Code of Conduct and Valued Posters

This should make a lot of people strive for a better environment on the forums, like a small mini game to be as a good forum member as possible.
hi <3 I stream at twitch.tv/sjatar_
I hope this represents a change to your policy or protecting and encouraging scammers and liars and punishing people who try to report them.
Hardcore
"
Zaorish_9 wrote:
I hope this represents a change to your policy or protecting and encouraging scammers and liars and punishing people who try to report them.
The current policy does none of these things. All it does is prevent people from publicly naming accused scammers, because that encourages a "guilty until proven innocent" approach and opens the user up to potentially undeserved harassment. GGG seems to take scamming pretty seriously, you just have to give them the details through private channels (e.g. emailing support).

It seems to me that nothing has changed, based on one of the prohibitions in the code of conduct being "Personally attack or cause harm to the reputation of others".
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
This is a fantastic idea, assuming these people don't have to become yes men.
Hopefully it sparks a lot more in depth feedback.
Last edited by Xendran on Oct 21, 2015, 12:04:23 AM
Whenever I have publicly reported a scammer I was warned by a moderator to shut up or get banned.

Whenever I tried privately reporting them nothing happens.

Many other players reported the same expeeiences. That's the #1 thing I hate about poe's modertion, they seem to want to porteCT bad people. You must have some way to report the bad apples.
Hardcore
Last edited by Zaorish_9 on Oct 20, 2015, 7:53:05 AM
"
viperesque wrote:
"
Zaorish_9 wrote:
The current policy does none of these things. All it does is prevent people from publicly naming accused scammers, because that encourages a "guilty until proven innocent" approach and opens the user up to potentially undeserved harassment. GGG seems to take scamming pretty seriously, you just have to give them the details through private channels (e.g. emailing support).

It seems to me that nothing has changed, based on one of the prohibitions in the code of conduct being "Personally attack or cause harm to the reputation of others".

hahaha sure sure .... buries head in sand.

accounts renamed because people get well deserved bad reps in the community.
MTX / tabs / gear migrated to new accounts for same reason above.
did you see the +3 debacle ?

it's not people that are reporting others that are causing harm to the reputation of others.... it's the actions of those others that are causing harm to their own reputation and then GGG helping to protect them or re-anonymize ( my own new word ) them. Zaorish_9 was pretty accurate in his sentence; except maybe the "encouraging" part.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
Last edited by buhdunkadunk on Oct 20, 2015, 7:52:39 AM
I agree with buhdunkadunk. The end result of the "protect scammers" policy is an unfriendly and hostile community.

The game is great though I just avoid any interaction with other players due to so many risks.
Hardcore
Last edited by Zaorish_9 on Oct 20, 2015, 7:56:26 AM
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:
"
Zaorish_9 wrote:

hahaha sure sure .... buries head in sand.

accounts renamed because people get well deserved bad reps in the community.
MTX / tabs / gear migrated to new accounts for same reason above.
did you see the +3 debacle ?

it's not people that are reporting others that are causing harm to the reputation of others.... it's the actions of those others that are causing harm to their own reputation and then GGG helping to protect them or re-anonymize ( my own new word ) them. Zaorish_9 was pretty accurate in his sentence; except maybe the "encouraging" part.

but do you really think anything will be done to change that? i mean money is money, seems like this "lets protect douchebag scammers" policy has grown deep into the game now and i dont see anything changing anytime soon.
Last edited by idrgz on Oct 20, 2015, 8:04:53 AM
"
idrgz wrote:

but do you really think anything will be done to change that? i mean money is money, seems like this "lets protect douchebag scammers" policy has grown deep into the game now and i dont see anything changing anytime soon.

I do actually think they will change the policy some day. A simple update to the policy that reads something like this is all it would take:

we will no longer migrate MTX, tabs, gear, or characters between accounts when requested
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
No to the vp program. It's always a meaningless distinction that never includes the people it should and makes those who have it seem like they have a sense of 'I'm right cuz vp lurlz'.

It's unnecessary anyway in an age where most of the 'l33t' info isn't in these forums but rather youtube, streams or reddit etc.

It's also unnecessary because those that help are already going to regardless of vp tag.

No to your unnecessary social division!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info