[2.5] Milky's Dual Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, UberAtziri, T15]

Hi PoE Community,

If you are looking for an effective build that can do almost every mapmod without problems and doesnt require any expensive gear, you are in the right place!

Pros

+ RF totems cost 0 mana, no need to invest in any resources (Mana, Eldrich Battery, Blood Magic etc).

+ No gear requirement, can be done with full rares. But one or two specific uniques are not bad. Very Cheap.

+ Can do almost every mapmod: no Regeneration, slower Recovery, Reflect, Blood Magic are not a problem. Blood Magic only requires 2 gemswaps to use curse on. hit.
Chain can be scary in some Scenarios/Bosses like with every totem/minion build.

+ Most of the Damage comes from the Tree and Jewels, which are very cheap for this build.

+ Nice in partys with Multicurses, but even better solo.

+ Can played as a Magic Finder, High Damage or Tanky Character.

+ can kill Atziri without any effort

+ High Tier maps viable

Contra

- Hard to see groundeffects like Flamebearers

- Totem RF casting may be too delayed in really good Partys.

- Annoying against some fleeing Enemys.

- while Partyplay is in general pretty good, you cant play efficiently with other people using this build. RF totems of different player still wont stack.

- Vorici Missions are often not possible due to the high damage and AoE

General Information, read first

Righteous Fire and Searing Bond scale (almost) with the same Damage Nodes, RF gets a few more options.
I use dual totems for more AoE coverage and a higher degeneration uptime on Bosses.

Righteous Fire Totem:
RF deals damage depending on the casters life and energy shield(50% per second).
Righteous Fire Totems use the Totem Life, not the Player Life, this was changed many patches ago.
We increase our damage with more Totem Life which is by far the most important stat... we get it on the Skilltree and Jewels and the stat is cheap. No other build wants Totem Life on their Jewels.

Spell Damage won't increase the Damage of Righteous Fire!

Righteous Fire is pretty unique. It counts as an ignite, but isn't one. Flame Surge for excample gains the bunus damge against ignited enemys from it, but ignite immune mobs still take damage from RF.
Damage modifier

Base Stat:

-Totem Life%

More Totem Life results in a higher basedamage with our RF which scale with the following...

Damage increase modifier:

- Damage over Time%
- Elemental dmg%
- Totem dmg%
- Fire dmg%
- Area dmg%
- Burning dmg%

Those are additive, not multiplicative. The basedamage will be increased.

More Damage multiplier:

- Resistance Curses (Elemental Weakness, Flammability)
- Vulnerability (33% more degeneration damage)
- Elemental Equilibrium
- Shock (Vaal Lightning Trap)
- Frenzy Charges
- Elemental Overload (new)

This modifiers calculate after your increased damage and are multiplicative

Gems to link for Dps:

- Spelltotem level (+1 Gems/Supportgems. Empower doesnt work)
- Increased Burning Damage
- Rapid Decay
- Culling Strike
- Concentrated Effect
- Enhance
- Elemental Focus
- Less Duration
- Minion and Totem Resistance

Those are useful Gems to link with RF that increase your Dps.

Gems that increase the damage, but dont have to be linked with Righteous Fire:

- Vaal Lightning Trap (Shock)
- Vaal Discipline (gives the Totem Energyshield > increases the damage)
- Discipline (like Vaal Discipline)
- Firegolem
- Rallying cry
- Scorching Ray

Searing Bond:
It scales with the same stats except Area Damage and Totem Life. It acts as an additional Totem if we use Searing Bond.

The degeneration effects of Righteous Fire and Searing Bond work together.

Spell Damage won't increase the Damage of Searing Bond!

Damage modifier

Damage increase modifier:

- Damage over Time%
- Elemental dmg%
- Totem dmg%
- Fire dmg%
- Burning dmg%

Those are additive, not multiplicative. The basedamage will be increased.

More Damage multiplier:

- Resistance Curses (Elemental Weakness, Flammability)
- Vulnerability (33% more degeneration damage)
- Elemental Equilibrium
- Shock (Vaal Lightning Trap)
- Frenzy Charges
- Elemental Overload (new)

This modifiers calculate after your increased damage and are multiplicative

Gems to link for Dps:

- Empower
- Increases Burning Damage
- Rapid Decay
- Culling Strike
- Enhance
- Elemental Focus
- Less Duration
- Minion and Totem Resistance

Gems that increase the damage, but dont have to be linked with Searing Bond

- Vaal Lightning Trap (Shock, enables Elemental Equilibrium)
- Firegolem
- Eallying Cry
- Scorching Ray

Curses:
I use Doedres Ring for one additional Curse and the Keystone Whispers of Doom for Triplecurse. Its possible to Selfcast them, use a Curse on Hit Setup or with Blasphemy.

If we use (which i do) Blasphemy support for our curses, we get an aura with the curse around us.
Three Curses on Blasphemy reserve 105% of our mana (35% per curse). We need at least 6% reduced aura reservation to use three of those while reserving 99% of our mana.
We can cast our spells/utility skills with the blood magic support gem,the RF totem costs 0mana already.
More reduced mana reservation allows us to drop the Bloodmagic Support gem on some Utility skills.
The red. mana reservation nodes are located over the dual totem node (ancestral bonds). It is the Soveignity cluster which requires 3-4 skillpoints.

Elemental Weakness grants us -% all resistance
Flammability grants us -% fire resistance
Vulnerability grants 33% more degeneration damage.
Enfeeble reduces the enemy Damage, Critchance, Critmultiplier and Hitchance.
Temporal Chains slows Enemys and increases the Duration of Debuffs.

