I realized this game is even worse than Diablo 3

This game requires trade unless you've spent so many hours to know every little quirk and loot mechanic of a build. It is impossible to go from 1-70ish and beat all 3 difficulties with self found gear in less than 2 years. The quality of drops is never good enough in a zone to progress to higher ones, especially relying on currency to alter and craft gear enough to matter (5L/6L, 3+ good stats on a rare). People like to badmouth the auction system Diablo 3 had but without it you couldn't progress in that game either. This game mandates trading and groups even more than Diablo 3 did because otherwise you will always hit a gear wall around level 40 and level 60 that cannot be overcome with self found drops.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Many players have leveled self-found characters. It happens every new league.

Trading does provide you with better opportunities to improve your gear. I don't understand why this "requirement" is bad, though. People have things you want, you have things people want, you trade them. Is it so bad to interact with others?
*looks at obvious click bait title.* *clicks anyway* *regrets* *closes window*
"
Many players have leveled self-found characters. It happens every new league.

Trading does provide you with better opportunities to improve your gear. I don't understand why this "requirement" is bad, though. People have things you want, you have things people want, you trade them. Is it so bad to interact with others?

It isn't bad, but at this point it is pretty much a requirement. I leveled up 3 different characters and all of them hit gear walls that were never going to be overcome without sinking thousands of hours and a freak event with RNG. If you're in Act 3 of cruel and your gear sucks you will never find something good enough in the available level restricted zones to actually be an upgrade. I would have quit this game a year ago if someone didn't help me with some gear that allowed me to get to where I can run maps on my own. The only thing holding me back was gear on every character I had.
Last edited by themrpid10 on Nov 25, 2015, 6:18:30 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
*looks at obvious click bait title.* *clicks anyway* *regrets* *closes window*

Very helpful, thanks a lot.
You have spent way too much time reading what other people say about this game and not nearly enough time actually playing self found if you really believe this.

I play self found hardcore and usually hit 70 after a couple weeks in a new league playing a few hours per day. My characters are public but I guess you have to trust me that my gear wasn't trade for. Most traders can tell by looking at it though.

Are you maybe trying to progress straight through merc a4 without mapping or extensive grinding first? That may indeed be impossible self found for all but a few select builds but there is also no reason to attempt that.

Also if you refuse to learn quirks and mechanics you will get fucking wrecked in a trading system by people taking advantage of your ignorance.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
I play self found to 70 in ~12 hours of playtime easily, and that is on hardcore.

Idk hardcore isn't that different from softcore I rarely die anyway if I play standard.
"
mucker wrote:
You have spent way too much time reading what other people say about this game and not nearly enough time actually playing self found if you really believe this.

I play self found hardcore and usually hit 70 after a couple weeks in a new league playing a few hours per day. My characters are public but I guess you have to trust me that my gear wasn't trade for. Most traders can tell by looking at it though.

Are you maybe trying to progress straight through merc a4 without mapping or extensive grinding first? That may indeed be impossible self found for all but a few select builds but there is also no reason to attempt that.

Also if you refuse to learn quirks and mechanics you will get fucking wrecked in a trading system by people taking advantage of your ignorance.

No I'm saying that to even get to that point requires gear that most people aren't going to find without sinking a ton of hours farming zones and outleveling to the point they are getting no experience and probably have a loot penalty as well. Particularly act 2-4 in cruel to even make it to merciless requires a lot better stuff than I ever got to drop. The masters help somewhat except any of the good mods are going to require currency a self found player won't have by then, and their masters won't be high enough to do them anyway.
What I'm mentioning is not really a problem for people who already made it high enough to start running maps, I'm talking about new players who inevitably hit that wall around level 40, die about a dozen times because their gear sucks and give up on this game.
Last edited by themrpid10 on Nov 25, 2015, 6:28:32 PM
"
themrpid10 wrote:
What I'm mentioning is not really a problem for people who already made it high enough to start running maps, I'm talking about new players who inevitably hit that wall around level 40, die about a dozen times because their gear sucks and give up on this game.

You realize every person at the start of a league runs to maps self-found no trade right?

And if they trade, it's from a person that did what i just mentioned.

Just saying, your argument doesn't hold very long.

Game knowledge is far more important then trading, it allows you to bypass it completely at one point.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : typo
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Nov 25, 2015, 6:30:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info