[2.1 HC] Alpha Summoners. 5-7 auras , 81+ ele resists. Updated with 2 versions !

Am I the only one who can NEVER get flame sentinels? I sat in lab for 15 minutes spamming desecrate and always end up only spawning the 4 legged things or the electric curtains.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
reboticon wrote:
Am I the only one who can NEVER get flame sentinels? I sat in lab for 15 minutes spamming desecrate and always end up only spawning the 4 legged things or the electric curtains.

If you don't get flame sentinels from couple desecrate cast, restart the instance and try again. I usually get them in 2nd-3rd time. Going to cover this in guide.
Bumping because big update to the guide.

2 Different branches, original post was AURABOT version and its easy to transition between them so no worries.

Spent quite some time to think of structure and write everything down, Thanks for checking !
What's the main difference between sentinels and revenants? I've been using both but revenants seem to clear faster.
"
What's the main difference between sentinels and revenants? I've been using both but revenants seem to clear faster.

* Damage type. You don't need to spec into avatar of fire if you want to use ball lightning autocurse spell and/or use vaal lightning trap with elemental equilibrium keystone;
* Revenants dmg output a bit higher, but flame sentinels has got less delay between attacks. Also fireballs from flame sentinels cause explosion on hit which can overlap with its other projectiles explosions dealing extra damage.
* At least on 5L setups its hard to tell me which one is actually better.
Little update:

- Added alternative gem setup version for revenant spectres. Using it right now , works really well;
- Added new little section to "Alpha Penta Summoner" build branch with information of how to push significantly more damage with cost of some defenses;
- Added my build/gear setup i currently use in Tempest league in EXTRAS section.
How do you deal with Chaos damage? I can see that you have 75chaos res but... It feels very unsafe with 2K hp
"
Rombot wrote:
How do you deal with Chaos damage? I can see that you have 75chaos res but... It feels very unsafe with 2K hp

75 chaos ress +2k HP is A LOT against chaos damage. Even something like undying alchemists with diamond shrine barely moves hp pool. Can have one hp flask, just in case though.

When i transition back to "aurabot" version im going to reserve my hp to 800-900 and see no problems with it.
Last edited by Taddis5 on Aug 20, 2015, 11:29:32 AM
Little update:
- Skill tree updated with alternative skill tree setup to save up some point for the final curse cluster, for most efficient curses !
- Added my thoughts on Revenant vs Flame sentinel spectre choice that i've tested for quite a bit. See it in spectre choice section.
First of all big thanks to author for sharing this build. Idea of adding more auras is brilliant.
I have been playing this build for more than a month in Tempest. One char died at lvl 64 when I was trying to figure out how to play summoner ) Than I had death at lvl 83. Finally, after making some changes was able to survive to lvl 95,2 and character is still alive. Was planning to hit lvl 100 on it, but GGG decided to stop league earlier than I thought.

Here are my thoughts of the build and changes I have made.

Most of the time we were playing with my friend duo (he is artic breath mage) and it was great. Very safe, clear speed is ok. As long as you let your minions tank and don’t rush you are completely safe. We were able to clear all maps up to lvl 81 (do not have 82 maps drop so far). We have done all map mods (alch+vaal+roll for max quantity) including –max res + several dmg and so on. One thing we have not tried is blood magic though. With this build you can clear maps solo without any problem, but it’s a little bit slower compared to party with another dps.

So, because we are playing hardcore, let us talk about surviving. We have three main threats: chaos damage, physical damage and elemental damage.
Def.
Spoiler

1) Chaos. You can’t actually do anything with it except for stacking 75 chaos res (which is fairly easy to be honest), having some life regen (I think it’s really important thing, allows you to stand in desecrated ground, etc) and having some life pool (I have always had a life pool of minimum 1500 hp and didn’t want to go below it, because two-there times even with 75 chaos res I had like 600-700 hp left).