Curses and Curse effectiveness

Curse effectiveness is really powerful in this build. Curses give us more damage and survivability.
With every additional Curse it gets more valuable and it should be skilled with 3 or more Curses.

With my build i am able to get 40% Curse effectiveness, 30% on the skilltree and 10% quality bonus on Blasphemy/Curse on Hit.

I wanna use Flammability, Elemental Weakness and Temporal Chains on 20% Blasphemy

Every number is rounded down!!!

"
Elemental Weakness LvL 20 20% = -44% Resi >> -61% Resi

Flammability LvL 20 = -44% Resi >> -61% Resi

Vulnerability ALL LvL = 33% more Degen dmg >> 42% more Degen dmg

Temporal Chains LvL 20 20% = 39% slower enemys >> 54% slow

Enfeeble LvL 5 20% =
23% less damage >> 29%
32% reduced accuracy >> 41%
25% reduced Crit multiplier >> 32%
35% reduced Crit chance >> 45%
Enfeeble LvL 20 20% on Blasphemy

30% less damage >> 42%
47% reduced accuracy >> 65%
25% reduced Crit multiplier >> 35%
35% reduced Crit chance >> 48%

We almost gain one additional -resistance Curse and huge survivability with the Curse effectiveness.
Bosses have a Curse effectiveness of -60%, with our effectivess it's only -20%/30%, resulting in a larger impact of the Curses.

Elemental Equilibrium:
It is a Keystone that gives the Enemy -50% Fire resistance if we apply Cold or Lightning damage. With Dual Totems we can´t deal damage, but we can with Totems, Traps and Mines. (Vaal) Lightning Trap and Ice Trap are good for this.
Elemental Equilibrium is not important for Packs, they die really fast without it.
It has its strength in high Resist Maps and against Bosses and Curse Immune Rares. It ALWAYS reduces the max Resist by 50% regardless of Boss curse effectiveness.

Elemental Overload
With this node we gain 40% more elemental damage after we crit. This does not work with traps, mines and similar, the player has to Crit himself to get the buff.
For this we use Orb of Lightning or Ice Spear.
The Orb has the advantage that he stays up for 10sec and every single lightningprocc has his seperate critchance.
IceSpear has the highest Critchance on a spell and is almost an instant procc of EO after casting it.

Difference between Life based Totem RF and Selfcast RF?

- You dont need Rise of the Phoenix: The Selfcaster has more max. Fireresistance, this is the only benefit.
The Totemer can get much more Armour, Block, Life and Resists on the Shield or can Dual Wield.

- Mapmods: Selfcaster can't do/have big issues with Bloodmagic, no Regeneration, -% Recovery, -max Resista and Vulnerability. The Totemer has only one weakness, which is Chain. Chain is doable, but dangerous against a few Mobs and Bosses and shouldn't be rolled on some maps.
I've read about people trying to tell me that its not an issue with flasks and so on, thats false. *

- Effective Life/Rf Dmg: While the Selfcaster can reach extremely high Life with Koams Heart etc., he needs to invest much into his gear to reach those numbers.
The Totemer gets the Totemlife with Gemlevel, cheap Jewels and Skillpoints.

- Area of Effect: You can place 2 Righteous Fire circles instead of just one.

- Combat is different:. The Selfcaster is in the middle of a pack, but he has normally more Life, Life gain on Hit and Fortify up + permanent Elemental Equilibrium.
The Totemer can hide behind corners and stay out of the fight, he receives less hits but has normally not a 100% Fortify uptime and no Life gain on Hit.

- Liferegeneration and Damagenodes: The Selfcaster needs to invest much into liferegen nodes just to use Righteous Fire and can skill fewer points into Damage.
The Totemer can use some as regular regen but doesnt HAVE to get regeneration.

- Clearspeed: Nowadays i would say the same. RFT can just place the Totem in the middle of a pack and next to fleeing mobs, selfcast needs to run/charge there.

- Bosses: Melee vs Ranged with the same Spell, any Questions?

- Rapid Decay. a more multiplier that works for the Totemer but doesn´t work for Selfcaster which is huge!

Overall i dont see why i should use Righteous Fire with my Character if i can use it with Totems.
Obviously, if you use Righteous Fire just as a Spelldamage buff for another Spell, its different. But thats a whole different build, i only comprehend two builds that use Righteous Fire as a damage Spell.

MyCharacter

The Skilltree @91

intuitive leap is in the scion socket to grab 10% aoe and 15% curse effectiveness

Chieftain or Berserker?

Both choices are good, but there are some outstanding things to mention. It is possible to use other classes like guardian, occultist, trickster or Hierophant, but more for hybrid life/es, CI or Low Life. This build is mainly about a life based char due to the 50k letter limit in this post and no experience playing it otherwise.

Chieftain:

The Chieftain has fire immune totems which means no degeneration damage from RF. While totem resist is not bad to have, or even recommended in high tier maps, the chieftain doesnt need to focus on it. He receives less damage while totems are up and has some liferegen in the classtree. Totems are overall tankier and 20% placementspeed aren´t bad either. This is a solid pick with a good mix of offensive and defensive stuff.

Berserker:

He has higher mobility with 37% permanent atk speed + 25% when hit recently. This is great for the clearspeed coupled with Shield Charge.
Berserker deals more dmg than the chieftain, but receives more dmg.
The warcry feat on the other side is amazing and shines over the chieftain. 25% life + ~800-1000 life every 2 seconds via enduring cry is amazing to substain life in long fights, while mapping or against traps. With decent gear its stronger than a bubbling life flask with no charges required. I really love this node for any build that cannot leech.

