[2.4 Trickster] Grocery's Caustic Arrow Trickster Shadow! HC Viable!

"
Rhanoss wrote:
"
Grocery wrote:

Honestly, you could level CA but it will be slower than a flame totem/searing option. They did buff bows so really any standard bow skill should do. I will likely level as Shrapnel/Tornado Shot or CA.

Leveling trees will be added once we get the passive tree posted on the real poe site!

Okay that sounds good, thanks for your quick answer btw! :)

About bow/totem leveling. The conflict I have is that we'll mostly pick up increased chaos damage & damage over time nodes and only very few projectile damage nodes, so i'm just worried i'll fall behind with poorly optimized nodes for leveling.

That's why you level CA in an off weapon. +1 or +2 bow found while leveling usually makes me switch to CA/Fire Trap. Old School closed beta combo :)
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Grocery wrote:
"
Rhanoss wrote:
"
Grocery wrote:

Honestly, you could level CA but it will be slower than a flame totem/searing option. They did buff bows so really any standard bow skill should do. I will likely level as Shrapnel/Tornado Shot or CA.

Leveling trees will be added once we get the passive tree posted on the real poe site!

Okay that sounds good, thanks for your quick answer btw! :)

About bow/totem leveling. The conflict I have is that we'll mostly pick up increased chaos damage & damage over time nodes and only very few projectile damage nodes, so i'm just worried i'll fall behind with poorly optimized nodes for leveling.

That's why you level CA in an off weapon. +1 or +2 bow found while leveling usually makes me switch to CA/Fire Trap. Old School closed beta combo :)

Slightly offtopic, but had you considered getting Weave the Arcane/surrounding mana nodes and Mind over Matter? or would that sacrifice too much damage?
Mind over matter is not worth the points in this case. If you want uber tanky, I'd take a look atmy duelist variant with fortify and extra move speed!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Hi,

personally i prefer this slightly different route.

http://exiletools.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAF4DHgUtBbUHHgguDPINjQ5IES8RlhNtFAkUdRa_GNsZjhqNH0Ei6iP2JogmlSpbKwouIy5TMHwyATY9N9Q8tj7PQzFHfkkTSVFKfUyDTP9Nkk4qUUdS7FVLWhpbJluvXEBd8mHiYqxlTWqMbIxw1HSBdO11nnXLdoJ67311f_uCXod2h8uJ4I19jX6Nv4_6kx-TmZUumyadqqLZo4qly6ebsNiyGbTFtNG1SLcwt7a7nr02vea-p8LswzPDOsgMyBTLvc8Vz3rTb9N-1CPXxNo72sHjn-ZY5oHo1upi62PtP-2D7g7vevDV9W_5pPzF_ro=

+ Phase acrobatics

you lose ~20%max life but gain ~75% eva and ~50% chaos damage

It also has a very good synergy with shade form and ghost dance ascendency

For leveling i can recommend an oldschool EK build. I did this in Talisman league and it lacks a bit of single target dps (still okay though), but is very good for clearing grindy maps. You should level you CA gems in second weapon slots and switch to CA only after you get a 5link +2 bow. (before doing maps ~lvl 65 - 70)

http://exiletools.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAx4FLQW1Bx4NjQ5IES8RlhXtFr8fQSP2JJ0mlSoLKwowfDIBNj1DMUd-SVFKfUz_TZJOKlFHVL1VS1uvXEBd8mHiYlpirGSdZU1qjGyMcFJ07XXLeu99dYRvh3aJ04w2jX2Nfo2_j_qVLpaLmyadqqLZo4qw2LIZtMW1SLe2u-O9Nr6nwuzEosgUy73N6s96037UQtW52sHjn-aB6NbqYutj6_XuDu968NXyHfVv_MX-ug==

respec should be max 17 points

Ek + added Fire + faster proj. + spell echo
Hatred + Clarity Aura
Beartrap
Spell Totem + Summon Skeletons + faster casting (good old Brotem for tougher bosses)