2) Elemental damage. Is actually not a problem at all with this build. 3 purities (vaal them for lvl 21 later on for additional +1 max res) + flasks (witch alchemy nodes give a HUGE boost to them for additional +3 max res) makes you almost immune to it. Currently I have 94 94 96 max resists (fire and ice don’t want to corrupt to lvl 21  ) with flasks on and in combination with enfeeble and temporal chain you can face tank elemental bosses in this game (temple piety, torture chamber boss, Mervail, Dominius etc). They do completely no damage )

3) Physical damage. I believe this is main threat. Both my deaths was because of it. While first one I mad actually a mistake of running inside a room full of big skeles and died instantly 2nd death on lvl 83 was because I was two-shooted by the bird who is eating corpses and with far shot in the map with three additional projectiles. Therefore, my last changes in the build were all aimed to overcome ridiculous amoung of physical damage game is offering right now. Firstly, I have switched vaal discipline (which I believe is useless) and something else to CWDT-immortal call. And I never regretted it ) I think I would have survived both times if I had this setups earlier. Than I have bought rumi's concoction, which I believe is very underrated flask (it’s actually amazing with witch alchemy nodes – pushing your physical block chance to almost 60% which is very good). And later on I was able to get Taste of Hate. To even further maximize your chances to survive. Still was testing it though and cant tell what is better Rumi or Taste of hate. And I tend to run both of them on maps where I don’t need over over (90+) all elemental resistances.

As for our offence we have our minions:
Spoiler
1) Zombies. They both serve as damage dealers and tanks. As long as they are alive, you are safe. Like OP already mentioned putting zombies in your shoes instead of +2 minion helmet is actually ok. But empower buffs them a lot, so I suggest trying to get empower lvl 2,3 ASAP. Usually I was running Zombie – Empower – Multistrike – Minion Damage. Swapping last two gems to Fortify – Minion Lifes on bosses where I needed my Zombies to stay alive and tank (Crematorium, Village Ruins etc). When I was able to corrupt my Bones of Ullr to +1 of socketed gems it gave unreal boost to zombies. In fact I have tested zombies in +2 helm and come conclusion than +1 socketed gems shoes gives you more, because of additional lvl of empower and other non minion gems you get.

2) Spectrs. Have tested both sentinels and revs. They are almost equal or almost identical in terms of DPS I believe but revs have one very significant bonus. They have very high build in lightning resistance, which means with your auras they completely do not care about lightning based bosses (dominius, torture chamber, piety). Therefore, I was running revs. Only one downside of revs is SOUND. I really hope GGG will make something about it.

In conclusion we have a very safe build with good or even great (elemental defense) against all sorts of damage, with rather high dps. Hybrid suppor/dps who is able to solo maps without a problem and greatly up survivability of party members (purities + zombies as tanks + curses). Difference between full support and this build is that full support provides defensive auras, charges and more curses. But we have zombies who tank instead of people and overall Enfeeble + Temporal Chains + Elemental Equilibrium is enough (in the end you can switch specters to 4L and put 3rd in).

Here is my tree. I have taken alchemy nodes only on lvl 94 just to test them and felt absolutely in love with them, maybe it is worth to take them a little bit earlier.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBLMHHg0fDXwOXBFQFm8XLxhqGYoajxslHNwdFB2qIvQksCj6KpgvbzLRNbk8KEGHRARFR0V-RZ1GcUlRSbFLrkyzTblObVNSVdZXyVgHWpFca1-wZOdo8mqsavpr22wLbRlvnnC7eC985X0Yf8aApILHgwmESITFhWCIQI8aj0aP-pAzkyeVLpitmuCboZu1nDKcvqEvogClxKaspwinK6h9qsS0DLiTvorAZsHFwzrDbcpKytPMvNAf0_vXz9kL2RPZW9-K4YjjaukC6rrr7uwY7IrviO_r8B_w1fba99f5N_no-oD60vsJ_kk=?accountName=hellg&characterName=Arndell

Here is my current gear and flasks. About weapon, I was thinking of switching to Midnight Bargain, but really did not like that I had only 900 life left, like I mentioned before several times chaos damage took a lot of my hp very fast (last time it was in no regen 80 map with poisonous tempest). Maybe midnight bargain + shavs + vertex mask will work. However, I haven’t got time to really test it.

Spoiler

Overall build is great. You are able to support efficiently and able to solo maps without help. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We have stopped playing tempest so far, but I will visit forum.
Last edited by hellg on Sep 17, 2015, 5:46:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info