[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

Hi, noob here.
In this build the way to curse enemies are to proc HoT and "slowly" strike each and every enemy with HoT bolts to curse them, right? Isn't this a very ineffective way to curse enemies?

Doesn't this also mean that this build is unable to curse bosses considering you have no mobs to proc HoT on? Except for bosses that spawn adds during the fight ofc.

Can someone shine some light on this for me? Would be really helpful thank you.

"
hAxberg123 wrote:
Hi, noob here.
In this build the way to curse enemies are to proc HoT and "slowly" strike each and every enemy with HoT bolts to curse them, right? Isn't this a very ineffective way to curse enemies?

Doesn't this also mean that this build is unable to curse bosses considering you have no mobs to proc HoT on? Except for bosses that spawn adds during the fight ofc.

Can someone shine some light on this for me? Would be really helpful thank you.

That's right. It's an ineffective way to curse enemies (you can only curse 4 per second), but it's effective in terms of keeping DPS high. If you've adjusted the build to have more importance on curses, you can use a different method of cursing (ball lightning + coh works well), but every time you cast curses you aren't DPSing. Pewpew mentions working on a blasphemy variant, which you could explore if cursing is important to you.
First off: Sorry for not being responsive the past couple of weeks. There have been some issues around my health.

Having that said, I'm still planning on a good revamp of this build. I'll most likely await the 2.6 patch notes before I go through with it. But if things stay the way they are now, I'll plan on making the following changes to the build:
- Change the ascendancy from Elementalist to Necromancer
- Drop HoT and apply curses mainly through blasphemy(and possibly through Kitava's)
- Instead of any weapon, we'll be using Unique claws(starting with 2x Cybil's Paws, transitioning into 1x Cybils and 1x Scourge)

As some of you already noticed, this is similar to the firestorm build I've been testing out the past two leagues.

There are two main reasons why I want to change the build.
Firstly, the build, as it is now, is very solid for lower to mid range maps. Whenever you want to run higher red maps, you will have to play around your minions, as most bosses can easily nuke you. They are still possible, but you need to know what you are doing. This build is mainly meant to be for beginners, so I want it to be more forgiving, even in higher content. The newer build has more sustain and defences, and should be better equipped for the harder maps.
Second, it's far easier to transition into a end game build.

> I also need to drop the Self Found tag, as that was mostly aimed at the gearing. The build can be played self found still, but it might be a while before you find a warlords gem, which can be a pain.

Just a headsup, I haven't forgotten about the guide! I'm basically waiting for more information on the big patch :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
You've done some excellent work with this build, and I'm really sorry to barge into this thread with critique, but...

Honestly, I'd prefer if you made a new guide when you start building around certain uniques.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very much looking forward to whatever you'll come up with, and a Necro-Claw-Firestormer certainly sounds interesting. But I don't think it could and should replace this build here.

This one is perfect for so many reasons. It's a perfect league starter. It's perfect for SSF. It's perfect for beginners who just want to start playing and need a guideline to work along and learn the mechanics on the run. It also provides an astonishingly smooth leveling curve.

And once you know what you're doing, it's easily adaptable depending on the gear you find and even for other skills - I played it with ball lightning, and it worked perfectly.

This is one of the builds that is referred to always and everywhere when newbies ask how to get into the game without horribly failing. Additionally, with the new support in the next league I guess we will see a much larger impact of SSF players than usually who will want to use it (I certainly will). It would be a pity if this wasn't possible any more because suddenly it's dependent on certain uniques.

Of course it's not particularly made for high end content, but I think that's not what it's aimed at. People who want to go for the highest red maps will (should) know that the difficulty will ramp up enormously and that they have to minmax.

My own experience right now: I started the league in December, wanted to vomit when I met my first Haku in the Mud Flats, wanted to vomit again when when I realised that the breaches are purple (seriously? again?!), got seriously ill when I stumbled over the first trial in the prison. There's so many elements in this game that are so incredibly tedious. Decided not to torture myself and started a new SSF char on Standard. A few days ago it suddenly itched again, and I wanted to see how far I can get in the little time that is remaining. SSF again of course.

