[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

I created an account just to say Thanks to OP.
I started yo play one week ago and i pick this build while i try to learn to play.
Im having trouble in Merciless but, love the game.
Thanks!
Maybe it was allready asked in this long thread, but how does an empower Level 4 compare in the firestorm links (instead of cd/ Inc. duration maybe?)
Hey man.

Don't know if someone tried this, or have some sort of experience with it, as I dind't want to go through the hassle of reading 71 pages.

I was wondering what your opinion on a utilizing Pledge of Hands, getting that extra socket, and then use the 100% increased mana by going MoM.

This is the tree I've been fiddling with
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAOMjNwBv37CCEI-mRKtVriycEFiHZR8CBAeD21XGOlismPFsNthJGyqN7FXr5F8qTLNSUz1fl_RtGQj0wFRqQ7zq0B_v6zbF2CRWSKcI6-6FMhzcjxoy0UVHwGYEs6IA8B9o8nxLlnThc5o7gpuf3-987TzVpuw4OtgnL5BVGjiFe2ZUtz7-Cti9NZL-j03jplc64fJFgscdvjOHA-756EGH2fwJqsCai4z53YhaXsB8uz0Pr6cczitQDc3-VIPMPC2DX8auxPaa4EWdU1IyNK-3l5WQ-t9tTIvvSxekEzXUB9yNAAAAAAA=

Current tree
http://poeplanner.com/AAQAANcjNwBpA-4EBwSzCPQJqgxfDc0QWBo4HKcczhzcHb4fAicvKo0rUCycMjQy0TOHNsU22DpYOtg64TwtPQ89X0GHRKtFR0WdSRtMs03jUlNTUlOlVa5VxlZIXsBfKmjyakNtGXxLfLuCEIKbgseDX4PMg9uFModliFqLjI-mkFWWdJeVl_SaO5rgn9-iAKZXpwismK-nr7e3PrzqwFTAZsCaxPbGrtWm2CTYvdn837Dhc-vk6-7sOOxV7TzvfPAf8WzyRfnd-ej-Cv5UEzUXpEyLkPrfbe9LAAAAAAA=

My current gear

I'm currently sitting at 4,5k hp and ~2,5k mana with ~95mana/sec with clarity (lvl 14).

Final gem setup

Firestorm
Faster Casting
Controlled Destruction / IAoE / Conc
Elemental Focus
Fire Penetration
Empower
(Spell echo from PoH)

Orb of Storms - CoH - Flammability - Warlord's Mark / IAoE

CWDT - IC - ID

Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark

Spelltotem - Scorching Ray - Faster Casting - ID
OR
Raize Zombie - Minion life - Minion resist - Minion speed

Clarity

Flame Dash

Lightning golem

Fire golem

(Enduring cry / Rallying cry)

Utilizing Deodre's Damning to gain both Warlord's Mark and Flammability.
Warlord's Mark for leech which helps top of mana and life, and also gaining endurance charges (currently 4 with bandit) - getting phys mitigation and longer IC procs.
Flammability for damage.

I was using both curses as "Orb of Storms - CoH - Warlord's Mark - Flammability", but found that having to put Orb of Storms up for every pack was agonizing, and not having Warlord's Mark up all the time significantly reduced survivability. By having such a high mana pool, I could afford having both a blasphemy and clarity up and still have enough unreserved for MoM to do it's job.

I still need the über points for the additional golem, which will probally help quite a bit, and I've been thinking of using "Xoph's Blood" for life and damage, and maybe also "Belly of the Beast" and then change the helmet for a high HP resistance one. Maybe getting around ~5.5k hp with those item and then with MoM having ~7k eHP.

My problem is becoming that I can't take high sustained damage from Breach Lords etc.

Do you have some inputs for optimizing or changing something up? I was thining of trying those zombie's out for meatshields, but would they survive longer periods of sustained damage, like Breach Lords? Because if they just die, and I have to resummon in the fight, it would be quite a hassle. Also, it would have to be in place of "Spelltotem - Scorching Ray - Faster Casting - ID".

EDIT
Might just add that I've been thinking of speccing out of Combat Stamina freeing up 3 points. The reason for that being that I dont really gain much from the increased armour, as those are my only increases, and that I wont go for high armour pieces, as it would be a pain to get all the blue sockets then (alot of off-colours!)

EDIT 2
Maybe taking the staff block nodes for 5 points getting an additional 10% block and then a Rumi's Concotion too, ending at ~40% block. Could that be worth it?
Last edited by Groffzee on Dec 13, 2016, 7:01:52 AM
just updated my privacy settings and im beginning to take this on as an ES build, got really lucky with a 6l chest. Could someone take a look at my gear and give me some feedback> would be heavily appreciated!!
Many days following this guide... Very well explained and detailed!

But I have a question... with the Granite Flask.. .it's not needed to build Armour?

Only life and Energy Shield from items? No Str + Int items, am I right?

Thanks for your help!
Hello man,

really thanks for the guide. It helped me a lot.
I made a few small changes, i am using Warlords Mark with Blasphemy. I passed on some zombie nodes and zombie gems and i am using vaal summon skeletons as meat shield to ranged bosses.
Second change is Vaal Pact(synergy with blasphemy)

What do u think about those changes ? Do u have any other way how to outsustain late content then this ?
Can u give me some gear change advices ? (Now i am looking for Infernal mantle with 4B+2R for Empower lvl 4... is it good option ?)

Character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/FerryUltra/characters
"
IMO CwC firestorm is better than self cast, way lower mana cost, higher cast frequency and you can remove the latency of spell echo

you can replace spell echo and faster casting with the CwC setup.
up to 3 times a second and lower mana cost sounds pretty good to me

and you get another damage spell to go with it.

Pick from flameblast, scorching ray or incinerate.
Flameblast has some synergy - being AOE, and while you channel, you can leech with firestorm, and anything left over will be blasted by it

That sounds so juicy O.O definitely will try that out
"
CoolColJ wrote:
IMO CwC firestorm is better than self cast, way lower mana cost, higher cast frequency and you can remove the latency of spell echo

Flameblast has some synergy - being AOE, and while you channel, you can leech with firestorm, and anything left over will be blasted by it

We have just tried it and it is freaking more powerful just love it thanks for the advice. We did flameblast change with the cwc gem.
"
CoolColJ wrote:

I'm really intrigued by this. It's definitely faster. I recommend Scorching Ray. It's 1142 avg damage for me and it's really fast at casting firestorm. A quick 180* spin gives a full circle of overlapping firestorms. Not to mention its own damage. Still need to try in higher maps to see how it does against bosses.
i managed to 6l a shavs last night and decided to build around it using this build, would love to have some feedback ^.^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info