Will Standard inflation of orbs:ex ever slow down?

oh really like what? shavronne is dirt cheap, you can grind it in a few days by just MFing, same goes for mjolnir, voll's devotion is more expensive but you should be able to afford that too

if you want mirrored items well... that's 10 voll's devotions, takes some time but you can get even those, i'm too lazy to look at your account but i'm sure you have played enough in order to able to get a mirror
"
1235 wrote:
oh really like what? shavronne is dirt cheap, you can grind it in a few days by just MFing, same goes for mjolnir, voll's devotion is more expensive but you should be able to afford that too

if you want mirrored items well... that's 10 voll's devotions, takes some time but you can get even those, i'm too lazy to look at your account but i'm sure you have played enough in order to able to get a mirror

First I'd need an MFer. So even using a build that doesn't need gg gear, a Summoner or PA maybe I still need to gather the iiq/iir, I'm sure everyone just logs in and has a Quantity in standard right? Decent MF accessories have no cost, and most importantly It takes Zero time investment to have a lake/map level MFer in the first place.

Honestly for someone where it's not "days until maps" but "weeks until maps" Either from limited knowledge, experience, playtime or even the insistence that "dude Ele KB wanders can totally level fast as flame totems"

Just materializing the Cost of a Shav's isn't an automatic, or at first even an easy feat.
People play differently. Don't assume everyone has the same "minutes to maps" as you do. Maybe they don't use higher level players to skip bosses. Maybe they don't change a character's skill tree from leveling to mfing and back again. There's all sorts of time savers that some people just aren't willing to do.
I think people just want bricks of gold(exalts). But like before mentioned, it's about at the roof to where 1ex worth of chaos's is worth rolling, as opposed to buying for 1ex...But that's where RNG comes to play, I think.
"
Jansports wrote:
"
1235 wrote:

First I'd need an MFer. So even using a build that doesn't need gg gear, a Summoner or PA maybe I still need to gather the iiq/iir, I'm sure everyone just logs in and has a Quantity in standard right? Decent MF accessories have no cost, and most importantly It takes Zero time investment to have a lake/map level MFer in the first place.

Honestly for someone where it's not "days until maps" but "weeks until maps" Either from limited knowledge, experience, playtime or even the insistence that "dude Ele KB wanders can totally level fast as flame totems"

Just materializing the Cost of a Shav's isn't an automatic, or at first even an easy feat.

I mean to be fair nearly all items are farmable now, this is just complaining to complain now.

The price of the exalt orb has nothing to do with how obtainable your shav is. It is so cheap now because they buffed the drop rate of it by 4x.

Also, if it takes you weeks to get into maps you shouldn't be laddering in general, and if you're going to be playing in standard it taking you "weeks" to get into maps is something on you. Even then I don't understand how it would take you "weeks" to get into maps if you're using the standard economy. People would literally give you entire twink sets for free. If you say you don't have time to play the game much (I got all 20 challenges last ladder playing 2 hours a day max, not even playing every day), then enjoy your time getting farming all of the items.

They reduced the time it takes to farm a shavs from 100 hours to like 10 hours (example). You can't complain that it's still not fair since you play an hour a week it'll take you 2 months to get it ~.~

You can say now that all builds that do not use a voll's is now realistically obtainable by someone who plays at an average rate.

---

Main reason why orb:ex is becoming more expensive is how popular using the master crafting is and exalting shit in general. But let's be honest here how many people have an actual need for all of the alch/chaos orbs in the game.

Nobody really chaos spams shit or mass alch things. Fusing are another story that people need a shit ton to constantly 6-link but even then eventually there would be enough 6-links to go around were it would be pointless to use fusings yourself.

They need to have more master crafting (or similar stuff) that cost a shit ton of orbs (chaos,alch ect)that takes the orbs out of the game and have people constantly wanting to use it for their items. Vaal orb was not enough of an item sink.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Nov 17, 2015, 6:02:21 AM
"
Jansports wrote:
"
1235 wrote:

yes mf gear is very cheap and you don't need the 100 exalt pieces lol, it will cost you just a few chaos per item and some of them you find youtself anyway

oh wait you have to play the builds that are good at this instead of going for something stupid? :(((

just selling all the rares you find for alt shards and doing the chaos/regal recipe will get you enough currency to buy items like shavronne really fast
Iv been avoding this on the forum's cuz i rarley play standard ( but i do sometimes play it when board ) But thare is actualy something wrong with the econ , and in a way im not fully understanding.

Whats happaning dose not really make sence and coming from primarly playing a game for many many years that has a 100 % player controled market this intresets me .

Now thare is a reason and the reason dose make sence but what is it ?

Items in standard should be deflating in the other direction why is this not happaning ?

My tin foil hat fears the worst , a small army of market guros running mass market bot . Iv seen it before , but never on this scale if that even is in fact whats happaning ,witch im not totaly convinced is the case at all.

Like if you look to dark shrine market today right now. Look at the prise of GG gear avalible and the diffrencen in prise , you can find items that are nearly identical 1 prised at 4 chaos 1 at 2 EX why is that ? and BOTH these items are selling that's what i don't understand ?

And it's not supply and demand the first person who responds that this is supply and demand is getting gif hard !!!
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
I'm not playing Standard in a month, in fact i'm not sure if i will play standard anymore, because the gameplay changes introduced every major patch make few items legacy and a lot items just crap (uniques).
This makes Exalted more valuable to save instead a unique item and when you need some item to make a build you can buy it at the actual cost.

Happens to me with Shavronnes I pay 35 exalted for one and few days left the price drop to 15 exa due a patch where rare uniques drop 4 more times; now I don't keep uniques, I use it and sell it and save the exa.

"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
"
Turniphead2 wrote:
But what's really fu***ed up is: when mapping and you found a chaos it was oh great a 1/40th of an ex - now it's like finding nothing
so finding orbs while mapping is pretty boring as they've become valueless (unless they are exalts)

My question is - has this always been happening.

I started playing 6 month ago and c/ ex was 42 now 60.
A year ago (before I started playing) were they 20c to one ex?
And a year before 10c/ex?

TYVM

Turnip

I remember ratios about 38:1, one of my friends who plays longer remember 32:1 and when i watched some older videos at YT, people were trading about 20 chaos for exalt.

So yes, it is happening and i don't like this trend either.
"
SirSid wrote:
Items in standard should be deflating in the other direction why is this not happaning ?

Get back to me with the items that have inflated in your opinion
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info