MoreRain: Life&ES CoC Discharge [2.2]

Fakener is still solid, but this build is solid too.

Updated the gear section with some new toys. :P
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Thanks for the build guide!

I've been enjoying the build, but seem to have single target issues. Vagan is near impossible to kill, as are some map bosses without adds.

Can you take a look at my setup and offer some suggestions? I get to about 76% crit with charges up (and then discharge), and about 56% without. Seems too low.

Spoiler

"
Dakilula wrote:
Thanks for the build guide!

I've been enjoying the build, but seem to have single target issues. Vagan is near impossible to kill, as are some map bosses without adds.

Can you take a look at my setup and offer some suggestions? I get to about 76% crit with charges up (and then discharge), and about 56% without. Seems too low.

Spoiler

I cannot seem to edit my original post, so just to add, lvl 79, 2100health/4600es, 1.95as, 60.4% crit (sorry added a crit node) running AA+Discipline and still working on mana issues.
"
Dakilula wrote:
I cannot seem to edit my original post, so just to add, lvl 79, 2100health/4600es, 1.95as, 60.4% crit (sorry added a crit node) running AA+Discipline and still working on mana issues.

Definitely get a Vagan dagger, with spell damage instead of increased phys.
"
wyvernfist wrote:
"
Dakilula wrote:

I've looked into that. Vagan Spell damage dagger suitable for the build is around 20ex. Non-legacy Mjolner is 12ex...

Not sure that 20 or 30% inc spell damage is going to make the difference on single target. I'm lacking CoC proc's.

Tree at 80

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABLMFQgceDXwN0Q5ID6sRLxFQEZYWvxslHNwgbiL0JIsmlSj6KgsqOCsKLdIy0TW5PV9BlkVHRnFJUUuuTLNQMFBCUlNTNVVLV8ld8l9qYeJjQ2ZUaPJsC20Zb55wUnBWcNV3B3_GgpuDCYV7hX2HE4nTjDaMdo8aj_qQG5MnlS6XlZf0mK2aE5o7nKShL6IApyuus7QMtve4k7mTvorAZsMJwzrK09DQ0PXZW9vU34rhc-kC6rrr7uv17DjwH_DV8h3z6g==?accountName=Dakilula&characterName=ERROR_COMMAND_INVALID

Last edited by Dakilula on Sep 15, 2015, 10:14:22 PM
"
Dakilula wrote:
"
wyvernfist wrote:
"
Dakilula wrote:

I've looked into that. Vagan Spell damage dagger suitable for the build is around 20ex. Non-legacy Mjolner is 12ex...

Not sure that 20 or 30% inc spell damage is going to make the difference on single target. I'm lacking CoC proc's.

Tree at 80

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABLMFQgceDXwN0Q5ID6sRLxFQEZYWvxslHNwgbiL0JIsmlSj6KgsqOCsKLdIy0TW5PV9BlkVHRnFJUUuuTLNQMFBCUlNTNVVLV8ld8l9qYeJjQ2ZUaPJsC20Zb55wUnBWcNV3B3_GgpuDCYV7hX2HE4nTjDaMdo8aj_qQG5MnlS6XlZf0mK2aE5o7nKShL6IApyuus7QMtve4k7mTvorAZsMJwzrK09DQ0PXZW9vU34rhc-kC6rrr7uv17DjwH_DV8h3z6g==?accountName=Dakilula&characterName=ERROR_COMMAND_INVALID

A decent vagan dagger 1.6 aps 8.3 crit or 1.7 aps 8.0 crit should cost 4ex completely finished. The ideal ones that have 1.7 aps and 8.3 crit are 20ex, but not a big improvement over the 4ex ones. Remember you can use Haku's "prefixes cannot be changed" to get a completely multimoded dagger for 6ex (as long as the regal is a suffix or a non-brick prefix).

Your dagger is definitely the biggest problem.

Last edited by MatrixFactor on Sep 16, 2015, 1:32:46 AM
Hey, i not long ago rolled a shadow for doeboys CoC build, but i'm failing :D

Is this build cheaper than his? or relatively the same? also you say u can do uber with a 5L. But on doeboys he says u need a 6L and that mirrored dagger. how does this work out?

If yours is cheaper and easier id probably roll yours :)

"

Remember you can use Haku's "prefixes cannot be changed" to get a completely multimoded dagger for 6ex (as long as the regal is a suffix or a non-brick prefix).

Are you suggesting that to craft, you
1) regal
2) toss on a "prefix cannot be changed"
3) chaos spam?

I've been regaling (hope for non brick)-> multimod-> x1->x2 finished. Is there a better way?
Last edited by Dakilula on Sep 16, 2015, 5:51:54 AM
Thanks for all of the advice on the dagger upgrade.

I upgraded to this:

It feels so much smoother now. I can just roll through content.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Remember you can use Haku's "prefixes cannot be changed" to get a completely multimoded dagger for 6ex (as long as the regal is a suffix or a non-brick prefix).

This doesn't work. I thought it would so I tried it a week ago. Used the Haku mod "prefixes cannot be changed" on a Vagan dagger with just one regaled suffix, then scoured normally. It turned back into a blue Vagan dagger with just the prefix "hits cannot be evaded" instead of remaining yellow. 2ex wasted. Looks like you can't have a one mod rare or the "hits cannot be evaded" mod is a special case.

That's why I said 6ex and not 4ex. :)

The method is:

1. Get a dagger with vagan + a bad suffix.
2. Elreon multimod + spell damage (or any other prefix) [2ex]
3. Haku's prefixes cannot be changed [2ex]
4. Scour
5. Elreon multimod atk speed, crit chance, spell dmg, added cold dmg to attacks [2ex]

----------

Daki, nice dagger, but the added lightning damage to spells ruins EE. If you can afford it, it's worth redoing that part. Ideally you should do spell dmg, crit chance, and added cold damage to ATTACKS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info