[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

"
OHLAWD wrote:
"
OHLAWD wrote:
Dumb question, what skill is supposed to be triggering kitavas helm?

Anyone? Firestorm doesn't seem to be the case?

Need a 6-link chest running

Spell Echo-Elemental focus-Fire pen-Efficacy-Firestorm-Controlled destruction

Basically replace faster casting w/Efficacy and you should start procing it.

Pew^3, I don't play this build, but I still remember your Incinerate build with CWDT-LWarp from way back. It was one of the first builds I really enjoyed and got me hooked into POE. Just wanted to say thanks again :)
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
I just got to end game with the elementalist version of the build, but now I'm a little lost. Is there any specific uniques I should be looking for, or just try to upgrade my rare items into better ones?
"
Renoke wrote:
I just got to end game with the elementalist version of the build, but now I'm a little lost. Is there any specific uniques I should be looking for, or just try to upgrade my rare items into better ones?

Exactly my thoughts. No recommended endgame gear or anything. I made over 70c (and propably about 50c in other currencies) with this build and I'm not sure should I invest more in it or just switch to something else.
"
Kaz1K wrote:
"
Renoke wrote:

Exactly my thoughts. No recommended endgame gear or anything. I made over 70c (and propably about 50c in other currencies) with this build and I'm not sure should I invest more in it or just switch to something else.

Look at DirtyDot's character profile. He posted a couple threads up. He has some VERY nice equipment, using all of 2 uniques. Notice the +712 to life, 34% movement and the .2% leach on his main weapon. His is a pure Firestorm build but unless your doing the quirky Necromancer Ascendancy build its all the same.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DirtyDot/characters

Notice the words "Cheap" and "SSF" in the title of the thread. This build needs almost no equipment until Red maps. Not playing much in this league but made it to the start of act XI and have spent I think all of 2 Chaos and 3 Alchs. I did get lucky and get the Tabula Rasa prophecy. The main issue with the build is you can not see anything with the Firestorm coming down, this makes seeing the boss animations difficult.

"
Destrad wrote:

Look at DirtyDot's character profile. He posted a couple threads up. He has some VERY nice equipment, using all of 2 uniques. Notice the +712 to life, 34% movement and the .2% leach on his main weapon. His is a pure Firestorm build but unless your doing the quirky Necromancer Ascendancy build its all the same.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DirtyDot/characters

Notice the words "Cheap" and "SSF" in the title of the thread. This build needs almost no equipment until Red maps. Not playing much in this league but made it to the start of act XI and have spent I think all of 2 Chaos and 3 Alchs. I did get lucky and get the Tabula Rasa prophecy. The main issue with the build is you can not see anything with the Firestorm coming down, this makes seeing the boss animations difficult.

If you are interested, my build is explained here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1944728/
It is Firestorm done right for the higher end game content and is many times stronger.
I'm new to the game and I made my first character following this build. It's worked out great! I breezed through all 10 acts, the first 3 labyrinths, and all the maps I've found yet (up to T6). My gear is still terrible, but this build compensates well for it.

I have a question. Would Iron Will be better than Controlled Destruction? I'm probably missing something, but it looks like it should be. We end up with a lot of strength in this build. I'm at ~200 now.

Controlled Destruction at lv 20 gives 44% spell damage and 100% reduced crit

Iron Will at lv 20 gives 38% spell damage + 1% per 5 str (about 40 for me)

The crit doesn't seem to matter, but it looks like Iron Will should come out way ahead on spell damage alone... 78 vs 44, and maybe more if you end up with a lot of incidental +str on gear. I can't find information on the effect of quality for CD, but for Iron Will, it's 0.5% per quality point. CD probably gets a bigger boost from quality, but I doubt it's enough to make up the difference. Am I missing something?

EDIT: I found an explanation elsewhere that makes sense. Controlled Destruction is a multiplicative bonus, whereas Iron Will is an additive bonus with all the other 'increased' modifiers. Big newbie hint, 'more' is better than 'increased' in most cases.
Last edited by Lemabelle on Aug 18, 2017, 2:46:12 PM
Spelling mistake under paragon of calamity explanation, "Never" instead of newer
This is my first witch I've ever made.

I'm just curious which flasks you guys would recommend (along with which affixes). I currently have 1 regular health flask, 1 instant/bubbling hp flask, 1 quicksilver, 1 mana, and 1 granite. I heard I want at least 1 flask to remove bleed, and 1 to remove freeze, on which flasks would I want those effects?

Thanks
I really do love this build thou I have a quick question that maybe someone who knows more then me might answer. Whats better, clarity aura, which at max gives 17.2 mana per second or a clear mind gem that gives 30% increased mana regen rate and 56% increased damage if no mana is reserved. It seems like the clarity would give more mana regen(At least at the low level I am at, it does) but 56% damage is damn nice. What would you guys suggest?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info