I realized this game is even worse than Diablo 3

There is so much wrong with this. I have played every character self-found since I started playing. I don't even try "crafting" outside of doing sockets. I end up vendoring 99% of the drops I do pick up (and most stuff gets left untouched). I usually end up with at least one character doing maps by the end of the leagues.

Everything I do is well within what a brand new player would know or do (because I've been doing it since I was new).

You had to put real money to get decent year on D3, after expansion, they made it so easy that playing became boring, you knew you would get good gear anyway, no challenge, poe actually encourages you to keep playing. You can actually play self-found builds since the adition of the masters. You just need to look for budget builds, learn the game mechanics at the wikia and problem solved.
"
themrpid10 wrote:
It is impossible to go from 1-70ish and beat all 3 difficulties with self found gear in less than 2 years.
1725 people did it in five days. Well, maybe not the "all 3 difficulties" part, but the 1-70 bit for sure.

Well, that was also before The Awakening came out. I imagine things are slightly more difficult now.

But on the other hand: five days.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 25, 2015, 10:36:11 PM
"
themrpid10 wrote:
It is impossible to go from 1-70ish and beat all 3 difficulties with self found gear in less than 2 years.
Lie.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
themrpid10 wrote:

Well thats simply not true at all... I lvled a Cycloner (The third one in that league) from lvl 1 to maps in just over 10 hours.... Completely Self Found!!! In TEMPEST!!! Granted some of the gear i ran was found and saved from the previous 2 Cycloners i ripped before that one still... even the very first one.. again self found... got to maps in around 18-20 hours... 2 years?... Im not sure what your doing to take 2 years to get to 70 but its certainly wrong.

Keep in mind i dont even race because... well i suck at it... People like Raiz and such hit 70 in the first 6-8 hours of a new league... FRESH... no reserve gear NOTHING!!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Nov 26, 2015, 12:02:17 AM
"
themrpid10 wrote:
This game requires trade unless you've spent so many hours to know every little quirk and loot mechanic of a build.

No...it dose not, solo self found with little more than an hour per day...and there ar still mechanics i don't know about.

"
themrpid10 wrote:

Totally wrong...maybe you can't but most people can...most can get upto 75+ with crap builds and grar and do that in the space of 3 month or much much less.

"
themrpid10 wrote:
The quality of drops is never good enough in a zone to progress to higher ones, especially relying on currency to alter and craft gear enough to matter (5L/6L, 3+ good stats on a rare).

Drop rates are fine, they are not going to hand out the shinies just to keep you, you need to grind to get them.

"
themrpid10 wrote:
People like to badmouth the auction system Diablo 3 had but without it you couldn't progress in that game either.

It was bad, blizzard saw that and removed it.

"
themrpid10 wrote:
This game mandates trading and groups even more than Diablo 3 did because otherwise you will always hit a gear wall around level 40 and level 60 that cannot be overcome with self found drops.

Wrong again...you don't need to group you just need to not suck.

The whole post basically boils down to...i'm lazy give me more stuff and make the game easier because i suck to.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"

wow, really?

this indicates that you lack game knowledge of poe and since poe requires more knowledge to be able to reach late game content, doesnt make poe better or worse than D3.

lvl1-lvl 75 takes with self found gear less than 1 day for experienced poe player.

there are players who get lvl 100 in 4 days 19 hours total playing time(this is the record as far as i know)

just acquire some knowledge, all will be fine.

with my first char i couldnt get more than lvl 50. it happens.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Nov 26, 2015, 1:41:33 AM
"

I stopped reading here, hoped to find intelligent thread, found this :/
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
themrpid10 wrote:
This game requires trade unless you've spent so many hours to know every little quirk and loot mechanic of a build. It is impossible to go from 1-70ish and beat all 3 difficulties with self found gear in less than 2 years. The quality of drops is never good enough in a zone to progress to higher ones, especially relying on currency to alter and craft gear enough to matter (5L/6L, 3+ good stats on a rare). People like to badmouth the auction system Diablo 3 had but without it you couldn't progress in that game either. This game mandates trading and groups even more than Diablo 3 did because otherwise you will always hit a gear wall around level 40 and level 60 that cannot be overcome with self found drops.
You do realize this game offer far better character customization and you are just not good enough to get further right? [Removed by support] you cant even say anything posetive about the game
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
Last edited by Eben_GGG on Nov 26, 2015, 2:11:34 AM
well..

while the '2 years' is plain lie or overstatement (it takes like a week for a casual) what people seem to take for granted is that EVERYBODY plays the current FOTM cookie cutter build

flame totem, cyclone, poison arrow, incinerate - you know THE STUFF THAT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT GEAR

for most of the 'elite' playing anything else is just being stupid but if one wants to, lets say, level as a ground slam marauder or cleave or even spectral throw, maybe fireball (you know, the kind of build that SHOULD work, because why not - we are talking about new players) then the gear wall is real and really really hard to bypass (not mentioning that some skills are just noob traps by design - fireball, ele hit)

cyclone just deals SO MUCH damage that one can manage with wooden shovel instead of a weapon but anything else is just difficult, flame totem does not need even the shovel bit.

skills that can clear everything on a 4 link (all mentioned above..) are obviously MUCH easier to not care about drops than ones that require 5 link

sadly, it seems that ggg left the 'leveling shortcut skills' on purpose and there always will be a 'for the lazy' way. so we can all be winners.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info