With the recent buff spelltotems have 40% resistance. With our 26% resis on the skilltree we just need 9% elemental resi to cap the totem resi for RF. This is easily done via one jewel or totem resi gem.

The rf does degen the totem, but its not an issue at all since mobs die so quickly and on bosses we only need one totem up at the time. With delayed totem placement like Rft > searing bond > trap > rft > orb... we can still guarantee a 100% rf uptime on bosses.
I wouldnt even say that the berserker is more fragile than the chief, because the mobility is better. Easier to dodge one shot mechanics.

The Berserker has better endgame potential, can heal way more hp and is faster.
For the Berserker nodes check the start of the skilltree section.

Overall i would always pick the Berserker over the Chieftain

Skilltree

You have soooo many options that can change on how you play, what gear you have in the stash, if you play Hardcore or Softcore.

This guide focuses on a pure Life Armour build.

Adjust the Skilltree if you wanna focus on more damage or more survivability.

Remember, those trees are just my suggestion and how i would do it. If you want more damage or Life earlier then skill it :)

You can use the Chieftain or Berserker for this, hell even other classes work.

Chieftain Skillorder: Arohongui > Tukohama > Tawhoa (defensive) or Ngamahu (offensive)
Berserker Skillorder: Crave the Slaughter > Aspect of Carnage > War Bringer > Rite of Ruin

The Start, 38 points

Rush Ancestral Bond, get totemic Mastery and the first AoE cluster. After this you can start using Righteous Fire Totems if you want (with purity of fire).
I switch the path later, change the path through Elementalist to the Scion because it´s more efficient. However, the Elementalist path help while leveling and we can use RF Totems WAY faster.

Lets get all the sweet nodes, 68 points

- Start with Holy Fire, a good dps increase.
- Go for the 30 Dexterity node, you will probably need it.
- Pick up Elemental overload if you have a spell to trigger it (ice spear or orb of lightning work well)
- Take the Lifenodes and Witch area nodes
- Pick up Explosive Impact and Whispers of Doom. Whispers of Doom can be picked up when we finished the cruel labyrinth as we don´t need purity of fire anymore. use a 2nd blasphemy curse then.
- pick up soveignity

Touch the Scion, gently! 89 points

- Skill the Jewels if you actually have useful jewels ready.
- We basically just pick up Constitution and Elemental Equilibrium

[urlpoeurl.com/SDm]Prepare to switch the Path, 91 pts[/url]

Close the Scion route now, this is to prepare a respecc of the Elementalist path
You can do this later if you need the resists on Elementalist, its just the point where we have all the big, effective nodes and can start for the lategame preperation.

After the switch, 85 pts again

Use the Respeccpoint from the Questrewards, those are only five points needed.

Cannot hold all those Lifenodes, 102 pts

At this point i want all the big lifenodes for a total of 180% life. Remember: You can always specc more life earlier on if you want ;)
This point of the build is very solid and we already have everything we need!

Lets spice it up, 116 pts

Other options are
- Endurance Charge
- Shamanistic fury for even more placementspeed (and some damage, 12% per point)
- Combat Stamina
- Elementalist

And here we have my awesome paint skills. This is an overview of the passive tree with some infos.
Remember, you can pick more life or damage everytime you desire.
This is an old picture, where nothing changed except Berserker is now recommended.
w1xt2h

Save it if you want and watch it fullscreen or scroll through it ;)

Gems

Since i use the whole reduced reservation from Soveignity so i dont have to use bloodmagic gems.If you dont have enough free mana to cast utility skills you have to use a blood magic or reduced mana gem.
B=Blue Gem, R=Red, G=Green

Chest:[BRBBG|R/B]Righteous Fire + Spelltotem + Increased Area of Effect / Concentrated Effect + Elemental Focus + Rapid Decay + Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance Support

Swap in Conc. effect for stationary bosses instead of aoe.
Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance Support gains 19% more elemental damage with 2.5. This makes the gem the new best 6th gem.

Helmet:
[BBBG] Blasphemy + Flammability + Enfeeble + Temporal Chains.

You need a minimum of 6% reduced reservation out of the Soveignity cluster and a +1 curse item to use 3 curses on Blasphemy.
If you don't have it, use Arctic Armour instead of one curse.
You can switch any curse for Elemental Weakness if you like.

Gloves/Weapon:
[RBG(R)]Searing Bond + Elemental Focus + Rapid Decay + Reduced Mana (if the manapool is too low)

If the manapool is high enough you can use it in a 3link. It wont be possible to 4l SB with the small free mana. If you crafted good Gloves via Essence of Delirium you should place SB there, if not use the weapon.

Boots/Gloves:

[BRRR] Vaal Lightning Trap + inc. Duration + Enduring Cry + Decoy Totem (or Bloodmagic)

VLT is great for bosses and strongboxes, enduring cry to keep up the charges and Decoy Totem can help on some harder melee bosses to keep em in RF range. Decoy can be replaced with any golem if you want.

Shield:

[RRG]Shield Charge + Fortify + Faster Attacks

Great movementskill, grants us fortify on demand. Leapslam is another option. A Lightning Warp Setup is good too.

