[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

Thanks for the build and easy to follow guide. As a new player (came in at the end of Essence) the guide really helped explain a lot of the game to me. The only times I died in Breach SC were only when I'd get lazy and not keep my character moving. I played all self found up until about lvl 81 when I decided to buy a helmet and a shield for 1c each just to try out how trading worked. I really didn't need to buy anything though.

Thanks again. I appreciate the time you put into it and I look forward to any future builds you do.
Thank you very much for this excellent guide ! Playing self found in Softcore Breach, lvl 84 and everything is going smoothly.

I just have a remark : I don't understand why you take energy shield and mana regeneration at the very start of the tree. The energy shield is negligible, and I don't think the mana regeneration is needed. Maybe in the early game, but definitely not after you have taken other mana regen nodes. And I can't see how this skill point is not better invested in Normal Oak for example.

Thanks again for the very good guide !

Is there a good mana jewel people are using?
Playing as SSF, I've loved this build so far - Level 71 and eating Merc to Maps - 0 legit deaths (I died twice to AFK)... EXCEPT. I can't do Cruel Izauro. Granted I'm still 4L and have 3.1k EHP, he completely ignores the zombies, golem and skeletons from the totem. Even with Concentrated Effect, he's chasing me around nonstop to the point I hardly have time to get any casts off - I simply cannot out DPS him. And the 1-2 second "standstill" caused by Spell Echo guarantees I'll take damage and it wears down my flasks.

Also note I still don't have Warlord's Mark (one hasn't dropped) so no Endurance Charges. I assume that'd make a big difference in survivability? (but the issue seems to be I just can't DPS him well at all).

I've never had a L71 that couldn't do Cruel Izzy, but I've never played SSF before. My resists are maxed (except cold which is 70). Firestorm DPS is 1.3K.

Any recommendations? Am I stuck until I get a 5L and higher DPS?
Last edited by MooginatorSSF on Jan 13, 2017, 7:03:56 PM
"
valient_dude wrote:

I've been looking to swap out my jewel for this build and have the following 3 that I'm considering:

For the 3rd one, I'm not sure if there's enough buffs running to make it worthwhile.
"
MooginatorSSF wrote:
Also note I still don't have Warlord's Mark (one hasn't dropped) so no Endurance Charges. I assume that'd make a big difference in survivability?

Warlord's Mark also gives you 2% life leech for any damage type. Leeching back 2% of your Firestorm damage will be a huge boost to survivability.
Thanks for that guide, works well for me (lvl 85 and geared as well as i could).
had fun running this last league. i saw your PewPewPewImmaShadow character i was wondering if were working on a scorching ray cast while channeling firestorm variant this league. if so do you have any tips for sustaining dps once you hit 50's?

I am using three dragons. Will this ring increase the shock chance and is it good to use for this build?

Thanks
Last edited by TheHumanTorch on Jan 20, 2017, 7:14:03 PM
"
YT_HB wrote:
"
valient_dude wrote:

I've been looking to swap out my jewel for this build and have the following 3 that I'm considering:

For the 3rd one, I'm not sure if there's enough buffs running to make it worthwhile.

Found a couple more jewels today that might work well with this build:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info