Enhancing Poison

I'm really disappointed that the obvious x duration synergies were not included. It exists in almost every single RPG with such elements and would bring great strategy and further customization.

Maybe in the future.
"
Rory wrote:
Along with a host of other changes and additions coming in the next major patch, we're enhancing Path of Exile's poison system.

I do hope some of the changes include performance improvements to ground effects (or whatever it is in the engine that kills the frame rate).

I am usually the last one to whine, but boy are they reducing the FPS. I only noticed it during the crazy all-mods weekends in 1MSC - take desecrated ground/tar + shocking ground + beyond portals + ice nova shrine + lots of corpses and live mobs = unplayable. The game literally turns into a slide show and I run it from an SSD on an i5 4670K with a GTX 970 and 16 GB of RAM.

Please.

PS. One thing I haven't checked is if this slideshow is maybe caused by lockstep kicking in due to tons of things happening at the same time, and not the graphics engine lagging. I'm sure the devs know which one it is though.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Last edited by Jadran on Oct 19, 2015, 4:42:09 AM
So chaos resist is going to be a thing now? Versus viper exile/mobs...
IGN: MsAnnoyance
Finally Viper Strike will shine! Many new builds will appear, and as a fan of Bino's and Adder's I'm very excited!
CI >> Life
"
Chronodroid wrote:
Please include a way to penetrate chaos / poison resistance.

We move in the direction of the elements like fire, ice and ligthning. And there are some nasty, chaos-resistant mobs that even with vulnerability take ages to kill (5L fully specced out PA with lvl 21 +3bow and empower, cursed).

chaos / poison penetration nodes or a chaos /poison penetration gem would be loved for sure.

I remember last time Rory came in the Community Podcast he actually said Poison resistance mobs are almost non-existent now in the game. They got rid of "resistant to chaos" mod for many types of mobs over time. Now I know for those that are chaos resistant it's a pain in the ass, but given that state of the game a poison penetration mechanic would be way too op.
IGN : @Morgoth
"
Chronodroid wrote:

chaos / poison penetration nodes or a chaos /poison penetration gem would be loved for sure.

That'd just turn chaos into a fourth element. Currently its special flavor is the unique interaction with resistances and ES, I don't think (or hope) they want to move away from that.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
Duji wrote:
rip Blast Cascade

Why ?

"
Hrishi wrote:
Will we finally be able to use the poison bombs that the Alchemists of Act 3 use? :D

Spectres man ! :D

"
Hilbert wrote:
You really should make it more obvious that poison is something different than Chaos damage.

Most people call chaos poison damage and since poison damage can be applied from chaos damage and it stacks like viper strike(chaos damage) it will be confusing for new players.

It should be easier to understand that there is:
Physical Damage
Elemental Damage
Chaotic family Damage

Whatever family Damage in future

Totally agree.
I shall purify you in flame, noob of nightmare!
flame totem ( 100 % chaos ) will be fully broken...
IGN TylordRampage
"
Rory wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:

"
Rory wrote:
We're also improving the power of Melee Splash, and this will give the skill more longevity. The skill also deals much more initial hit damage.

How are you modifying it?
We're currently looking at boosting the base aoe and reducing the damage penalties on Melee Splash in general (Which does have a doubled effect on Degen). The aim is to bring some of the single-target skills, possibly including Viper Strike, more into the end-game meta. There are a handful of limitations, so they may never surpass some player favourites, but there will be new things to try out!

Have you considered just changing 'less damage' to 'less attack damage' like multistrike has? That would fix single target DoT builds and Infernal blow at the same time. Currently melee Puncture, VS and IB all suck ass because of it and lowering the penalty would mess up the Dual Strike balance versus AoE skills.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 19, 2015, 5:40:48 AM
WTB "pestilence" gem

on death, poision stacks are transfered to every unit within x range, duration is also reset.
ign: DreamsofIllusions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info