[2.4 Trickster] Grocery's Caustic Arrow Trickster Shadow! HC Viable!

Looks pretty solid. I'm planning on doing a Duelist version of this in the Perandus challenge league. (permanent fortify :D)
"
nortx wrote:
hello guys!
caustic arrow is insane!!
this is my scion caustic arrow doing deathless uber trio in my first try.
https://youtu.be/S8R01LaJosk

What happened with Vaals and Atziri ?=]
Do you guys have thoughts on how to level this until you can fully function as CA?
I realized with the Rigwald's quill unique quiver, it is pretty good for CA build, it gives really good AOE with projectile fork. made my mapping way faster than i used to be..

i regretted 3 points out from the tree from Pierce and invested into somewhere else,
with the projectile dmg it provide, it actually gives slightly better DOT compare with drillneck.
"
aMIgolala wrote:
I realized with the Rigwald's quill unique quiver, it is pretty good for CA build, it gives really good AOE with projectile fork. made my mapping way faster than i used to be..

i regretted 3 points out from the tree from Pierce and invested into somewhere else,
with the projectile dmg it provide, it actually gives slightly better DOT compare with drillneck.

Yea Rigwald's is insane but it looks like it will be near impossible to get in the new leagues.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
I will update this guide in 2.2, assuming Shadow remains reasonably close to Scion/Ranger.

My 2.2 Scion (more dps minded, 100% pierce, extra arrow, 210%+ life) build is here

My 2.2 Duelist (more defensive minded, 100% pierce, perma fortify, 210%+ life) build is here
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Mar 1, 2016, 7:12:19 PM
So I found that Trickster should be quite decent in 2.2 for Caustic. As such, I posted a tree in the main post to an exile tools tree and my preliminary thoughts. Looks like Ranger, Duelist, Scion and Shadow can all do CA very well still!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Grocery wrote:
So I found that Trickster should be quite decent in 2.2 for Caustic. As such, I posted a tree in the main post to an exile tools tree and my preliminary thoughts. Looks like Ranger, Duelist, Scion and Shadow can all do CA very well still!

I agree with you!

Think trickster will do it for me as i play hardcore and having that extra regen, evasion, mov speed and such will make me feel safer. Deadeye would just be adding to my damage but nothing towards my survivability.

Anyways, my only worry is how I'm going to level this until i can safely play CA.

Unfortunately I'm still kinda clueless about that... :(

Could you maybe share your thoughts on leveling, which nodes to go first as leveling up, and which build to use until fully switching to CA ?

thanks! :)
Last edited by Rhanoss on Mar 2, 2016, 4:10:29 PM
"
Rhanoss wrote:
"
Grocery wrote:

I agree with you!

Think trickster will do it for me as i play hardcore and having that extra regen, evasion, mov speed and such will make me feel safer. Deadeye would just be adding to my damage but nothing towards my survivability.

Anyways, my only worry is how I'm going to level this until i can safely play CA.

Unfortunately I'm still kinda clueless about that... :(

Could you maybe share your thoughts on leveling, which nodes to go first as leveling up, and which build to use until fully switching to CA ?

thanks! :)

Honestly, you could level CA but it will be slower than a flame totem/searing option. They did buff bows so really any standard bow skill should do. I will likely level as Shrapnel/Tornado Shot or CA.

Leveling trees will be added once we get the passive tree posted on the real poe site!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Grocery wrote:

Honestly, you could level CA but it will be slower than a flame totem/searing option. They did buff bows so really any standard bow skill should do. I will likely level as Shrapnel/Tornado Shot or CA.

Leveling trees will be added once we get the passive tree posted on the real poe site!

Okay that sounds good, thanks for your quick answer btw! :)

About bow/totem leveling. The conflict I have is that we'll mostly pick up increased chaos damage & damage over time nodes and only very few projectile damage nodes, so i'm just worried i'll fall behind with poorly optimized nodes for leveling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info