Have fun

Last edited by Socksdryer on Mar 3, 2016, 2:38:31 AM
"
Socksdryer wrote:
Hi,

http://exiletools.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAF4DHgUtBbUHHgguDPINjQ5IES8RlhNtFAkUdRa_GNsZjhqNH0Ei6iP2JogmlSpbKwouIy5TMHwyATY9N9Q8tj7PQzFHfkkTSVFKfUyDTP9Nkk4qUUdS7FVLWhpbJluvXEBd8mHiYqxlTWqMbIxw1HSBdO11nnXLdoJ67311f_uCXod2h8uJ4I19jX6Nv4_6kx-TmZUumyadqqLZo4qly6ebsNiyGbTFtNG1SLcwt7a7nr02vea-p8LswzPDOsgMyBTLvc8Vz3rTb9N-1CPXxNo72sHjn-ZY5oHo1upi62PtP-2D7g7vevDV9W_5pPzF_ro=

+ Phase acrobatics

For leveling i can recommend an oldschool EK build. I did this in Talisman league and it lacks a bit of single target dps (still okay though), but is very good for clearing grindy maps. You should level you CA gems in second weapon slots and switch to CA only after you get a 5link +2 bow. (before doing maps ~lvl 65 - 70)

http://exiletools.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAx4FLQW1Bx4NjQ5IES8RlhXtFr8fQSP2JJ0mlSoLKwowfDIBNj1DMUd-SVFKfUz_TZJOKlFHVL1VS1uvXEBd8mHiYlpirGSdZU1qjGyMcFJ07XXLeu99dYRvh3aJ04w2jX2Nfo2_j_qVLpaLmyadqqLZo4qw2LIZtMW1SLe2u-O9Nr6nwuzEosgUy73N6s96037UQtW52sHjn-aB6NbqYutj6_XuDu968NXyHfVv_MX-ug==

Hatred + Clarity Aura
Beartrap
Spell Totem + Summon Skeletons + faster casting (good old Brotem for tougher bosses)

Have fun

That is entirely possible, Shadow has options. I prefer more life for Caustic Arrow personally but both are viable options and the trade off is likely worth it in many scenarios.

Method and Madness is kind of inefficient, so I don't use it all the time. You would have to pick up some strength passives on the tree or on gear most likely since you are not going to Scion life rectangle.

You also didn't take phase acro in your link like you stated, just FYI!

I'll likely add a tree similiar to yours as an option!

youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Mar 3, 2016, 9:38:43 AM
I didnt take Phase-Acro because i am missing the 6 skillpoints for the ascendency class.

This option comes naturally when you level with EK because you will likely take revenge of the hunted + the strength node. I can only recommend it, when i respecced in talisman at ~65 with a +2 5link bow and a drillneck i felt CA was even weaker then EK. CA got only substantially better at lvl ~75 with a lvl 21 CA.

"
Grocery wrote:
"
Socksdryer wrote:
Hi,

+ Phase acrobatics

Hatred + Clarity Aura
Beartrap

Have fun

That is entirely possible, Shadow has options. I prefer more life for Caustic Arrow personally but both are viable options and the trade off is likely worth it in many scenarios.

Method and Madness is kind of inefficient, so I don't use it all the time. You would have to pick up some strength passives on the tree or on gear most likely since you are not going to Scion life rectangle.

You also didn't take phase acro in your link like you stated, just FYI!

I'll likely add a tree similiar to yours as an option!

Last edited by Socksdryer on Mar 3, 2016, 9:55:11 AM
For leveling it is great, I don't disagree. I'll do the same if I need the damage. CA can be a bit slow, so I see where you are coming from. End game I would drop it personally.

CA will be slower than EK. EK is not as safe due to reflect, distance of projectiles, having to remain close to mobs, and not doing DoT so you have to keep recasting. EK should do more damage given it is riskier.

Also, probably best to save Phase Acro for last, at least I would. We don't and should not take too much damage with CA, especially from spells! Shoot and move!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Mar 3, 2016, 10:31:54 AM
thanks for the guide
RAAAAAAAA!

(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ǝ︵ o︵ d

I'm out.
"
Orzi wrote:
thanks for the guide

Not a problem! Hope you enjoy the new patch!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Pierce confirmed to have a 29% more damage modifier on it at level 20. Now is used in place of slower proj!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info