Took me until somewhere in the 70s till I found a Warlord's Mark. Still have no Anger because I'm too lazy to level another char to Act 3. And guess what? With this build, I can do without. I also could do without WM as long as I didn't have it. Of course it could be faster and safer. But it still works, even as gimped as I'm choosing to play it. I know that I'll never see the Shaper with this particular char, but atm my witch is 80, sitting at 5k EHP and breezing happily through yellow maps. With a lot of room to improve. Which is nice.

Apart from that, wouldn't it be weird if the first 80 pages of this thread suddenly became completely irrelevant?
Thanks a lot :)

You are absolutely right about starting a new thread. It was the first thing that came to mind as well. But I noticed that I tend to spend... well a lot of time in a single build. Popping up another build... Well I tried it quite some times, but It just drains too much of my energy so to say(sorry those who were hyped by my meltdown build ._.).

And, well. I haven't been playing the elementist firestormer for the past couple of leagues. I mean, I do play a bit on standard, but I don't level them in the temp leagues. I made one this league, but halfway through, I redid a necromancer version, since it just played... way better. You could say I wanted to focus on the other build instead. In other words, I wanted to evolve this firestormer in a stronger version!

I didn't want to delete the current firestorm build of course. I wanted to move it to the second post, and possibly update it a bit so it's truly SSF(possibly get some mana nodes, possibly put Clarity in there). But I want this build to be foremost, a good start for newer players.

But I'll think about it. Perhaps I will make a new topic. Perhaps I'll put the necromancer post in the second post, and keep the elementist one, still as the main build.

Thanks, I'll be thinking about it. If others have their opinion on this case, please let me know!
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
How can you run thunder and anger at the same time?
"
First off: Sorry for not being responsive the past couple of weeks. There have been some issues around my health.

Having that said, I'm still planning on a good revamp of this build. I'll most likely await the 2.6 patch notes before I go through with it. But if things stay the way they are now, I'll plan on making the following changes to the build:
- Change the ascendancy from Elementalist to Necromancer
- Drop HoT and apply curses mainly through blasphemy(and possibly through Kitava's)
- Instead of any weapon, we'll be using Unique claws(starting with 2x Cybil's Paws, transitioning into 1x Cybils and 1x Scourge)

Being new the game and not going through a respec before, will it be possible to respec my current lvl 87 character in Standard League using this new build guide?
"
Thanks a lot :)

You are absolutely right about starting a new thread. It was the first thing that came to mind as well. But I noticed that I tend to spend... well a lot of time in a single build. Popping up another build... Well I tried it quite some times, but It just drains too much of my energy so to say(sorry those who were hyped by my meltdown build ._.).

And, well. I haven't been playing the elementist firestormer for the past couple of leagues. I mean, I do play a bit on standard, but I don't level them in the temp leagues. I made one this league, but halfway through, I redid a necromancer version, since it just played... way better. You could say I wanted to focus on the other build instead. In other words, I wanted to evolve this firestormer in a stronger version!

I didn't want to delete the current firestorm build of course. I wanted to move it to the second post, and possibly update it a bit so it's truly SSF(possibly get some mana nodes, possibly put Clarity in there). But I want this build to be foremost, a good start for newer players.

But I'll think about it. Perhaps I will make a new topic. Perhaps I'll put the necromancer post in the second post, and keep the elementist one, still as the main build.

Thanks, I'll be thinking about it. If others have their opinion on this case, please let me know!

Please don't nuke this build. This is the build that saved POE for me. I learned all the mechanics playing this build due to the diligence and depth of your guide. I went into breach never intending to make it past mid tier maps, but to just have fun and this build has allowed me to do so in some very mediocre gear.

I really look forward to your Necromancer build, and if it is indeed more fun and stronger than this I will love playing it, but this build is PERFECT for new players, I have referenced it probably 6 times in 2 days on Reddit since the expansion hype.
i know this build is easily ssf viable, but for the upcoming ssf league i was wondering if this could make it to the level 90+ or would [Lighty]Bladefall Totem's be a better candidate to iron man the league with one character only?
Hi, thanks for this awesome build. Many builds claim to be cheap, but this one surely feels cheap considering I breezed through to merc in self-solo. I wanted to point out an error however.

In your leveling tree section, when we get elemental overload, you said to switch from Controlled Destruction to Increased AOE. However it should Increased Duration.

Thanks again.
Last edited by wurfenking on Feb 20, 2017, 5:07:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info