Boots:

[BBGR] Orb of Storms + Vortex + Trap support + inc. Duration

Orb proccs Elemental Overload and has a high duration in Bossfights. One cast is often enough.
I changed Icetrap with Vortex + Trap for the chilled ground, EE procc and they have basically the same aoe. The ground effect last for over 5secs!
If you dont have enough mana for both, drop duration for bloodmagic or reduced mana

Quality Gems

I often read the question what are the best quality gems. All Quality values are for 20%:

Top quality:
Blasphemy - 10% curse effect
Elemental Weakness - 5% all resi reduction
Temporal Chains - 10% slower enemys
Enfeeble (if you choose to use it) - 10% reduced accuracy and critchance

Useless or bad quality:

Those will net us NO benefit

Righteous Fire - spelldmg
Cast when damage taken - inc dmg
Flammability - ignite duration
Orb of Lightning - Lightning dmg
Less duration - even lesser duration

okish quality, good to have but not a must have

Spelltotem - 20% totem placement speed
Rapid Decay - 10% inc dot dmg
Searing Bond - 20% totem life
Bloodmagic - 10% reduced mana cost
Elemental Focus - 10% inc ele dmg
inc burning damage - 10% inc burning dmg
Ice Trap - 10% AoE
Golems - 20% inc golem life & dmg
Enduring Cry - 30% AoE
Rallying Cry - 15% inc duration
inc duration - 10% inc duration
inc AoE - 10% inc AoE dmg
conc effect - 10% inc AoE dmg

Bandits

Normal: help Oak

Cruel: Kill all or help Kraityn. The 8% atk speed can be nice for the movement. I prefer the skillpoint.

Merc: Kill all or help Oak. I prefer the charge from Oak.

Gear

Chest: So many options!!!

Lightning Coil is the best in slot for physical defence.. Hard to get the colors we want and expensive.

Belly of the Beast gives nice Life and Life Recovery from flasks. We rely on flasks and liferegen and this piece helps both parts.

Carcass Jack for AoE, some Damage, Life and Resist. Its really good if you don´t care so much about Defence but more for map-clearspeed.

Soul Mantle for the biggest damage boost... 50% Totemlife! It gives a free lvl 14 Spelltotem but socket a Spelltotem Gem in the chest for a higher level Gem!

As mentioned from the reddit user Kazanian its a very good and clever option to use the Self-Flaggelation Jewel for 10-20% increased damage per curse on you.
The drawback can also be purged with a warding Flask which removes Curses.

Tabula Rasa is possible, but not worth it, the 6th link is not that important and a 5 link is easy to get.

Rare Armour/Hybrid chest. Its relatively cheap to get a white 6link chest with the Celestial Justicar Card.
Aim for good Life and Armour, resists after that.
Before you craft anything on it roll -32% reduced attributes, this helps coloring the chestpiece because gemcolors rely on the attribute requirement. If you got the desired colors scour it and craft like you want wirh chaos orb spam or alteration/regal/mastercraft.
Helmet:

Rare Helmet with Armour/Life/Resist/Rarity

Doedres Scorn gives 10-20% increased elemental Damage per Curse +20% elemental Damage, best in slot for dps ... up to 80% increased elemental Damage on a perfect one with 3 Curses.
Heretic's Veil Can be worth the helmslot. It saves 3 skillpoints on the tree which can be used somewhere else. The extra free socket can be used for a utility skill like a warcry.
Shield:

Rare shield with high Armour, Life and Resists. Get as much as you can.

Trolltimber Spire for 15% Totem AoE, pretty nice.

Dual wield works too, Dual Doryani, Doryani + Daressos and so on. Lower defence, but higher offence.

Boots:

Rare Boots with 30% Movementspeed, Life and Resistance. After that look out for Armour.

Windscream for a 3rd Curse. some elemental Damage, Resists, but no Life and only 10% Movementspeed.

Gloves:

Rare Gloves with Life, Resists and Armour

Ring:

Doedres Damning for +1 Curse. It lacks Life and big Resists. You can also get +1 Curse via corruption or Windscream Boots.

Rare Ring with Life, Resists and +Fire dmg%, Rarity, Dexterity.
There is some great potential in essence crafted rings on the new base (ele dmg%) with firedmg%

Pyre You dont need it. 25-35% Burning Dmg and some Resist are ok for leveling, but there are way better Rares. If you compare it with Doedres Scorn or Doryanis Catalyst its not worth it.

Amulet:
Get your Dexterity here. You can easily get a 60+ dex Amulet with Life. Everything on top is great.

+1 Curse corruption is always awesome but expensive and a really rare corruption (~0.63%).

Rare Amulet with with Life, Resists, Dexterity, Firedmg%

Ngamahu Tiki is aviable through a Prophecy quest and grants decent life, fireresist and great fire dmg.
The downside is the bad implicit and the lack of dex in that slot. If you can get enough dex on other itemslots and a good corruption like +curse, block or max resist this is a really good choice.

Belt:

Rare Belt with Life, Resists, Armour, Flaskstuff.
Doryanis Invitation (Fire) gives some Firedmg, Armour and Resists. Like the Pyre Ring, i recommend a high Life/Resist/Armour rare Belt.

Weapon:

Doryanis Catalyst is the best in slot, huge damage boost, can be even used Dual Wield.

Daressos Passion is the 2nd best dmg weapon. 60-80% increased dmg is great. Totem kills dont give use frenzy charges.
Dropped a bit out due to the sceptre implicit dmg buff and whirling blades nerf.

Lavianga's Wisdom for 10% aoe and some AoE Damage, very cheap and nice to start with, i still used it with lvl 79.

Rare Scepter with +1 Gems and +2 Fire Gems for Searing Bond.
Remember, only Elemental% and Firedmg% increase our Dps. Cast speed is not wrong for a faster initial cast of Righteous Fire, but also not necassary.

