EHP, the life regen isnt cutting it (Prolly need an IC or sth to make it work btr, but still lvling tho)

I'm actually kinda surprised that RF totems can be played also be played by Guardian (prolly would try that for next league), won't get an additional curse or 40% more dmg but it works like a charm if playing CI imho :v
LHC 95 RF totem here...

clear speed wise its just slightly better than AW (which overall still isn't very fast) due to higher AOE + being able to cast and move much further ahead than AW (AW has that shitty inactivation outside of certain radius). cheaper and fuss-free to gear you only need either soul mantle or +1 6l staff (with dark seer cards) to reach build potential.

only case AW flat out wins is in terms of single target damage. but RF totem can do no regen maps easily
so RF totem is great league starter

self cast is a lot faster than RF totem just cast once at start then shield charge to end of map
currently LL RF is the hyped build since it has the best single target but life RF is just as fast in terms of map clearing and also cheaper (just see that LHC 100 thread)

using +1 staff and kaom i have near 9k life without tryharding for only life nodes so no issue with survability whatsoever. only farmed chimera this season and dps was just ...ok.
going ES with RF totem imo is pointless lol.

to sum up
best league starter: RF totem
best map clearing: self cast RF (either ES or life)
best guardian/shaper killer: LL self cast RF / AW
Last edited by forthelulz123 on Apr 5, 2017, 11:16:32 PM
Hi Milky,

I play ur build and I enjoy it like noting else before in POE. What I like the most is the mix of beeing not too slow and still beein able to clear bosses, packs and trash in nearly the same time.

At the moment I am using this setup:

As u can see it is not even close to be really good. But I improve each session.

I have only a few thing I might need your assist.

Would you recommend using the 2xKikazaru + Soul mantle for late game? At the moment it increasses the dmg and clear speed incredibly good. I just wonder if this is the endgame solution aswell or if I will have ti get even better rares.

I do not own the Tukohama so I think I will go dual cepter (As u mentioned the good dmg boost in ur guide).

I did not fully understand OoS and Ancestral Bond synergy. I use a OoS + Curse on hit + Flammability. EO seems to procc like that. But if I understood correct, I have to specc out of Ancestral Bond to also procc EE with it? Is that right?

And as last point, how is the process to procc EE? Do I always first have to cast OoS and then after that the RF Totem? If I first place a totem, does it mean it gives the enemy a fire resistance buff of 25% otherwise?

I would ba happy if u got a few minutes to look at this.

Many thanks!
"
forthelulz123 wrote:
LHC 95 RF totem here...

clear speed wise its just slightly better than AW (which overall still isn't very fast) due to higher AOE + being able to cast and move much further ahead than AW (AW has that shitty inactivation outside of certain radius). cheaper and fuss-free to gear you only need either soul mantle or +1 6l staff (with dark seer cards) to reach build potential.

only case AW flat out wins is in terms of single target damage. but RF totem can do no regen maps easily
so RF totem is great league starter

self cast is a lot faster than RF totem just cast once at start then shield charge to end of map
currently LL RF is the hyped build since it has the best single target but life RF is just as fast in terms of map clearing and also cheaper (just see that LHC 100 thread)

using +1 staff and kaom i have near 9k life without tryharding for only life nodes so no issue with survability whatsoever. only farmed chimera this season and dps was just ...ok.
going ES with RF totem imo is pointless lol.

to sum up
best league starter: RF totem
best map clearing: self cast RF (either ES or life)
best guardian/shaper killer: LL self cast RF / AW

Going ES is mainly to go for a higher EHP. Even as of now, my char has 6.9k life wif soulmantle and kikazaru, using bisco necklace and im doing just fine. Ofc, i nvr did shaper in my life though so yea.
"
exec85 wrote:
I did not fully understand OoS and Ancestral Bond synergy. I use a OoS + Curse on hit + Flammability. EO seems to procc like that. But if I understood correct, I have to specc out of Ancestral Bond to also procc EE with it? Is that right?

And as last point, how is the process to procc EE? Do I always first have to cast OoS and then after that the RF Totem? If I first place a totem, does it mean it gives the enemy a fire resistance buff of 25% otherwise?

You need to do damage to procc EE, that's why you need to specc out of Ancestral Bond, because with that you deal no damage. If you're using AB you need to procc EE with Lightning or Vortex Trap.

RF is a degen, so it doesn't hit and can't procc EE. That's why it doesn't matter at what point you cast OoS. But Axiom Perpetuum is a really bad choice of a weapon: It adds flat fire damage to your OoS and that's why you deal less damage with EE instead of more.
hey OP, can this build survive chayula 's timer and kill chayula itself?

thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info