Will Standard inflation of orbs:ex ever slow down?

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
What you're actually seeing is that the value of items is going down... not that the value of the orbs are going up. No one in standard really needs your items anymore, and there's a ton of them on the market. The only thing people are trading for is high end luxury goods. Basic gear to get through the game is readily available.

I agree. It's the land of the ever growing pile of cyber-garbage.

People shouldn't complain about a goofy economy in a setting where, by design, an economy cannot exist.
"
Drumheller wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
What you're actually seeing is that the value of items is going down... not that the value of the orbs are going up. No one in standard really needs your items anymore, and there's a ton of them on the market. The only thing people are trading for is high end luxury goods. Basic gear to get through the game is readily available.

There are new players entering Standard and some of us casuals that haven't had the time to dedicate to build in game wealth. There is a huge list of items I'd like to buy in standard but cannot afford.

the cost to buy mediocre gear will only get lower, like 1-5 chaos a piece. if you are looking for gg or almost gg gear, then that could only go higher.

when the cost to buy gg gear is greater than crafting it, craft it instead.

if you could only play casually, leveling your masters to 8 will help you get some exalts, so you can get into the exalt trading.
I need more purple titles
The inflation will slow down when people realize that you can probably chaos spam an item and get the about the same stats as an item that costs X ex.

Once crafting is realized as a way to get items the economy should balance out.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Last edited by zSavage on Nov 16, 2015, 3:54:23 PM
Make chaos orbs more useful by making quantity mean more on map drops.
Then create vendor recipes for chaos to other currencies.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
The inflation will continue as long as:

1. GGG treats permanent leagues as a dumpster for temporal leagues.
2. GGG designs game and economy balance based on temporal leagues.
3. GGG doesn't implement any permanent leagues only item and currency sinks.
"
Pokopensuke wrote:

1. It's their choice, and to be honest it's way smarter for the health of the game that it's balanced around the "seasonal" content, since it's the one (re)bringing players to the game.

2. Inflation is there in temp leagues too. It's going faster and faster every league. I remember Onslaught/Nemesis : Ex price went up over time but far from the ratio we witnessed in recent leagues, then reached a peak then went down when we reached the end of the league. Now people are so used to the fact that the ex:chaos ratio will go crazy that they try to get exalts as soon as they can, thus making the inflation worse, thus the impression that it will inflate faster next league stronger ("next league I'll be prepared for that"), thus making the inflation in next league worse, etc.
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Nov 16, 2015, 4:30:50 PM
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:

1. It's their choice, and to be honest it's way smarter for the health of the game that it's balanced around the "seasonal" content, since it's the one (re)bringing players to the game.

I feel that temp leagues and permanent leagues' game and economy balance should be separated. I think that would be much smarter for the health of game.
The value of high tier uniques is waaaaay down. The average player has to have something of value to leverage, so that sense of worth is given to currency, causing it to go up in value.
"
Pokopensuke wrote:
The inflation will continue as long as:

1. GGG treats permanent leagues as a dumpster for temporal leagues.
3. GGG doesn't implement any permanent leagues only item and currency sinks.

you do know that the chaos:exalt ratio is the same in temporary leagues as it is in permanent leagues and when they merge it also stays the same right?

what made exalts increase in price is the fact that the elreon multi mod costs 2 ex, whoever came up with that brilliant idea should win an award

also is it that hard to add a fucking exalt recipe?.... exalt:chaos drop rate is close to 30:1, make a fucking exalt recipe that reflects that somehow, what's so hard?

and then the elreon mod and other crafting mods became even more important thanks to the +3 trick, that's why exalts are so ridiculously expensive right now in temp leagues, you need them to make that +3 bow
Last edited by 1235 on Nov 16, 2015, 4:59:05 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Drumheller wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

There are new players entering Standard and some of us casuals that haven't had the time to dedicate to build in game wealth. There is a huge list of items I'd like to buy in standard but cannot afford.

Exactly. But those items aren't necessity. They're things you want.

As long as there is something that a casual can do, that someone with one of those items would rather have someone else do for them, you'll eventually be able to trade for it. We're actually going to see a shift in what they value, and what you should be working on to gain wealth.

There is a significant portion of PoE gated from me and others because we can't afford those builds. It's definitely fun limiting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info