Searing Touch has worse offensive stats as Doryanis Catalyst, cant use a Shield but has +2 Gems for Searing Bond. For pure offense Dual Wielding Dorys is stronger. I dont recommend this item at all.

Advancing Fortress if you wanna be really tanky this is your choice for extra life and block. The fortify on it is nice too if you wanna use whirling blades with it.

I recommend Lavianga's Wisdom or Daressos Passion into Doryanis Catalyst with a Shield.

There are some other Unique Weapon choices

Flasks
Since i play the Berserker with shield charge, i only use one fast recovery Lifeflask and no silver/quicksilver flask. This allows me to use four defensive utility flasks like stibnite, jade, granite and basalt flasks.
I swap in a manaflask for no regen maps and resist flasks if i encounter a boss with high elemental damage.

In general we want Bleed, Freeze and Curse removal on our flasks. On top %armour and %evasion are sweet, too. Shock removal is really handy in some maps, top.

Flask Duration and reduced Charges used are prefered, but i would also stick with faster charge recovery or maximum charges if i am short on alteration orbs.

Those Unique Flasks are never wrong if you can afford them.

Rumis Concoction

Some additional Block/Spellblock is never wrong and its on a granite base too. Recommended later on.

Taste of Hate is strong on every character, but the offensive benefit is not there. Too expensive to be worthwile.

Dying Sun has 30% aoe on a ruby flask, sweet for the clearspeed, not that useful on bosses.

Witchfire brew is interesting, its a nice dmg boost on its own, a stibnite base and lets you use a 4th curse (with an additional +curse item) or drop one blasphemy if you really want.

Jewels

Spire of Stone is a good jewel for this build. It gives a good chunk of Totem Life and Stun Immunity for Totems. With this the Totems cant be interrupted by stuns while casting Righteous Fire.

Fill the rest with rare Jewels, those stats are important:

- Totem Life!!!
- Player life
- Fire Damage
- Totem Damage
- Damage over Time

optional:

- Area Damage (only increases Righteous Fire, not Searing Bond)
- Player Resist
- Rarity
- Dexterity

Intuitive Leap

Placed into the Scion Jewelsocket you can get Curse Effect Nodes and AoE nodes without taking wasted Mana or Cursecastspeed. Not required, but a good option in the Lategame.
Hidden Potential has potential for this build. Requires good rares/jewels to fix resist problems if you run 3-4 magic items.

Leveling

If you have Leveling gear or personal preferences use it and level like you want. I wont go too much into detail. This is how i will level on day one in Ascendancy as a Chieftain:

Act 1

Go into town, pick up groundslam or Cleave, pick the weapons that deal the most damage and go for Brutus. Firetrap is also a good choice in addition to that.
After Brutus take the leap slam reward (helps at cliffes/river) and 1x Spelltotem gem.
Start picking up Sceptres on your way.
Progress until you enter Marveils Liar, go to town and buy 2x Firestorm and 1x Searing Bond from the vendor.
If you have problems with the intelligence requirement use a Lapis Amulet.
Use a Firestorm Totem and Searing Bond, selfcast Firestorm in addition to it.
Kill Marveil, welcome to Act 2

Act 2

Look out for 3 linked Quartz Sceptres all the time until you got 2, check the vendor if youre in town. If you got one, use a transmute on it, use the +1 firegem recipe. You will use one of those a LOOOONG time, the 2nd is not so important. we use this until act3 for firestorm and if we transition into RF Totems we use it for Searing Bond.
[Magic Sceptre + 1 orb of Alteration + 1 ruby ring]
Link your Firestorm and/or Searing bond in it.
Take the old field path first, go to the chamber of sins.
After Sins, pick up Herald of Ice and Thunder + Righteous Fire, use both heralds.
Now we go through the Riverways.
Do the Weaver Chamber, kill alira and the way forward quest
you could pick up Iron Will after that, but its not necassary.
Kill Kraityn now, help Oak afterwards
Kill Vaal

Act 3

after the first quest buy flammability and purity of fire from Clarissa
just progress until you did the Fixture of Fate quest.
Pick up Blasphemy (link with flammabilty) and burning damage (2x).
You can eiter go for dual Firestorm totems until you can use a increased aoe gem in act 4 OR start using RF totems with lvl 32.
If you decide for RF just activate Purity of Fire and Flammability. The aoe will be small in the beginning, the damage is already good. Its your choice when you wanna transition into RF Totems, but with lvl 32 its already possible.

Act 4
Get your Golem and the increased AoE gem, those are important.

Run Blasphemy+Flammability and Purity of Fire until you finish the Labyrinth in cruel for fire immune totems.
Purity of Fire + Purity of Elements is a good option too, if you struggle with resistances. Selfcurse Flammability when needed.

You can buy the Unique Weapon Lavianga's Wisdom or Daressos Passion on poe.trade, Wideswing (2h axe) is also a good weapon for the free lvl 20 increase aoe gem.
Aurumvorax is a great leveling Weapon too, it doesnt give us damage but 40-60 all resists which helps A LOT. Damage on the weapon slot is not so important until we reach mid-tier maps.

Links you want on your gear asap:

Righteous Fire + Spelltotem + inc AoE + Elemental Focus

Blasphemy + Flammability

Searing Bond 4link or in a +1 scepter (if you have no leveling weapon)

If you have more check the gem section ;)

Gems we dont get as questreward/vendor:
Rapid Decay
Elemental Weakness
Temporal Chains
Elemental Focus
Vaal Lightning Trap

Trade those gems with friends or buy them on Poe.Trade or in the tradechat.

