[2.2] Poor Mans Guide to Bows - 114K DPS and Atziri on a 5L

/Applause

Very well-written guide, I appreciate the satire and the straight forward factual approach. You've backed everything up with rationale and given me a bunch of food for thought. I look forward to finally allocating the passives on my ranger; I've been completely undecided on what the hell to pick and now I think you've helped me nail it down.

Cheers
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
Thanks for the build. Lioneye's Glare is boss!
"
gregoyre wrote:
I really love your guide, thks man !
For now my biggest probleme is to sustain mana :
"
I take the three mana leech nodes down the bottom right of the tree with the notable Spirit void. This provides enough mana leech + mana gain on hit to sustain attack indefinitely provided you're actually hitting.

I take it too, but i can't attack more than 3-4 time.
What am i missing ? :)
Thank you and keep it up !

If you're set up right you should have killed everything in 3-4 hits. But if there are packs around you should have zero mana issues due to the +2 Mana gained for each enemy hit by your attack. Against single target Frenzy should provide enough physical leech as not to worry. So both cases you should be ok mana wise.

"
Khavali wrote:
/Applause
Very well-written guide, I appreciate the satire and the straight forward factual approach. You've backed everything up with rationale and given me a bunch of food for thought. I look forward to finally allocating the passives on my ranger; I've been completely undecided on what the hell to pick and now I think you've helped me nail it down.
Cheers

/blushes

Awww... you.

"
lussiano wrote:
Thanks for the build. Lioneye's Glare is boss!

It is pretty damn sweet that is for sure.
"
AngryCustard wrote:

I use jewels to supplement my resistances. Add a little bit of damage and provide me with additional chance to pierce. I can reach 93% chance to pierce without having to use the pierce nodes on the tree. This saves you a valuable 4 skill points.

Care to explain? I see 10% coming from the quiver and another 15% coming from the Poacher's Aim unique jewel, which is limited to one. Also, there is no jewel affix which gives pierce chance.
"
lussiano wrote:
"
AngryCustard wrote:

I use jewels to supplement my resistances. Add a little bit of damage and provide me with additional chance to pierce. I can reach 93% chance to pierce without having to use the pierce nodes on the tree. This saves you a valuable 4 skill points.

Care to explain? I see 10% coming from the quiver and another 15% coming from the Poacher's Aim unique jewel, which is limited to one. Also, there is no jewel affix which gives pierce chance.

He uses the support gem.

"
darkjoy wrote:

He uses the support gem.

Thank you. But that leads to another question: is Pierce worth it without a Drillneck? That gem slot could be used by Added Fire, for example.
"
lussiano wrote:
"
darkjoy wrote:

He uses the support gem.

Thank you. But that leads to another question: is Pierce worth it without a Drillneck? That gem slot could be used by Added Fire, for example.

Without a Drillneck? It feels good without a Drillneck, I just switched from Chain to Pierce in a 4 link and I'm already liking the Peirce much more. Chain is really fun and I think it's better than Pierce when you're leveling up, but once your character hits a certain point then Pierce really shines. At least this has been my experience so far with the build, I'm 87 and switched to Pierce @85. The goal is of course to get a Drillneck and try it out. I'm using this in the meantime:
I have another Drillneck question. If you have a Drillneck does Pierce become a must include support gem for both Frenzy as well as LA maybe as a 5th socket over Weapon Elemental Damage? I'm just trying to maximize the dps and wasn't 100% sure what was the best 5th support gem

Also I have another question: After you get Lioneye's is Ice Golem still the best or does Flame Golem's 30% damage outweigh it. I was just wondering since you dont get the bonus from accuracy anymore.
Last edited by Tuck359 on Sep 6, 2015, 2:28:37 AM
Hey AngryCustard,

first off, great guide! I enjoy the way you write, keeping it simple and compelling.

I am following Neversinks guide for a TS ranger, but always loved LA more. So I decided to take the stuff I like from both guides and make a hybrid - especially as both trees are quite similar.

I am on a budget (around 1ex so far), obviously, otherwise I wouldn't bother with a thread for poor men.

I have a 5l chest and a Lioneyes. Plan is to get a Daresso (5l) and then going for the LA setup.

I did not understand whether to use Pierce or Chain though. In your "set-up" category, you are using chain, but in your skill analysis you say that Pierce is way better.

So what to choose?
LA - GMP - Pierce/Chain - PPaD - WED

How high have you taken this is maps? Any you stay away from?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info