Will Standard inflation of orbs:ex ever slow down?

Hi

When I first started playing, six months ago, 160 Jewels I could sell for an ex now its hard to sell 285.

It seems the inflation of all orbs: exalt is continually increasing.

Does anyone know anything about the in-game economy and whether the orb:ex ratio will ever stabilise?

Also it's annoying to buy a unique knowing its a bad investment. it would be good to buy one and think the opposite in fact.

Any ideas?

"
Does anyone know anything about the in-game economy and whether the orb:ex ratio will ever stabilise?

No until developers add cheap exalted orb recipe. And they will probably not intorduce it.

"
Also it's annoying to buy a unique knowing its a bad investment. it would be good to buy one and think the opposite in fact.

Nobody know what/if unqiue will get nerf/buff, no matter what exchange rates will be. If you don't know much about game dont invest in items to sell them later, invest in items that you will use and will make your chracter better.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Nov 16, 2015, 12:47:28 PM
It will never slow down. Eventually you'll need to grind out 10,000 chaos orbs to purchase 1 exalted orb.

As long as the only way to obtain exalted orbs are to find them on the virtual ground and/or purchase them for other orbs or through rmt(via bot farmers), the trend will continue.

The only two realistic ways to control it reliably would be to either have vendor up-trading & recipes to create ALL levels of orbs, or to have NO vendor up-trading and NO orb creation recipes. Then, at some point the balancing point would be found from what the game produces through normal play.

Perhaps in PoE2. :D
"
kamil1210 wrote:
No until developers add cheap exalted orb recipe. And they will probably not intorduce it.

Or they could just drop more exalts like in Warbands. Or make a quest for beating merciless Malachai with an ex as reward.

Instead they give us all these new crafting options with masters to drain exalts and other rare currencies but the drop rates are not adjusted accordingly. The only reasonable conclusion is that GGG doesn't want to intervene or actually they even want exalts to become more expensive.

Maybe because of Mirrorgate? *donnes tinfoil hat* =3
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
"
It will never slow down. Eventually you'll need to grind out 10,000 chaos orbs to purchase 1 exalted orb.

As long as the only way to obtain exalted orbs are to find them on the virtual ground and/or purchase them for other orbs or through rmt(via bot farmers), the trend will continue.

The only two realistic ways to control it reliably would be to either have vendor up-trading & recipes to create ALL levels of orbs, or to have NO vendor up-trading and NO orb creation recipes. Then, at some point the balancing point would be found from what the game produces through normal play.

Perhaps in PoE2. :D

This is interesting and luckiy I've flipped my way to a few exalts - flipping divnes.

So my exalts are more valuable I guess.

But what's really fu***ed up is: when mapping and you found a chaos it was oh great a 1/40th of an ex - now it's like finding nothing
so finding orbs while mapping is pretty boring as they've become valueless (unless they are exalts)

My question is - has this always been happening.

I started playing 6 month ago and c/ ex was 42 now 60.
A year ago (before I started playing) were they 20c to one ex?
And a year before 10c/ex?

TYVM

Turnip

Last edited by Turniphead2 on Nov 16, 2015, 1:11:04 PM
What you're actually seeing is that the value of items is going down... not that the value of the orbs are going up. No one in standard really needs your items anymore, and there's a ton of them on the market. The only thing people are trading for is high end luxury goods. Basic gear to get through the game is readily available.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
What you're actually seeing is that the value of items is going down... not that the value of the orbs are going up. No one in standard really needs your items anymore, and there's a ton of them on the market. The only thing people are trading for is high end luxury goods. Basic gear to get through the game is readily available.

It's that combined with the value of exalts going up since they're now the alternative to eternal orbs.
"
Turniphead2 wrote:
Hi

When I first started playing, six months ago, 160 Jewels I could sell for an ex now its hard to sell 285.

It seems the inflation of all orbs: exalt is continually increasing.

Any ideas?

I would say it deflation not inflation, because ex is worth still more and more. Not less and less.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

There are new players entering Standard and some of us casuals that haven't had the time to dedicate to build in game wealth. There is a huge list of items I'd like to buy in standard but cannot afford.
"
Drumheller wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

There are new players entering Standard and some of us casuals that haven't had the time to dedicate to build in game wealth. There is a huge list of items I'd like to buy in standard but cannot afford.

Exactly. But those items aren't necessity. They're things you want.

As long as there is something that a casual can do, that someone with one of those items would rather have someone else do for them, you'll eventually be able to trade for it. We're actually going to see a shift in what they value, and what you should be working on to gain wealth.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Nov 16, 2015, 1:34:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info