Cruel

Just progress, upgrade your gear from time to time, get at least one 4link for RF Totems.

nothing special here. Progress the Skilltrees in the Skilltreesection.

Get your Elemental resists up, those should reach 75% as soon as possible. There is a -20% resist penality in cruel.

A granite or basalt flask helps a lot for the defence.

You can run the Labyrinth at the end of Cruel.

Merciless until maps

Take care of your resists, you get a -40% penality here, a total of -60% resists.
If you got Tukohama now you can drop Purity of Fire for another Blasphemy Curse.
Just progress.
After opening the way to the general in act 3 you could. already start maps if you want. I recommend killing Piety first for 2 skillpoints and progress to act 4.
You can farm Dried Lakes for level and drops and finish the mines quest.
You dont need to kill Koam, Daresso and Malachai on Merciless and the reward is a joke.

Maps
Don't roll Chain on your maps, its dangerous on Totem/Minion builds, especially on some bosses with projectile attacks and quill beasts.

You should already have 75% elemental resists.

Get more life and armour on your gear. The best source for Armour is the shield.
The chestpiece depends on what you choose.

Now its time for a 5link if you dont have one, buy a white/blue/rare 5link and craft it OR buy the unique you desire and get a 5l on this one.

Its really important to craft good flasks, one instant, bubbling or panicked flask and bleed removal is important.
get 5 20% flasks (flask section) with bleed, freeze and curse removal.

Get a well rolled doedres scorn with 17%+ eledmg per curse when your resists allow it.
30% movementspeed help a lot on boots, get it.
A good Dexterity Amulet is nice, you vould drop the +30 dex node on the tree. Dex on other items is possible too, its just the easiest slot for it.

You already should feel strong with capped resists, a good chunk of armour and life on the gear.

The next thing to do is overcapping your resists if you wanna safely run elemental weakness maps.
The curse on the map reduces your resi by 34%, this requires 169% resist while staying in your hideout.
Monster curses redurce the resists by 40%, can use a warding flask against it or get 175 resists.

If you overcapped the resi get some chaos resist, 20%-40% are fine on the gear.
Get even more armour.

At this point just look at your gear and check which item is the worst and upgrade it if you want.
Now it can get really expensive to get really good rare items, but you should already clear most of the content without problems ;)

Atziri

Due to limited space in this post (yeah, should have made a placeholder post) i have posted it in another thread:
Right here in the second post.

Damage Spreadsheet

I´ve made a Damage Spreadsheet for Righteous Fire and Searing Bond.
This got improved by elitedesolator, big credits to him!
You can open this, download it and edit every value that is on your tree or gear.
This especially helps in the higher level if you wanna compare the power of jewels or new skillnodes.
If there is something to improve let me know it!
First page is the calculator
2nd page is a list of used gems and their progression with levels (so you don´t need to check the wiki every time)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13hQDLHRiY4SbeZBFFRQkipN4Z40CNZ2WUH6w8t8JMKA/edit?usp=sharing

I cannot guarantee that every calculation is correct, i think that i know pretty well how PoE math works, but if someone else knows it better and finds something wrong... tell me and i can improve it ;)
Overall it should be pretty accurate what dps you can expect and what you do need most if you wanna improve you dps.

For excample if you have two jewels with 8% totem life + 16 % fire damage vs 12% totem life + 12% area damage.
Throw it in and see the benefits of both with you specific gear and skilltree!

The calculations for 0 Resist targets should be accurate, the part with resists is a bit sketchy, especially with EE in the mix. I don´t have the time and motivation to optimize it atm because its basically totally unnecassary.
Just keep in mind:
Some resists > some lower damage
extreme resists > extreme lower damage

Here is the not fully functional version with resists, i need to work on it if i have more time. Better use the other one :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PknmgrT8RFUeRM4Ys6GiaSQTK55zH_MyrdMOjDi4dSg/edit?usp=sharing

Enchantments

Gloves

The on Hit Enchantments only work if you use Orb of Lightning or a movementskill. You need to Hit yourself afaik. It can help a bit getting those Elemental Overload buff in addition to OoL.

On kill effects wont work with our Totems, ignore it.

The when hit and when crit seem. to be the most useful, i would go for those.
Especially xx of Spite seems nice with chilled ground projectiles when hit.

Boots

We have 5 decent boot enchants for this build, none of those is 'the best', pick what you get or like the most.

Critchance if you havent crit recently gives use critchance for OoL which gives us a more reliable EO procs.

Liferegen when hit recently is sweet. Doesnt proc on Dots.

movementspeed when not hit recently. Sure, good for backtracking and kiting

Spelldodge when hit with spelldmg recently. Not bad, not great.

Dodge when critted recently is not bad either.

Helmet

Many options here, hard to get what you want. I would not reroll a good one, better try again on another helmet until i get a better enchant (and sell the old).

If i could choose i would pick the enchantments in this order:

Righteous Fire AoE, everything i want is even more AoE. However its reported that this enchant is probably bugged on totems. Couldnt test it myself.

Curse effectiveness for Temporal Chains or Enfeeble (if you use it). Flammability and Ele weakness would be great too, but i would prefer stronger defensive curses.

Golem Buff effect (Stone, Chaos or Fire). I would use a golem depending on the enchant.

