I realized this game is even worse than Diablo 3

"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
"
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:

I wonder how all these players reaching maps within the first day of new leagues are doing. They surely must use a cheat that you're the only one not knowing about.

Yeah, it's called PARTYING and TRADING. Or in popular streamers' case, getting gear from fanboys.

Almost nobody trade when you're in the first hours of the league because nobody have something to trade, and people play through the 3 difficulties within these very first hours. People going into maps on the first day of a league do it self found for most of them. It's just an other case of "I can't do it, so it's probably not on my end !". Saying it's impossible to go through all 3 difficulties without trading and making a post about it is just an other way of saying "I can't play this game and I'll just tell everyone".

And have you ever gone from 1-70 self-found on the first day? Do you even know what you're talking about, or are you just talking about shit that others have done?

I have gone from 1-75, not on the first day, not completely self-found (bought skill gems), but still within a single day early in a league. Doing that made me physically sick (I wish I was still in my teens in that regard) and I for damn sure aren't doing that ever again.

Let me explain this to you, really clearly: a day has 24 hours. If you have any idea what you're doing and play 24 hours session, yeah, you can easily reach 80's if not 90's. Let's give a generous 2 hours/difficulty before reaching maps, and that's a nice 6 hour session alone. Now, get your head out of ass and think how many people who got actual lives can afford to play a span of 6 hours on the first day of a league? For 80%, probably 90%, it's IMPOSSIBLE. People who reach maps on the first day aren't good fucking players, they're nolifers who can waste hours upon hours on this game from the very start of the league without worrying about "RL COMMITMENTS". You know what those are? Probably not.

Skill has jack shit to do with reaching level X or maps early in the league; what matters is the time you're able / willing to spend on a video game from the moment league starts.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
Okay, so even if we assume some people no-life the game extremely hard... if 1725 people made it to level 70 self-found in 5 days, playing their butts off every single day - let's say 20 hours per day playing the game - then you can easily go from 1 to 70 in 50 days, playing only 2 hours per day, solo self-found. This is an extremely conservative estimate.

50 days is a lot less than two years.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Dec 2, 2015, 4:08:00 PM
theoretically: if a group of 6 players in the same guild share 3 accounts, they can support each other with stuff they find in the first days and profit from early map access and atziri stuff.
account sharing is forbidden but i'm not sure if ggg has the means to control that.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
@Scrotie, can't argue that. I had my very first char at 70's in about a month tops. It wasn't exactly map viable, so it probably took longer than it should have.

Also act 4 didn't exist. I wonder if I started playing PoE now, would I be demoralized and quit when my first shitty build gets absolutely destroyed in act4 normal/cruel?
Last edited by mynameisonlyforthegods on Dec 2, 2015, 4:15:29 PM
"

And have you ever gone from 1-70 self-found on the first day? Do you even know what you're talking about, or are you just talking about shit that others have done?

Even if the fact I did it myself or not doesn't change the fact it's possible to do it or not (which is the topic btw), yes I already did it.

"

I have gone from 1-75, not on the first day, not completely self-found (bought skill gems), but still within a single day early in a league. Doing that made me physically sick (I wish I was still in my teens in that regard) and I for damn sure aren't doing that ever again.

your own little personnal experience doesn't (once again) change the fact going self found through the 3 difficulties is possible since many players did it. And we're not only speaking about people doing it fast or within the first hours of a new league.

"

Let me explain this to you, really clearly: a day has 24 hours. If you have any idea what you're doing and play 24 hours session, yeah, you can easily reach 80's if not 90's. Let's give a generous 2 hours/difficulty before reaching maps, and that's a nice 6 hour session alone. Now, get your head out of ass and think how many people who got actual lives can afford to play a span of 6 hours on the first day of a league? For 80%, probably 90%, it's IMPOSSIBLE. People who reach maps on the first day aren't good fucking players, they're nolifers

We're not discussing if it takes skill or not to do it self found and/or within the first hours of the league (and I never said anything about that), just the fact that it is possible. You are so wrong from the start you're trying so hard to side-track this whole "discussion".

"

nolifers who can waste hours upon hours on this game from the very start of the league without worrying about "RL COMMITMENTS". You know what those are? Probably not.

I have a job, i'm married and I see family and friends on a regular basis, but yeah, thanks for assuming random BS that you just pulled out of your ass I guess.

"

Skill has jack shit to do with reaching level X or maps early in the league; what matters is the time you're able / willing to spend on a video game from the moment league starts.

Once again, nothing to do with what I was saying.

There are enough examples of people going full self found in the game to prove you wrong anyway. The 5 days SOLO races that took place earlier this year are just straight facts calling BS over all your "finishing Merciless SF is impossible" non-sense. Hell I even remember the Kripp and his SMASH challenge in Open Beta during a One Week race, which was a solo self found Melee-only challenge...
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Dec 2, 2015, 4:24:54 PM
"

Let me explain this to you, really clearly: a day has 24 hours.

First of all the thread is about the possibility of doing that ... not how fast can be done ... but let's put that aside for a moment...

Ok so based on your experience it takes roughly around 24 hours to reach ~level 75 and go into mapping self-found. Let's say that you don't have lots of free time to spend on Path of Exile... perhaps the average player can spend 2 hours every day ( every 24 hours ) ? So that means that you can reach level 75 and start mapping in less than 2 weeks. Solo, self-found.

