[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

Howdy all!

This is my first real character to make it into maps and begin the push. I am starting to struggle on Tier 10 maps however, I have done a Tier 11 magical map with shitty mods, but Rare maps are presenting a struggle for me. I was wondering if you all could take a look at my gear and let me know how I am sitting gear wise and what I should replace, pr if this is just simply a "get gud!" situation.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/phopper33/characters

Character name is "Who_Dat_Witch"

Thanks!
Hey PewPewPew. Waiting for your build update and the new league to begin.

Thx for your dedication !
Seems like the newly announced changes for 2.6 could really change the build. Not sure if it will be positive or not. But Area of Effect increases are being changed. It might end up that grabbing all the increased AOE nodes in the skill tree might not be needed anymore.
i hope the aoe change doesnt hit this build too much. this is the first build i started with I hope these changes help revamp this thing to be more awesome.
I doubt it'll hit the build hard. Yes, we will have less AoE, but AoE is more of a luxury then a necessity. As long as we have at least a decent amount of increased AoE, we should be fine.

Short post, waiting for the release of the new tree and patch nodes before I start updating the guide!
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
One thing I'm curious about with firestorm. If you've got a cast time of 0.35 seconds, you're casting it 3 times a second. If 1 meteor drops every 0.1 seconds per cast, that means 30 meteors are coming down per second. If your firestorm has 3 second duration, you would be able to stack 9 before the first one expires which is 270 meteors over 3 seconds or 90 per second. Is this actually what happens because visually, it doesn't seem like there's that many meteors.

If even 1/4 of those fireballs hit and you chaos convert it to apply poison, you would be applying an ungodly amount of poison stacks onto something per second. Surely I'm missing something here.
Hey, I'm playing again after a long time off, and I used this build with the items that had previous, just curious of what you think of my current gear and most immediately needed upgrades (im not really worried about patch).

Spoiler

"
Astrohawke wrote:
One thing I'm curious about with firestorm. If you've got a cast time of 0.35 seconds, you're casting it 3 times a second. If 1 meteor drops every 0.1 seconds per cast, that means 30 meteors are coming down per second. If your firestorm has 3 second duration, you would be able to stack 9 before the first one expires which is 270 meteors over 3 seconds or 90 per second. Is this actually what happens because visually, it doesn't seem like there's that many meteors.

If even 1/4 of those fireballs hit and you chaos convert it to apply poison, you would be applying an ungodly amount of poison stacks onto something per second. Surely I'm missing something here.

the build your looking for is called a Chaos storm build.
a few examples are
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1800970
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1820100

"
nevel214 wrote:
"
Astrohawke wrote:

the build your looking for is called a Chaos storm build.
a few examples are
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1800970
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1820100

I know. I'm not looking for the build. I'm asking about the mechanics of firestorm and whether or not it really drops that many meteors per second because it doesn't look like it from the animation.
Last edited by Astrohawke on Feb 26, 2017, 6:30:24 PM
Hi, just wanted to say thank you for this build, been using it for a long time now, currently lvl88, it's been a long hard grind to get to this lvl with hundreds of deaths but I'm still enjoying it, it's my main character and I mainly just do my daily missions and maps, yesterday was the 2nd time I've attempted to kill atziri and I'm so glad I tried yesterday as I have finally killed her, had just 1 portal remaining and I had the prophecy "the queens vaults" so not only did she drop the usual atziri flask but I also got atziri vaults unique map.

Once again thank you for this build.
IGN: The_Nutcase

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info