Those are the best in my opinion, other good enchantments are:

- RF damage
- searing Bond damage and placement speed
- immortal call duration or no charge consuming if its used.
- rallying cry effect/duration if you use it
- atk or castspeed for a movement skill if you use one (Shield charge, whirling blades, leap slam, flame dash)

Uber Lab tips

The build is nit the fastest/best uber lab runner out there, but it also has no big trouble in it.
I recommend dropping VLT + cwdt + immortal call + duration entirely. Instead use Shield charge + Blood Magic + Faster attacks + Fortify. This allows easier maneuvering through traps and most importantly keep up fortify on izaro.
Swap out the Golem for decoy totem, it helps a lot. You can also use it in another socket, like dropping one support of it.
Overall traps are not the problem if you play relatively safe.
Izaro is not that hard either if you know what youre doing.
I recommend placing the decoy totem, searing bond and rf totem in a triangle around him, keep endurance charges up, shield charge to avoid his abilitys and to keep up fortify, cast OoS once or twice, throw traps inbetween. A lot of stuff to to, but manageable.
Most important is that you keep the totems spread (so he cant kill em all with one ability) but still close together. You should also stay close to him. This makes it unlikely that he leaps around, your totems deal effectively more damage and its easier to avoid his abilitys.
Use a stibnite flask close to him the whole fight, have a granite + basalt flask as a backup if you cannot evade his attacks or drop low.

as a sidenote, if you run into those cursepillars (vuln, ele weakness, temp chains) and want them all active... izaro gains immunity to those curses. In that case use flammability + enfeeble + arctic armour for the run.

With a decent lifepool, some armour, 12% phys reduction from endurance charges, - 10% less dmg via decoy totems taunt, stibnite flask, 1-2 defensive curses and so on its really not that hard.

Here is a run of my Berserker version with Charges and Portals, was my first run of the day and it took me a bit time to navigate through the lab ;)

Magicfinding

I do not recommend ANY pure magicfinder at all, rf, flametotem, caustic arrow and whatever. I explain why:

The mainincome of mf builds are alteration shards (vendoring rares) and chaos recipe. Chaos recipes are easily done in the essence league, use a white ring/amu, use a low lvl essence, now you got a rare item for the recipe.
Its not like mfer find shavronnes wrappings on a regular basis.
Pure mfer lack defence and often offence (thats why skills are used which dont require offensive gear) due to the nature of unique mf items.

It is however not a bad idea to use some rarity on the gear.
- Ventors gamble can be pretty solid with above average rolls, using one has almost no sacrifice. High quantity is better than rarity here.
- most rare items should have their liferoll, resists, stats or movementspeed (boots), but one part of IIR shares the slot with armour/evasion/es rolls. Getting one rarity roll on some rare items can push you to reasonable iir values.
- a rarity gem in a 6l comes with little sacrifice, since the 6th gem is not THAT great anyway.

This way we still have good defence and offence and can run anything like we already do.

If you still wanna go full yolo mf googlecheck some dedicated mf builds for the mf gear like sadimas touch, andvarius, goldwyrm and so on.

- get diamond skin and elementalist for the resists on the skilltree
- Use purity of whatever resist you need, drop one blasphemy curse. In addition drop your +1 curse item
- use the rarity gem
- Totem life + playerresist jewels are recommended
- chieftain over bererker, since its way to hard to get the resists otherwise

Again, in my opinion its not worth running a mfer at all, expect in big partys. For partys the build dont work as a mfer since we cannot use culling strike. You could however slap in a flametotem with culling strike instead, its not like a partymfer is in a party to deal damage.
However partymfer that arent the Slayer class are bullshit, since many classes/builds have some sort of culling strike which compete with the mfers cull. Slayer have the exclusive 20% culling strike.

FAQ - Read before asking questions plz

There are no wrong questions in general, but there are many questions already answered IF you read the guide. It is very frustrating to answer those every single day.
This time i have another section with the most frequently asked questions.

How can I procc Elemental Overload

I use Orb of Lightning for this.

We need to selfcast something to procc Elemental Overload, Totems or Traps won't do that
OoS has a high triggerrate and every trigger can potentially crit, which grants the Elemental Overload buff.

How can I procc Elemental Equilibrium?

I use VortexTrap and Vaal Lightning Trap for this.

We need to deal Lightning or Cold damage to get a beneficial EE procc. We cant deal damage ourself and the degeneration effects of Righteous Fire and Searing Bond wont procc EE.

Does Spelldamage work?

Spelldamage does NOT increase the degeneration damage of Righteous Fire or Searing Bond, not from the skilltree, gems or gear.

How do you run 3 curses with blasphemy?

I use 14% reduced reservation costs on the Skilltree (Soveignity cluster, located ovee Ancestral Bonds). Only 6% is required to use those. More free mana lets us cast skills without the need of Bloodmagic gems.

Check my gear, what do i need to upgrade?

If you got the best in slot unique items get better rares. See Gear section for what we desire.
Get the dexrequirements via gear, cap resists, get life everywhere possible.
After that point try to overcap resists (for elemental weakness maps or monster curses), get some chaos resists, more defence (upgrading your 100 armour gloves to 600 armour gloves etc.) and higher life rolls.
Enchant the gear and/or try some essence crafting.

Why don't you pick 'insert random ascendancy class her'?

Chieftain and Berserker are the most solid pick in terms of offensive and defensive potential. This is true for life based RFT.
Some Witch/Templar/Shadow classes can work with a low life/hybrid/CI version, but are more expensive and require a different playstyle.
If you like another class/styles more, try it.

What gems are good with quality?

See gem section, there is a list at the end.

Why don´t you use Fire Penetration?

