I realized this game is even worse than Diablo 3

"
Boem wrote:
"
themrpid10 wrote:
What I'm mentioning is not really a problem for people who already made it high enough to start running maps, I'm talking about new players who inevitably hit that wall around level 40, die about a dozen times because their gear sucks and give up on this game.

You realize every person at the start of a league runs to maps self-found no trade right?

And if they trade, it's from a person that did what i just mentioned.

Just saying, your argument doesn't hold very long.

Game knowledge is far more important then trading, it allows you to bypass it completely at one point.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : typo

You are quite right, except I'm talking about new players on their first leveling experience who are not going to bother trading and won't have in depth knowledge of every single mechanic yet.
"
themrpid10 wrote:
It is impossible to go from 1-70ish and beat all 3 difficulties with self found gear in less than 2 years.

"
themrpid10 wrote:
I'm talking about new players.

At what point is one no longer a new player? Whatever time, I'm pretty sure it's <2 years.

:)
Casually casual.

"
themrpid10 wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
"
themrpid10 wrote:
What I'm mentioning is not really a problem for people who already made it high enough to start running maps, I'm talking about new players who inevitably hit that wall around level 40, die about a dozen times because their gear sucks and give up on this game.

You realize every person at the start of a league runs to maps self-found no trade right?

And if they trade, it's from a person that did what i just mentioned.

Just saying, your argument doesn't hold very long.

Game knowledge is far more important then trading, it allows you to bypass it completely at one point.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : typo

You are quite right, except I'm talking about new players on their first leveling experience who are not going to bother trading and won't have in depth knowledge of every single mechanic yet.
If they don't want to put the work in (ie learning the mechanics and grinding for gear), then this game really isn't designed for them.

The company name says it all. If they wanted it easy, they'd change their name to Gear Comes Easy Games.

Every new league everybody starts out self found. So the only difference is lack of knowledge on mechanics. Which is the player's problem for not seeking that knowledge.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
themrpid10 wrote:
It is impossible to go from 1-70ish and beat all 3 difficulties with self found gear in less than 2 years.

"
themrpid10 wrote:
I'm talking about new players.

At what point is one no longer a new player? Whatever time, I'm pretty sure it's <2 years.

:)

They either find a way past it or stop playing. I almost stopped playing and someone made the difference that would have taken me 3-4 really good drops to overcome solo. Drops that would have taken me hundreds of hours of play and thousands of currency items to achieve. Maybe my personal RNG is bad, still every character I ever played would encounter this wall at some point where the zone level is say 50 and you need pretty much a really good 49-50 with linked sockets to get to the next area.
Got any proposed solutions there, champ? Or did ya just want to have a moan?
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"

There are plenty of ways it could be fixed, easiest would be taking the zone level drop restriction and adding another +5 chance so it was possible to get some gear that would actually be good enough. Crafting fixes might also help. Some of it is just terrible ramp in difficulty that new players won't expect.
"
themrpid10 wrote:
"

There are plenty of ways it could be fixed, easiest would be taking the zone level drop restriction and adding another +5 chance so it was possible to get some gear that would actually be good enough. Crafting fixes might also help. Some of it is just terrible ramp in difficulty that new players won't expect.

While I'll agree that the current system tends to make a certain number of skills (cyclone, incinerate, poison arrow, totems, traps etc.) more appealing at the start of a league/character due to lower gear requirements, I'm not a big fan of making too many changes to the current drop tables.

I would welcome a better progression of quest rewards, though, to ameliorate some of the inherent problems for new players. They've already done this a bit with introducing 4L items, and making the core gems easier to access as well... but, it is not much of an improvement. Having the masters focus more heavily on core affixes on the gear they sell might be good (resists/movespeed/links).

I'll happily support anything that makes progression and learning easier for newbies without impacting the core gameplay and optional content side of things. How you balance that? Fuck me if I know, I ain't got any fucking brains.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Nov 25, 2015, 7:05:05 PM
On most characters I find that self found isn't bad till level 50-60. If I am having trouble before then it is usually because I am doing something wrong on the skill tree.

I understand the currency delemma.... at level 81 this league I had only found 12 fusings (I never trade anything other than currency to get stuff unless you count vendoring).

Even though I only buy through trade (no selling items) I was able to sell off enough alt's, jew's, gcp's, etc etc to buy 3 ex+ worth of items off of people.

Totally self-found.... I can't do at the current drop rates. Sadly trade is required to get good items unless you have some really excellent luck.

Today on a new character I blew 120 alts on some rings trying to get dext rolls on them.... had totally forgotten about using my master lol..... anywho, totally self found..... I don't have the luck for good items.
I'm good at trading ^_^
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Hi

i'm sorry to strongly disagree

i do come from a 3 years of intensive Diablo 3.

i played POE 2 yeras ago and let it go.
i came back less than a month ago.
and 9 days ago i started a Dual Flame Totem Witch, and she's already lvl 73. ( and yes i have a job during the day, and i can't play while at work)

and taking time to play with friends with lower level characters.

i play alone most of the time ( if in multiplayer, never in public), and I DO NOT and DID NOT trade a single item. Farm fun, i red different post on the forum to optimize my gaming. i watch a lot of videos on youtube. added http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki to my internet bookmarks.

Yes it does take some time and investement to reach the pleasure that you migth have in few days with D3.

but on D3 if you don't bot every night and if you don't cheat ( Turbo HUD and stuff) you just can't compete.
D3 lakes the need for the effort; you can have a character full stuff in 48hours. yeah, fun ; and after that? wait 3 mounths for the next season.

but everybody have their own experience of the game. sorry to read that you had a bad experience. i can asuch you that level 70 and higher are available.
Aim for the head
Last edited by Zom3ie666 on Nov 25, 2015, 8:22:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info