[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

Am I doing something wrong? The build melts stuff pretty easily (although it has slowed down considerably since the end of Act 4), but now in Act 5 and even in Act 4 I've been taking tons of damage and needing to use a life flask frequently.

Is that normal? My resistances are capped or near capped (58% light res), but I only have a 15% block chance and hardly any armor. Is that just how the build is supposed to be played, dodging around/not letting yourself tank any damage? My character is in my profile, Flaming_Jigga, if maybe my gear is the problem.

Thanks for any tips/insight.
which way is best to get the 113 dextery required for The ScourgeTerror Claw in necro build?
Hey Jigga. I just reached act 9 with this build, and I've only died to a few bosses along the way, so I'll try and answer your questions. Your character tab is set to private so I can't see what your gear is, so I'll answer in a general sense.

This definitely isn't a facetank build--that's why we have our meat/bone shields to tank the damage for us while we burn the enemies from afar. We're definitely not meant to tank damage ourselves--that's what flame dash is for, so we can quickly move away from the mobs while our minions keep them occupied, and our firestorm kills them. Using life flasks often is to be expected--it's only if you're dying frequently that you should worry. Capping resistances is always good, but you can always try and get more/better health mods on your gear.

This build doesn't put any points on block chance or armor, so they're meant to be low, if we have any at all. Especially when a lot of our gear ends up being caster items since the majority of our gems are blue. So aside from mods adding armor(which I don't recall if Witch's gear can get) you'll probably have more energy shield than armor.

If you really wanna be more tanky, you can try swapping for Templar gear(armor/ES hybrid) rather than Witch gear, but it'll be harder to get all the right socket colors in this case. You could also swap one of your golems for a Stone Golem--I believe that's the one that gives physical damage reduction. You'll lose out on either some damage or cast speed this way, though.

Which, if you want more damage, there's three pools of it that we can pull from. Spell, Fire, and Elemental. Try to get all three and not just focus on one, because I'm pretty sure they all multiply each other. Be sure to get some crafted mods on your gear if you haven't already. Catarina's bench can give spell damage on a wand, and Haku's/Elreon's can put resistances on armor and jewelry, too. Haku's can also put health mods on armor. You'll definitely want your six-link chest piece, too. I was lucky enough to get a Tabula Rasa drop around level 20, and my damage has been great ever since while using a six-link. It allowed me to focus more on my damage passives than my minions defense up until now because I killed most things before they could do much damage to me, if they reached me at all.

Well, that's my two cents. Hope it helped until OP can give you a response!
Thanks for the reply, Caedis. That definitely answers my question. I haven't died yet, but just wanted to be sure I was using the right playstyle.
I am about to do Izaro for the third time and I'm not really sure what to pick now. I am doing the Necromancer version and this part got chopped off the guide!

I picked Mistress of Sacrifice and Soul Eater so far. My thought is to pick Flesh Binder and then Commander of Darkness on Uber Lab, but I'm really not sure if this is the correct way to proceed.
Ey man.
First i wanna compliment on your writing: tons of useful stuff, all very well-written.
Im using your build as my first char, and it is awsome for starting i came to see.
Just started mapping, and i spent like 15-20 c in gearing and still works like a charm. Alot of room for improvement too!

I wanted to tell you that i'm gonna try double curse: if i figured my sockets well, i should have room to run blas+warlord's* and curse on hit+orb+smt (i wast thinking about flammability, so when you drop the orb you get the discord buff and the curse on top).
I think that, with the amount of mana regen, this can sustain blasph+clarity and still have mana to spam FS and take hits.
To get whispers of doom, i was thinking to drop grave intentions and a minor life node (some 5% increase), and getting rid of increased duration (so sad) would free the room for the socket i need.

->* edit: the question is dumb, i figured myself =D
Spoiler
On warlord's note: i figured is kinda a balanced offense/defense curse right? I mean, the stun increase is nice, but let me ask (and sorry if you already wrote this, i did not bother to check 100+ pages of replyes): do the mana and life leach apply on the fire storm?
If they do, is definitely the go-to curse. Otherwise, i wonder if it would be better to run something more defensive like enfeeble or t-chains.

edit: currently running the dual curse and i like it very much: things melts when i drop the orb, and the sustain is great. As added bonus, i still using a f*ing 4 link setup for my storm, and still run smooth.
The only issue is when i get hit with lots of attacks in a blink of an eye, in that case i have mana problems. I think this wuold be fixed by using a Lavianga's Spirit, but it cost a ton RN (around 40c), so i guess ill just gonna be on point with flame dash x)

Thanks in advance, and i apologize for the wall of text, and for my spelling, not native!

Cheers again for the build!
Last edited by jacksan86 on Aug 9, 2017, 12:48:54 PM
Hello! I didn't see you mention any jewels in this guide. So do you have any suggestions what to pick up? Thanks!

EDIT: I also would like to ask about the Pantheons. Which one to choose??
Last edited by Witchixy on Aug 9, 2017, 8:55:14 AM
Can anyone tell me what end game uniques I should go for? Is div/carcus jack still a thing in this build?
Hey, just wondering why we don't take the explosive impact cluster
Hey, I was following your Necromancer version and enjoying but I'm kinda lost at what to do.. any idea when you will fix up that guide?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info