Now let me ask you... is that so unreasonable? Is that so terrible ? Is it world-ending, game-breaking an heart-crushing? Of course the answer can be "yes" ... and sadly ... if it is "yes" then Path of Exile is just not for you ... as simple as that. Accept it and move on.

P.S. Man i don't really like "The Walking dead". I wish that it was more about mystery, strangeness, main characters that don't act like human beings most of the time, eerie atmosphere and less(if no at all) zombies ... hmmm ... it seems that i'd better go and watch "Twin Peaks" instead of complaining about how "The Walking dead" doesn't really match my interests and my taste. I guess i could go around demanding the creators to change it accordingly ... even if tons of people enjoy it as it is. Nah i won't do that... I guess different people like different things and it seems that the world doesn't revolve around me after all.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 2, 2015, 5:58:44 PM
The sad part is this guy isnt trolling lol...

Anyone can go 1-70 self found within a few hours of play time without trading at all. I do it every new league...
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
KorgothBG wrote:

First of all the thread is about the possibility of doing that ... not how fast can be done ... but let's put that aside for a moment...

First of all it wasn't ME who brought up that it's possible for everyone to get into 70's at the first day of a league.

"
KorgothBG wrote:

Ok so based on your experience it takes roughly around 24 hours to reach ~level 75 and go into mapping self-found. Let's say that you don't have lots of free time to spend on Path of Exile... perhaps the average player can spend 2 hours every day ( every 24 hours ) ? So that means that you can reach level 75 and start mapping in less than 2 weeks. Solo, self-found.

Second of all, reading comprehension is an ability that you should learn before posting into a forum.

Since you're clearly interested, it took me ~11 hours on a snowflake build. Also yeah, if an "average player" is one who's aware of all the noobtraps, knows to avoid things that have a high chance of death, can maximize the utility of trash rares and is able to clear content with far-less-than-optimal gear, I would say he can easily run a solo self-found to endgame and maps.

I don't consider bunch of forum elitist the "average player", but hey, maybe that's just me.

@Morgoth, not even gonna bother. You clearly lack common sense and I see no gain in engaging further conversation with you. I wasn't planning on commenting here again, but someone went even further off the logic tracks than you did, so... Well, anyway. Not gonna bother with this topic anymore.
"
Yidam_ wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
Yidam_ wrote:
Its amusing that you dont seem to understand the point you yourself attempted to make. Here is a link to a persons Twitch channel that is currently doing 75+ maps, in hardcore, completely solo and self found, that means no trading.

http://www.twitch.tv/espressocats

Choosing someone that literally does nothing but plays video games all day for a living doesn't really help your argument. It's not that it is impossible to go self found all the way through the game, it just takes an ungodly amount of time to get to a point where you are reasonably geared enough to just smash most of the content (as in everything up towards 74-75 maps) unless you're running one of the insanely overpowered meta gems.

You should perhaps do some research or employ some common sense before making assumptions.

1. Not everyone that streams does so for a living or plays any more than an average gamer.

2. is a week an "ungodly" amount of time? is 5 weeks an "ungodly" amount of time? That streamer is doing it in a 5 week league and its not his first character.

And that is one random example I was able to drum up during the dead time of the PoE cycle, perhaps the deadest time in a while.

Next excuse pls.

The guy you listed literally does play video games for a living. He's attempting to stream and has no other job currently.

For him to reach the point in the game that he did with the gear that he has yes, he spent an ungodly amount of time to do so that quickly. Most people who have normal jobs (aka the people who have the money to spend on MTXs) are not going to be able to pull off what that guy did.

Oh, and before retorting like some elitist asshole

"
My name is Andrew and I am 21 years old. Video games have always been a huge part of my life. I was let go from my job and have always wanted to stream. Current games I plan on streaming are Path of Exile and World of Warcraft. I'm hoping that I can make this a viable form of supporting myself. Any support or advice is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by allbusiness on Dec 2, 2015, 7:36:16 PM
"
Also yeah, if an "average player" is one who's aware of all the noobtraps, knows to avoid things that have a high chance of death, can maximize the utility of trash rares and is able to clear content with far-less-than-optimal gear, I would say he can easily run a solo self-found to endgame and maps.

Let me just rephrase this for you:
"If a player knows what he is doing he can trivialize the game solo self-found to endgame and maps"

A game that is easier if you are good at it? A game that rewards players who know how to play the game well? Shocking!

What else would you want? A game where you can easily faceroll without knowing anything about anything? A game where challenge is non-existent?

"
I don't consider bunch of forum elitist the "average player", but hey, maybe that's just me.

Well you claim that you did this "extremely difficult" thing ... reaching end-game solo self-found ... for less than 11. Do you consider yourself an average player? Or are you a "forum elitist" ?

In your "oh so clever" in your face "forum elitist scum" response you kind of forget to answer me ( and to actually answer the main claim in this thread ) can a player reach end-game solo self-found in reasonable amount of time? Well, you kind of did ... with your own experience as an example ( and you are talking about doing it fast ... not just in reasonable amount of time ).
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 2, 2015, 11:50:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info