[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1904823

Please check the other thread out! This guide will be out-of-date soon and i won´t respond to any questions in this Thread.

I had to recreate the guide to the annoying 50000 letter limit and i haven´t reserved any posts below this one back when i created the guide (silly me). ggg sadly cannot add posts in my name inbetween.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Jun 1, 2017, 2:25:53 AM
Last bumped on Jun 1, 2017, 2:26:09 AM
I am also trying a RF totem build, with triple curses.

One tip: Lavianga's Wisdom is a REEEEALLY cheap weapon that is simply astonishing to level using RF totems. Currently I am dual wielding them and one totem takes like 50% of my screen. Also, Im using the Doedres Scorn and Pyre which I consider BiS for this build (at least until super end game maps, where defenses are prioritized).

yeah, i wrote it in the guide too.

I use laviangas wisdom and would use doedres helmet, but i cant use it (need the resists).

Pyre is not worth it, better get life+ %firedmg. Its a good dps item, but only a minor dmg increase.

I am loosely following your guide with a scion, thx for the work you have done to make this page :)
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Thank you, i enjoyed it :)

[deleted]
Last edited by 360 on Oct 14, 2021, 3:44:12 AM
I'm going to give this build a try, this is the tree I came up with.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUATwRDyFugp1V8Dmjy8B-iAASzwGY8BZ_f73yaO4Kb7DiFe2ZUlG9yD1nzZp4aOKyq-tJY5ZBVcqkWb8MTJy_3MsT242paK-oYxq7463asPC277fPdFHHPfoNfg8yRzmhl2XwOPLc-ggcsp_4KeGnyRdi99q464TWSplf-j03jHRQSaRcccXmPRpuhGGo5UlgHpwidrgN1kStYd18EEMwrtoxG-JM6UryfGJH8SxRNr6cczitQDc3-VJ8-LdL53YuM

Its only 96 points so it can still drop down to EE if need be. I also hadn't grabbed Sovereignty yet but I was thinking with that I could probably run Determination and Grace and still have mana for casting CoH-LB and searing bond. Also wasn't sure if I needed ancestral bond or if I wanted to try and EE with casting lightning ball.

Nice to be able to check your progress while I'm still in the process of getting my guy rolling.

Best of luck, stay safe.
Trying to stay alive in Hardcore.
"
Rapid Decay wont increase the damage of RF.

Tested this,
spell totem + RF + Rapid Decay dealt more damage than spell totem + RF without Rapid Decay...
in pvp...

"
two RF totems dont deal double damage, only one counts.

Tested this in pvp as well,
true.

Test was done against a lvl 28 pvp only shadow with all passives and ES removed...
"
AoACaD wrote:
"
Rapid Decay wont increase the damage of RF.

Tested this,
spell totem + RF + Rapid Decay dealt more damage than spell totem + RF without Rapid Decay...
in pvp...

"
two RF totems dont deal double damage, only one counts.

Tested this in pvp as well,
true.

Test was done against a lvl 28 pvp only shadow with all passives and ES removed...

i am 99% sure that rf totem wont have a RD tag if linked, but i will test it later too. I have no problems if youre right ;P

"
360 wrote:
Great guide man!
You mention beeing able to do bm maps with just 2 gem swaps.
What exactly do you swap?

I have Arctic Armour + Blasphemy + Flammability + EleWeakness linked for 95% reservation. In a BM map i want 0%, so i have 2 options with these gemcolors (gbbb)

swap AA with Ethereal Knives or a different Green spellgem, swap blasphemy with curse on hit. Use this to curse the enemys.

swap blasphemy with faster casting, turn off AA and selfcurse.

"
gbjfrtswym wrote:

Its only 96 points so it can still drop down to EE if need be. I also hadn't grabbed Sovereignty yet but I was thinking with that I could probably run Determination and Grace and still have mana for casting CoH-LB and searing bond. Also wasn't sure if I needed ancestral bond or if I wanted to try and EE with casting lightning ball.

Ok you can do it like this, but i can tell you some things i learned while playing this char:

- you want 2 rf totems. it basically doubles your aoe.
- you want 2 rf totems... for bosses. if your totem runs out or gets destroyed you have a downtime with no dps (placement + activation), with dualtotem you have no downtime. Ok, there are aoes that can destroy both totems if they are placed badly etcetc
- EE is overkill for mobs. I just dont use it on regular mobs, it takes more time to apply it than killing the mobpack.
EE is great for curse immune targets, bosses and beefy rares, but not required on regular normal/magic/rare monster.

The mobs die in < 1sec on a regular basis, if i use a ball lightning with no castspeed it takes me almost 2 secs to clear a pack... every time... and they have more time to attack you.

again: EE shines on bosses and curse immune guys, i use my lightning/vaal lightning trap on every boss and 0-2 times against trashmobs, thats how often i need or want EE.

- i understand that you dont wanna run blasphemy for defensive auras, thats fine. i only use it out of lazyness :P Ball lightning coh is fine, but i highly recommend dual totems and a (vaal) lightning trap for EE

- tree is fine, would drop the 10% totemdmg @asc. bonds, not worth it, there are enough 12%+ nodes aviable. in my build the templar resist/eledmg node will drop too when my resists are overcapped, the dmg is ineffective too :P

Last edited by Milkyslice on Dec 15, 2015, 6:51:07 AM
The searing touch staff would appear to be a really synergistic fit with the RF totem

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info