[2.1 HC] Alpha Summoners. 5-7 auras , 81+ ele resists. Updated with 2 versions !

can i play this build on softcore ?
Last edited by haidoan on Dec 14, 2015, 1:22:18 AM
"
haidoan wrote:
can i play this build on softcore ?

Of course you can, while leveling you can prioritize damage with taking anger aura earlier before discipline/arctic armor . Can also try picking Queen's Decree unique 2h sword which grants extra spectre, can really boost leveling process until mid maps.

"
So far like this build pretty effective. Still working on getting chaos res tho, since im sitting at -40 in merc. But clear speed with Flame Sentinels is pretty fast, only have 4L atm. Havent tried any other ones tho. And still can only use 3 auras atm, until I get my tree setup. How is your HC run going so far taddis?

I'm doing well at lvl 63 so far in HC talisman, updated "My current gear/setup" section in the bottom with the current gear. Can do without chaos res gear until mid maps without reserving any life, but yea its good to get to at least positive value with any build imo. When you start reserving some life with midnight's bargain or auras on prism guardian , then you need to cap chaos resistance for sure.
Cool post, been looking for a good summoner (no srs) build so thank you for that :)

Question is, what do you think about Controlled Destruction on flame sent?

And 2nd, did u go duel totem to lvl with then respec into full summoner later into the game?
With the new uniqe talisman
totem lvling is pretty sick atm :)
Or just go summoner with 1 flame totem?
Last edited by Stigingvar on Dec 14, 2015, 6:46:11 AM
"
Stigingvar wrote:
Cool post, been looking for a good summoner (no srs) build so thank you for that :)

Question is, what do you think about Controlled Destruction on flame sent?

And 2nd, did u go duel totem to lvl with then respec into full summoner later into the game?
With the new uniqe talisman
totem lvling is pretty sick atm :)
Or just go summoner with 1 flame totem?

I went right with the summoner tree, but until cruel act 3 i was single ft + magma orb and zombies as meatshields mostly. From cruel act 3 i got flame sentinels instead of magma orb while still using flame totem sometime, from a1 merciless only minions and i'm only casting flesh offering/enfeeble.
Conc Effect is stronger as 6th link for flame sentinels and i dont think it is better than fire penetration. But for revenants it might be very good.
Last edited by Taddis5 on Dec 14, 2015, 6:59:59 AM
What would you alter in this build to go MF?
"
xAgility wrote:
What would you alter in this build to go MF?

I don't focus on magic find , but you can easily get amulet, rings, gloves with IIR affixes since you can get away without life and lots resists on there with this build.
First time I played a summoner build properly, before I did summoner builds but always though zombies where the key damage so I just pick w/e random thing I thought was good for spect and never bother to hunt for them coz they were a pain. But this time with help of Desecrate (Why didn't I know this exist before...) its super easy to get the flame sent to use and omg this is like so much better than before. (also I didn't know support gem link to spect gem help the spect that's summoned) Also I love this aura build because the issue I have with summoner always is that bosses kill summon too fast and than your basically screwed for that fight. Like I was leveling with fire storm and zombies and on the last boss for act 4 in cruel I was just suciding to get hits on it until it died coz all my zombies die instantly and I don't have enough health to live more than like 2-4 hits tops.

But finally reaching dock in merciless grinded to 68 put on all the unique and man the summons are so tanky with all the auras =D

Few questions, is there anyways to check how wide your aura is? I want to stay out of harms way but kinda afraid I go too far out. Also with animated guardian, since when they die the gear disappears what would you do to help with that? Do you craft that drop on death thing? But with unique you can't do that so do you just risk it?
Glad you are enjoying playing summoner, lvl 68 is just a beginning you get more and more power with progression further.

There is small blue circles around minions feet as they are affected by any aura. But you shouldn't worry about it as you get plenty extra aura radius from tree and gem levels.
"
Taddis5 wrote:
Glad you are enjoying playing summoner, lvl 68 is just a beginning you get more and more power with progression further.

There is small blue circles around minions feet as they are affected by any aura. But you shouldn't worry about it as you get plenty extra aura radius from tree and gem levels.

How high can you farm with this build? Like can I solo up to high lvl maps or need party at that point? I tried to finish act 4 but found that on the bosses my minions die way too fast, it just the last few boss on act 4 kinda like over kill in term of power (Coz personally I find them way too hard)

This is my current gear what do you think can upgrade beside a 5l for more dmg on spect?

Also any flask you recommend I should carry? Would those that heal minion be good?

You want these upgrades mostly:
1) Chest with more ES, 300 is low end one.
2) Amulet is quite bad, can get cheap one with es,resists, life, dex/str as you don't need premium affixes like crit strike and spell damage. Also can get rings and belt with some flat ES affixes.
3) Gems need to lvl up still, at lvl 19 purities will give another extra +max resist. Also try to get quality on temp chains + curse on hit gems, monsters will deal much less dps when cursed.

I got to lvl 92 in Tempest league (it was hardcore) and got to lvl 88 in current hardcore league before stupid rip . Now im lvling again , wanna try to explore other options like poison + chaos dmg supports on spectres, but not sure it'll be better than current elemental setups. The build works well for solo, I had no problems clearing high lvl maps or speed clearing lower lvl ones at all with average gear.

Flasks i like to use is:
2x quicksilver flasks with bleed/burning resistances
1x Granite flask
1x Healing flask with bleed removal
1x animation or situational resist flask vs bosses.

You always want to have bleed resist flask available because ball lightning spell can apply it to you if you hit corrupting blood monster with it and its one of bigger threat in general. Taste of Hate is best flask to have if you can obtain one, also spec into alchemist wheel if you got one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info