Penetration gems/skillnodes only work on hits, not damage over time effects

Also Check out my other Builds and Guides

Update 12.10.16

- Added Gemcolors in the gem section, i also recommend a blue socket instead of red as a 6link in the RF Totem links
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1623473

The Forum Thread with my Guides and Builds
Last edited by Milkyslice on Dec 13, 2016 11:19:27 PM
Last bumped on Jan 7, 2017 8:05:51 AM
I am also trying a RF totem build, with triple curses.

One tip: Lavianga's Wisdom is a REEEEALLY cheap weapon that is simply astonishing to level using RF totems. Currently I am dual wielding them and one totem takes like 50% of my screen. Also, Im using the Doedres Scorn and Pyre which I consider BiS for this build (at least until super end game maps, where defenses are prioritized).

yeah, i wrote it in the guide too.

I use laviangas wisdom and would use doedres helmet, but i cant use it (need the resists).

Pyre is not worth it, better get life+ %firedmg. Its a good dps item, but only a minor dmg increase.

I am loosely following your guide with a scion, thx for the work you have done to make this page :)
Dkodr's Standard Assassination Service Stream - /view-thread/1083796
Dkodr's Crit/Block Gladiator: /view-thread/1612701
Dkodr's PermaStun Guide: /view-thread/1350901
Thank you, i enjoyed it :)

Great guide man!
You mention beeing able to do bm maps with just 2 gem swaps.
What exactly do you swap?
I'm going to give this build a try, this is the tree I came up with.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUATwRDyFugp1V8Dmjy8B-iAASzwGY8BZ_f73yaO4Kb7DiFe2ZUlG9yD1nzZp4aOKyq-tJY5ZBVcqkWb8MTJy_3MsT242paK-oYxq7463asPC277fPdFHHPfoNfg8yRzmhl2XwOPLc-ggcsp_4KeGnyRdi99q464TWSplf-j03jHRQSaRcccXmPRpuhGGo5UlgHpwidrgN1kStYd18EEMwrtoxG-JM6UryfGJH8SxRNr6cczitQDc3-VJ8-LdL53YuM

Its only 96 points so it can still drop down to EE if need be. I also hadn't grabbed Sovereignty yet but I was thinking with that I could probably run Determination and Grace and still have mana for casting CoH-LB and searing bond. Also wasn't sure if I needed ancestral bond or if I wanted to try and EE with casting lightning ball.

Nice to be able to check your progress while I'm still in the process of getting my guy rolling.

Best of luck, stay safe.
Trying to stay alive in Hardcore.
"
Rapid Decay wont increase the damage of RF.

Tested this,
spell totem + RF + Rapid Decay dealt more damage than spell totem + RF without Rapid Decay...
in pvp...

"
two RF totems dont deal double damage, only one counts.

Tested this in pvp as well,
true.

Test was done against a lvl 28 pvp only shadow with all passives and ES removed...
"
AoACaD wrote:
"
Rapid Decay wont increase the damage of RF.

Tested this,
spell totem + RF + Rapid Decay dealt more damage than spell totem + RF without Rapid Decay...
in pvp...

"
two RF totems dont deal double damage, only one counts.

Tested this in pvp as well,
true.

Test was done against a lvl 28 pvp only shadow with all passives and ES removed...

i am 99% sure that rf totem wont have a RD tag if linked, but i will test it later too. I have no problems if youre right ;P

"
Completed 24 Challenges360 wrote:
Great guide man!
You mention beeing able to do bm maps with just 2 gem swaps.
What exactly do you swap?

I have Arctic Armour + Blasphemy + Flammability + EleWeakness linked for 95% reservation. In a BM map i want 0%, so i have 2 options with these gemcolors (gbbb)

swap AA with Ethereal Knives or a different Green spellgem, swap blasphemy with curse on hit. Use this to curse the enemys.

swap blasphemy with faster casting, turn off AA and selfcurse.

"
Completed 9 Challengesgbjfrtswym wrote:

Its only 96 points so it can still drop down to EE if need be. I also hadn't grabbed Sovereignty yet but I was thinking with that I could probably run Determination and Grace and still have mana for casting CoH-LB and searing bond. Also wasn't sure if I needed ancestral bond or if I wanted to try and EE with casting lightning ball.

Ok you can do it like this, but i can tell you some things i learned while playing this char:

- you want 2 rf totems. it basically doubles your aoe.
- you want 2 rf totems... for bosses. if your totem runs out or gets destroyed you have a downtime with no dps (placement + activation), with dualtotem you have no downtime. Ok, there are aoes that can destroy both totems if they are placed badly etcetc
- EE is overkill for mobs. I just dont use it on regular mobs, it takes more time to apply it than killing the mobpack.
EE is great for curse immune targets, bosses and beefy rares, but not required on regular normal/magic/rare monster.

The mobs die in < 1sec on a regular basis, if i use a ball lightning with no castspeed it takes me almost 2 secs to clear a pack... every time... and they have more time to attack you.

again: EE shines on bosses and curse immune guys, i use my lightning/vaal lightning trap on every boss and 0-2 times against trashmobs, thats how often i need or want EE.

- i understand that you dont wanna run blasphemy for defensive auras, thats fine. i only use it out of lazyness :P Ball lightning coh is fine, but i highly recommend dual totems and a (vaal) lightning trap for EE

- tree is fine, would drop the 10% totemdmg @asc. bonds, not worth it, there are enough 12%+ nodes aviable. in my build the templar resist/eledmg node will drop too when my resists are overcapped, the dmg is ineffective too :P

Last edited by Milkyslice on Dec 15, 2015 6:51:07 AM
The searing touch staff would appear to be a really synergistic fit with the RF totem

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info