Let us talk about the +3 trick

"
xanthacarpa wrote:
"
respwnd wrote:

I'm the last of my friends who play.

That says it all. I am so tired of seeing my friends leave this game due to the grind. Not sure if/how this reveal helps or hinders me since I've seen exactly 1 EX drop (not mine) on Warbands with 3 toons 70+

I'd love to try it out and thought it was a nice way to craft before this reveal, but even in Standard i have exactly 0 EX to test out things like this.

Kudos to the rich finding a way to get richer!

What grind? you just have to figure out some stuff and then you make 20,000+ exalted orbs like those guys who sold all those +3 items. Easy game.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
xanthacarpa wrote:
"
respwnd wrote:

I'm the last of my friends who play.

That says it all. I am so tired of seeing my friends leave this game due to the grind. Not sure if/how this reveal helps or hinders me since I've seen exactly 1 EX drop (not mine) on Warbands with 3 toons 70+

I'd love to try it out and thought it was a nice way to craft before this reveal, but even in Standard i have exactly 0 EX to test out things like this.

Kudos to the rich finding a way to get richer!

What grind? you just have to figure out some stuff and then you make 20,000+ exalted orbs like those guys who sold all those +3 items. Easy game.

Yep, exactly. I've always enjoyed the grind, even with the recent changes to maps I still enjoyed grinding them (up to a point), but you know what I got for that grind? Jack fucking shit. Not 1 ex, no good drops, nothing. If I would have spent the exact same amount of time I spent grinding to level 90 trading instead of playing, I'd be fucking rich with all the GG gear.

I've always laughed at the "Path of *xx*" comments, but this game truly is Path of Market Manipulation, no more, no less.
"
ElChivoDiablo wrote:
I've always laughed at the "Path of *xx*" comments, but this game truly is Path of Market Manipulation, no more, no less.

Path of Networking, friend
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I agree with the prediction that GGG will most likely nerf PA and SRS instead of the mastercrafting ability.

1)PA and SRS so happen to be the cheapest uber atziri capable builds in the game right now. The most greedy players of GGG have every reason to farm some atziri acuities and atziri axes off these cheap builds as this is almost as good as an abuse. After, uber Atziri and the Core map still function as the ultimate test of successful characters.

2)Manipulating master functions is a product of intellectual thought and not an abuse. It would be quite dishonourable of GGG to 'fix' something they allowed in the first place.

3)The market is already inflated with plenty of these +3 items. They are not that expensive to get even without the trick. All of my friends had no problem getting unlinked +3 bows at 5 exalts or less.

4)GGG almost always nerfs by popularity, not by absolute strength-example:bringer of rain, crest of perandus....

5)Poison arrow is popular whether you see people using them or not. Poison arrow poison clouds do not stack and therefore I suspect those PA players avoid partying. Which is why you do not see many of them.
"
I'm sure mostly everyone is aware of the recent trick to easily get a +3 bow or SRS staff in most cases the post will backlash the economy in terms of those two items meaning their value just got completely gutted.

Now if you did miss it just head to poe reddit I'm kinda lazy to link it. Regardless GGG's precious economy is #1 of priority most of the time so I'm a bit worried they may fuck it as in remove it like they did to hybrid or fuck with it as an example using ''UNABLE TO HAVE MORE THEN 1 LEVEL 8 MASTER MOD ON ANY ITEM HOT FIX''

So thoughts?

As a highly geared SRS'er here, I have mixed feelings about this but it's not entirely bad. To be honest, I think it's a good thing that this +3 staff becomes a bit more available because it's some of the best mods you can get for the SRS build. However it will not be too much of a blow to the higher end staves with T3+ cast speed because this method prohibits you from actually rolling that. The best you could do is build up a pool of +3 staves and yolo exalt them and hope for the best and this would be more costly because doing this +3 method is harder on a higher ilvl staff. More SRS'ers out there will be nice to have for me personally as I enjoy playing with them and giving them build ideas.

That said, I think GGG made a mistake because this method has been around a very long time and it's only popular because Eternal orbs were made legacy which forced them to change the cost of Cata's mod from 1 eternal to 1 exalted. This is a massive decrease in cost and I question the legitimacy. I actually think this method is very clever and I love the idea of being able to craft one yourself, but when you look at what it would cost you in alts/regals/augments to actually roll a +3 and compare it to the cost of rolling it with this method, there's an astronomical difference. I really feel that the mods should be costlier to better balance against the probabilities of using currency manually.

The bottom line is, you're guaranteeing getting top-tier mods using crafting tables that were originally only there to offer mid-tier rolls. On the one hand, I love the cleverness of it, and on the other I feel it defeats the purpose of crafting tables being "safe" crafting options of mid-low tier rolls.

But either way, I'll still play my SRS'er and at the end of the day, there will still be extremely rare +3 staves out there because Cast speed mods are very rare and cannot be rolled with this method.
"
diegodgo87 wrote:
"
eragon1111 wrote:
It seems like there were a lot more of "triks" that GGG exposed only to so called "SELECTED ONES" ...

Thats disgusting...

I'm angry!!!

People are so easy to bullshit.

I've seen no proof of that so far.
Oblivious
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
diegodgo87 wrote:
"
eragon1111 wrote:
It seems like there were a lot more of "triks" that GGG exposed only to so called "SELECTED ONES" ...

Thats disgusting...

I'm angry!!!

People are so easy to bullshit.

I've seen no proof of that so far.

That's a gullible community for you.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
"
Locktar wrote:
Don't know any trick okey?
So why you don't just spill it out. If it's something with the can't roll master mod.
It is not really a trick. Because this cost something, it ain't really cheap and it is attempted...

It IS very cheap I mean if you're a causal sure it's not cheap but for a core average ''joe'' it is absolutely cheap and yes it is trick that is a VERY very good trick. Only one person managed to find a use for it and got 72 mirrors out of it.

its the only person that showed it :P
there are way more knowing it and was using it since day1, btw 72 mirrors sounds good, but .. i say "he made only 72 mirrors" in that particular case. this also counts for the use of "pre/suffix cannot be changed"
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Aug 21, 2015, 10:10:53 AM
"
btw 72 mirrors sounds good, but ..

the number is bullshit they made up
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I think the method is a good one, and no current mechanisms should be altered for this perhaps except for one -

- Any item with affix(es) one or two is magic
- Any item with affixes more than two is rare

That is to say, Regal Orb used on an 1-affix magic item would turn it into a 2-affixes magic item, not rare. This is the only "exploit"-prone property I could see in its process...
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info