[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

@LauranvH: Quality gems? Well, to be honest, I always make sure my main skill is 20%, so Firestorm in this case. Besides that, I make sure my raise Zombies is also 20%, as 20% life AND movement speed is quite big :)

As for the CwDT: You can max it. I heard some people like to leave it at level 14, or 11. They are all fine really, whatever you prefer best.

The reason I mentioned both ES and Armour is because that way, getting the right colors on your gear will be easier. We do not invest into either Armour or ES(although if you really want to focus on something, ES would be your best bet).

The Moonsorrow is just a very cheap weapon to start mapping with. If your current wand is better, keep it. It's by far not the best you can get. But it's good enough. If you find or have something better, use it! Remember, that tooltip isn't everything. Tooltip does not reflect increases and decreases in Cast speed(just for firestorm that is)

@Gezeitenkoenig: There is no best. Seriously, you can pick whatever you want, and it will still work great. For example, I've been using both Cybil's Paw and the Scourge on certain Firestormers. Other times, I just have a wand and shield. Even made one with a Pledge of Hands(two handed staff). Pick whatever you feel comfortable with. If you are really unsure, get a shield, and whatever one hander you find, so you have plenty of defences at least :)

@karshberlg: Thanks! I've done Atziri and Uber Izaro with this build. Haven't attempted Uber Atziri(I should get onto it soon, got plenty of sets on standard). Tried Minotaur once, he slaughtered me. But that was before looking into boss mechanics and the likes. I'm positive that if I try him a few times more often, I could probably take him down.
I haven't been able to play as much as I want last and this league. So I haven't tried as much as I'd like sadly. The higher you get with this build, the more important mechanics get. This build relies mostly on your meatshields, and has relatively little mitigation. The higher you go, the more important it is to play around your meatshield, and dodge enemy attacks.

@Mezh: Go for it. Drop Controlled Destruction :)

@RJonesUSC: Yes, there is. In general, Vaal Skillgems are stronger versions of their normal counterpart, but you can only use them after killing certain amounts of monsters. Less reliable, but once it's up, it is very strong :)

@Chrono16_: I personally always level them to max. We gain well over 5K HP with proper end game gearing, having it trigger after we take around 3K life is fine. Don't forget, we are always leeching, so the exact HP we will be, will be high above the 2K HP(Unless we took 3 from a single hit). You can leave them at a lower level if you want to though. Both should work fine :)

@T5309: We spec in both Fire damage, AoE and duration. There aren't many other fire spells that use all of these as tags, unless I'm forgetting some(kinda late here)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
First of all thangs for the build. I am playing PoE only when I'm sick / on holidays and this was funny enough to play.

Question: My curses do not seem to trigger at all. Ever. I do not get any endurance charges. What am I doing wrong? I got the mentioned 4 link setup, Herald of Thunder is activated, I have the Shaper of Desolation ascendancy.

//Edit: I did not even know you need a passive for applying the second curse. OK, that makes sense then.
Last edited by shibuyaku on Jan 5, 2017, 11:07:50 AM
Hi

Can You guys check my char (Khaleesi_PL) and tell me what i should invest first for upgrade ? I am looking for more survivability.Can spend 1ex
Is anyone else finding the combo of HoT with curse on hit to be practically useless? I've set it up recently switching from self cast, which I had doubts about in the first place, and switched out faster casting for innervate linked with my firestorm. I've done several runs and have not since the HoT proc even a single time. So I basically have curses that are worthless. :/, any ideas?
Hi all, I'm new to the game and have a gearing question. In terms of gem skill set-up, where would we fit the lightning golem in our gear? There doesn't seem to be a 4-link slot available for it, and I don't see an example in your own gear set-up (only has a flame golem).
@Buohuang you should have 3 pieces with 4 link -> shoes - helmet - gloves now if you miss out on a gem of those i'd recommend ditching the minion move speed. having the HoT - CoH - 2x curse on 1 piece &on the other the double golem 40% increased dmg for fire& lightning + a faster casted flame dash to get out quick.
HOWEVER!! Using a spell dmg dagger +whirling blades & faster atk is also optional if you prefer the whriling blades mobility over flame dash.

Now
How much mana is everyone rolling with? I'm rolling with around 330 at the moment and don't really have any problems, but I've had to take a couple mana nodes....
So, there isn't a section about skill gen levels, but you wouldn't want cwdt to be high, correct? Maybe level 1-5?

Edit: I do see it in the comments. I'll just figure out what works best for. E
Last edited by T5309 on Jan 11, 2017, 9:14:18 AM
I'm newbie player and this is most useful guide I have ever seen.

I was wondering if this build will work well also with two handed staff instead of a wand and shield?

What should I change regarding gems, other pieces of gear or passive abilities ?

I've just been leveling my CWDT to about 70-80%% of my life+ES. Eventually this will mean it's fully leveled, but at about 3500+800. I just want to make sure it fires before I die.

My only problem is everything so far has been trivial after I got the build up and working properly, except when it isn't and I die in half a second. But I suppose this is a typical experience these days for nearly any build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info