[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

"
CoolColJ wrote:
IMO CwC firestorm is better than self cast, way lower mana cost, higher cast frequency and you can remove the latency of spell echo

you can replace spell echo and faster casting with the CwC setup.
up to 3 times a second and lower mana cost sounds pretty good to me

and you get another damage spell to go with it.

Pick from flameblast, scorching ray or incinerate.
Flameblast has some synergy - being AOE, and while you channel, you can leech with firestorm, and anything left over will be blasted by it

I tried this setup last night and it's amazing how little mana is used. I'm able to have everything running without the mana dropping at all. This setup definitely helps in breaches as well as it kills everything including the giant yellow monsters (I'm new so I'm not sure the best name for things) very fast. I was able to kill 3 yellows along with all the rest of the monsters without losing any mana or life (in merc).

The one thing that it's lacking at is clear speed rushing just to gain XP. It's not as fast to level up only because I can't cast and run as quickly.

Thanks for the idea on changing this setup a bit. I'll definitely be swapping out these 2 gems (I've been using scorching ray with it) when the situation calls for it.

Now I just need to figure out how to get Warlord's Mark as a witch. Does that drop randomly or do I need to setup a new character that can buy it from Clarissa?
Last edited by RJonesUSC on Dec 15, 2016, 4:10:15 PM
Quick post about Cast when Channel
I've tested it as well, and came to the following conclusions:

Pro's:
- More damage. Not a lot more, but still more(we lost around .10 cast time but get around 10% more damage in return)
- You stop casting the moment you release the button, never get locked into place.

Cons:
- Takes a little bit of time to get started
- Leaves you immobile, as you can not run in between casts
- Will most likely get nerfed.

For now, I'll leave the guide as it is now. Mostly because of the last point. It's very strong in the current meta, and can easily be abused(yes, I'm abusing it on another character :D). Plus, it will make things overly complicated for newer players. The guide is already quite complex. I might add variations to the guide though. As the longer I play, the more variations are discovered :)

Will get back on your questions hopefully soon!
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"

Pro's:
- More damage. Not a lot more, but still more(we lost around .10 cast time but get around 10% more damage in return)
- You stop casting the moment you release the button, never get locked into place.

Cons:

For now, I'll leave the guide as it is now. Mostly because of the last point. It's very strong in the current meta, and can easily be abused(yes, I'm abusing it on another character :D). Plus, it will make things overly complicated for newer players. The guide is already quite complex. I might add variations to the guide though. As the longer I play, the more variations are discovered :)

I would like to see that CWC gems are ao i can test it (im new to this game)
"
JASenpai wrote:
"

Pro's:

Cons:

I would like to see that CWC gems are ao i can test it (im new to this game)

I'm running this on a 6-link right now. Basically just replace spell echo and faster casting/innervate with Cast While Channeling and whichever channeling skill you decide to use. I'm currently running with Scorching ray because it's faster to start dropping firestorm, has good damage, and uses almost no mana. (Like seriously, without Warlord's Mark up it would take like a full minute for my mana to deplete.)

So, my gems are currently:

Firestorm -> Increased AOE -> Fire Penetration -> Increased Duration <- Cast while channeling <- Scorching Ray
@ Appels_Zijn_Gezond
"

Pro's:

Cons:

I'm loving the build, trying out the CwC aspect of it and going for ES, take a look! would love some feedback :D
Last edited by jalowery on Dec 15, 2016, 7:02:59 PM
First of all:

Thanks for this awesome guide!! the build feels really strong and is even understandable for a newcomer (or returning player).

I am currently lvl 68 and so far didn't had any troubles (except for izaro on normal lololol)

But I got a question:
Would this build with some adjustments work with Flameblast instead of Firestorm? I am thinking about for example procing the active of herald of thunder and other synergies.

Thanks for the awesome work OP
Not OP, but mostly yes. The only difference would be drop all the "skill duration" nodes and take something else. Cast speed, damage, mana regen or leech, or something to that effect. But all the elemental damage is fine and the minions are fine.
Hey there

I was wondering

Does there come a threshhold for when it's not effective to stack firepen / reduced elemental resistance?

I'm using firestorm in a pledge (Firestorm - FC - Fire pen - IAoE - Ele focus), cursing with flammability and warlord's mark and having Mastermind of Discord. My plan was to get Xoph's blood aswell.

That would be 25% penetration from Mastermind of Discord, 37% from Fire Penetration gem and 10% from Xoph's Blood adding up to 72% fire penetration.

And then the 44% reduced fire penetration from flammability.

Is it worth stacking up that large of an amount?
Or would it be worth skipping flammability / Xoph's Blood for something else instead?

Current tree
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAQAANUjNwBo37CCEI-mRKtVriycEFiHZa-3MjQfAgQHg9tVxjpYrJjxbDbYSRsqjexV6-RfKkyz0B_v65eVUlM9X5f0bRkI9MBUakO86jbF2CRWSKcI6-6FMhzcjxoy0UVHwGYEs6IA4XOaO5_f73ztPNWmgpvsODrYJy-QVRo4hXtmVHy7PQ-vpxzOK1ANzf5UxPbGrjwtg1-DzLc-_grYvTWS8kU64aZXTeP-j0GH-eiCxx2-M4cD7vAfaPJ8S5Z0iFpewNn8CarAmouM-d2drprgRZ1TUgAAAAAA

Planned tree
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAQAAOMjNwBv37CCEI-mRKtVriycEFiHZa-3MjQfAgQHg9tVxjpYrJjxbDbYSRsqjexV6-RfKkyz0B_v65eVUlM9X5f0bRkI9MBUakO86jbF2CRWSKcI6-6FMhzcjxoy0UVHwGYEs6IA4XOaO5_f73ztPNWmgpvsODrYJy-QVRo4hXtmVHy7PQ-vpxzOK1ANzf5UxPbGrjwtg1-DzLc-_grYvTWS8kU64aZXTeP-j0GH-eiCxx2-M4cD7vAfaPJ8S5Z0iFpewNn8CarAmouM-d2drprgRZ1TUhg8vScYVgN1kStYd18EAAAAAAA=

Gear

Cast time is 0,26sec and average damage being around 2-2,5k with IAoE

EDIT
Would Ngamahu Tiki maybe give more dmg (60-70% increased fire dmg) than the additional 10% fire pen from Xoph's Blood?

EDIT 2
I ran the numbers to see the difference in dps between 10% additional penetration against a mob with 45% resistance or 65% fire damage from Ngamahu Tiki. Tiki gives slightly more dmg, but I think Xoph's have more generelt stats to offer, and also the Ash debuff seems interesting with Xoph.

Still interested in your take
Last edited by Groffzee on Dec 16, 2016, 4:37:59 AM
As a total newbie; is this build still viable at endgame? Can I use it with my own dropped items?

I'm trying to decide bewteen Arc build or this one
"
Mordrigar wrote:
As a total newbie; is this build still viable at endgame? Can I use it with my own dropped items?

I'm trying to decide bewteen Arc build or this one

Well, I cant really talk about the build in this guide, as I'm running another variation of firestorm (Still Witch Elementalist though). I'm currently rocking T9 maps (highest I've got so far) being lvl 85, and it feels quite good!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info