MoreRain: Life&ES CoC Discharge [2.2]

"
Dakilula wrote:
How high can you get with Chaos res? Boots, Helm seem to basically it...

re: auras, I'm using Disc and AA. I don't see myself taking that much damage due to reflect, and my resistances are capped. This leaves me with about 40% unreserved. Thoughts about MoM?

Chaos res can come on boots, helm, shield, belt, ring. I have it on 4 of those.

MoM is useless with 200 free mana. I'd run a purity that let's you focus on other resists in your gear.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Hey just wanted to say thx for the build, i played a Hybrid CoCWander and a Hybrid CoC Spectral Throw but was not sure if it would work with Cyclone.
Obviously it works like charm!

I respeced as a shadow and my tree is a bit different maybe you can have a look at the tree & current gear.

Spoiler

Current Stats:
3222 Life, 4238ES , 79/75/79/-9 Res, 74,93% Crit Chance without charges.

Tree

Would really like to get the Endurance Charge but idk what points i should skip for it....
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
"
Hey just wanted to say thx for the build, i played a Hybrid CoCWander and a Hybrid CoC Spectral Throw but was not sure if it would work with Cyclone.
Obviously it works like charm!

I respeced as a shadow and my tree is a bit different maybe you can have a look at the tree & current gear.

Glad to meet a fellow hybrid enthusiast! :)

The best thing to do would be sacrifice disembowling IMO. For example I play with 67% crit without PC, but I get 92% crit with 6PC. You're likely way overcapped with 79% base crit chance. Though to be honest I haven't played with disembowling, so I'm not 100% sure.

Your gear is kind of funny, some pieces are much better than mine, others are a good bit worse. I know it's going to be painful, but I would replace Foe Hold with a ring that doesn't have flat elem damage and put flat cold damage on your dagger. This will give discharge more reliable EE, since ice nova fails to CoC 30% of the time, but cyclone procs EE 100% of the time.

Last edited by MatrixFactor on Sep 18, 2015, 7:46:50 PM
HM.. but sacrificing 135% Crit for 1 Charge seems so wrong... maybe i´ll try to respec that and see how it feels.

Edit: Just checked that you linked in the text, will have a look at that tree.

What parts of my gear do you think are the worst?

Not really happy with boots just the only ones with at least some ES, Life and Chaos Res, same for the Helmet, just need something with Chaos Res on it... or do you think other parts are not good?

btw: forgot to link Jewels in my last post:

really need to improve some of those.

Edit:

Do you know if any skin transfer works on Diamond Flasks? Tried Rumis and Forbidden Taste and both do not work :-/

Edit no. 3:

What do you think about not using inc. Critical strikes but a 3rd Spell?
With Disemboweling i still have enough crit chance, the mana cost is lower and damage should be higher?

Testing damage with this build is really a problem, for most other builds Merc. Malacha is good enough but with this build he dies so fast no matter what is use ^^
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Sep 18, 2015, 9:27:57 PM
"
HM.. but sacrificing 135% Crit for 1 Charge seems so wrong... maybe i´ll try to respec that and see how it feels.

Edit: Just checked that you linked in the text, will have a look at that tree.

What parts of my gear do you think are the worst?

Not really happy with boots just the only ones with at least some ES, Life and Chaos Res, same for the Helmet, just need something with Chaos Res on it... or do you think other parts are not good?

btw: forgot to link Jewels in my last post:

really need to improve some of those.

Edit:

Do you know if any skin transfer works on Diamond Flasks? Tried Rumis and Forbidden Taste and both do not work :-/

Edit no. 3:

What do you think about not using inc. Critical strikes but a 3rd Spell?
With Disemboweling i still have enough crit chance, the mana cost is lower and damage should be higher?

Testing damage with this build is really a problem, for most other builds Merc. Malacha is good enough but with this build he dies so fast no matter what is use ^^

If you take out inc crit strikes you'd probably want inc aoe or conc effect for single target. You can check with the dps calculator I made in the OP. Also inc crit strikes double dips for us since we proc more spells and those spells crit more as well.

For your gear: shield needs spell dmg, boots need ES, and belt needs +1 EC IMO. :)

For jewels it's spell dmg > atk speed > crit multi > melee crit chance.

I'm close to 89 now, having progressed from 78. I'd say that I haven't died yet, running 74/75 maps, every mod other than ele reflect. I can carry groups easy, and likely pissing them off by being too far ahead.

Until I took the witch +16 spell damage node (my last point), I never noticed reflect damage. I would just yolo into the packs without potting. Now I can see losing 50-100% of my ES on occasion. Thats the lowest I ever get.

My gear for some ideas for upgrades:
Spoiler

I would link gems but don't know how!

My Cyclone mana cost is 18 with 2x +2 mana gained on hit and the one -7 mana cost ring. I can sustain well, but I'm lazy and hate having the mana potion. So I'm currently rolling all of the -8 mana diamond rings I can get to snag a +life prefix and then master craft more crit and +%es.

Going to test some 77-78s soon to see how I can do.

Feedback welcome!
Have you tried going CI? Your survivability might suffer but I figure the immunity to chaos dmg might make up for it.
"
pepejovi wrote:
Have you tried going CI? Your survivability might suffer but I figure the immunity to chaos dmg might make up for it.

It's not worth it for us since we can't put on a nice chest armor like
to really benefit from high ES. According to my calcs CI would get 7.2 ES with higher value 400/450 helm/shield. Also with 30 chaos res chaos dmg doesn't matter. Realistically you gain a flask slot + easier gearing vs 800 EHP + status immunity.

Daki, your gear is nice, the helm makes me drool a little. Obvi get rid of Pain Hold when you can, and work on getting 21/20 discharge.

Due to ridiculous prices of good ES gear i rolled CI for now, while trying to upgrade my pieces, so far im happy with it, can run maps above my level, with any mods but elereflect. Build is really nice, only downside is having to roll red sockets on int based gear pieces :p .

Also noobish question. Corrupting discharge cant brick it right :p?
Hi Matrix!

Just stumbled on to your build as I am looking to respec my mjolner witch. Looks
solid as hell but I have one question.

Is this really a brick? thought I had hit the jackpot with this but I see you mention
that it messes up EE. I really thought that damage to spells would not interfere with
EE as they hit after cyclone`s physical attack.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info