Grocery's NO REFLECT CI Chaos Incinerate Build

Check out Zivkos guide int hr witch forum. He is actively updating that thread.

This Incinerate build utilizes a few uniques to bypass any and all reflect, even Uber Atziri split phase. I have videos posted on my channel Here

Upfront I want to say a few things:

This build is very similar to the Witch build that Zivko has posted in the Witch forums. You can click HEREto see his build on the witch forums. He also has some youtube videos that he has posted including an Atziri clear. You can click Here to see his
videos. I have discussed this build with him and we agreed that we should post this one in the Shadow forums as well. Check out his stuff!

So what does this build do and how does it work?
This build uses The Consuming Dark and Infernal Mantle to convert 100% of fire damage over to Chaos Damage. There are very few, if any, mobs that reflect chaos outside of Atziri. Furthermore, we take the CI (Chaos Inoculation) Keystone to have 1 HP and tons of ES as well as making us immune to chaos damage. This means the build is 100% reflect free.

The infernal mantle has +1 to fire gems. As such, the Incinerate becomes level 21 or 22 depending on the current level of your gems. If we go even further and corrupt an Infernal Mantle to +1 level of socketed gems, we get a level 22 or 23 Incinerate. Now if you have some luck or currency, a level 4 empower will become level 5 and add another 4 levels to your incinerate. This means you could potentially have a level 27 Incinerate with this build.

This build utilizes CI, Vaal Pact and Ghost Reaver to leech damage as its main defense. You will notice that you can leech a ton of ES with this build and it is its best defense.

What DPS can you get with this build?
You can get over 160k dps in stage 4 of Incinerate. You multiply tooltip dps by 4 as you get 100% more damage per stage of incinerate. As seen in the tooltip dps screenshots below, I am at 41k dps in the first stage of incinerate, putting me around 164k dps. With LMP I can hit about 113-115k dps as seen below

How is CI in the current meta?
CI in the current meta is weak but that doesn’t mean there are not builds where it excels. This is one of those builds that CI excels in. You still have to deal with status ailments, but that can be alleviated by flasks and certain uniques such as Chayula, Dream Fragments, or Wanderlust.

What classes can this build be done by?
This build can be done as a Witch, Shadow, or Scion. They are all very, very close in terms of how they spend points, though I believe that Witch and Shadow are the best.

Does this require Mirrored gear?
Absolutely not. It does require a consuming dark, but that is the only expensive item. You do not need a +1 Infernal mantle, that is more of a luxury. Currency helps but this build can do just fine without it.

My Videos using this build including high level maps

Zivkos Videos

Screenshots

5L Tooltip with LMP, no buffs: +1 mantle, 21/20 incinerate, empower lvl4

5L Tooltip with LMP, Atziri’s Promise: +1 mantle, 21/20 incinerate, empower lvl4

5L Tooltip with Slower Projectiles, no buffs: +1 mantle, 21/20 incinerate, empower lvl4

5L Tooltip with Slower Projectiles, Atziri’s Promise: +1 mantle, 21/20 incinerate, empower lvl4

Zivko’s Defensive Stats (lvl20 Discipline, lvl20 Arctic Armour, lvl 10 Clarity)

My Gear:
Spoiler

Mandatory Uniques
Spoiler

The infernal mantle converts 25% of fire damage to chaos damage. This is what makes us partially immune to reflect. It also gives +1 to fire gems which is a huge plus. You do not need to corrupt the +1 to all gems, but if you have the currency it is a huge boost.

The consuming dark is the final piece that allows us to be reflect free as it offer 75% conversion of fire damage to chaos damage. It has +1 to fire gems, but it is not a big deal.

Semi-Mandatory Uniques/Rares
Spoiler

Eye of Chayula is used to become immune to stuns. I use it, but you do not have to, though I would seriously recommend it. All status ailments and stuns are based off the damage vs a percent of your life. As such, CI deals with many stun/status ailments. Chayula helps to alleviate this greatly! The increased ES from another neck is not worth it in my opinion.

Dream Fragments is another item that makes us immune to a status ailment. You can run a freeze removal flask instead of dream fragments, but I like this ring due to the much needed mana regen and freeze immunity. Flasks are not fool proof so this is a good option.

You will want 1 Elreon ring for most scenarios. In less regen maps, you will want a second Elreon ring/neck if possible. Incinerate is very mana heavy and CI builds classicly have issues with mana where EB builds do not. As such, I suggest a ring like this.

Passive Tree

Gem Selection

Incinerate > Spell Echo > LMP > Life Leech > Empower > Iron Will/Slower/Faster Porj

Discipline > Clarity low level > Arctic Armor > Enlighten

Whirling Blades > Faster attacks > fortify > Vaal Discipline

Lightning Warp > Faster Casting > Less Duration

CWDT > Warlords Mark > Chaos Golem
other option can have Molten Shell and Tempest Shield. This can go in the consuming dark if needed as Flame Totem is nearly never used.

Flame Totem > Faster Casting > Faster Projectiles

For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Dec 14, 2015, 6:20:03 PM
Edit: Great build, I've switched to this on my scion however im missing a few things here and there (namely the belt and a good elreon ring) struggling with mana at the moment :(
IGN: Zanitth
Last edited by ZanithX on Aug 4, 2015, 7:25:29 AM
"
ZanithX wrote:
Edit: Great build, I've switched to this on my scion however im missing a few things here and there (namely the belt and a good elreon ring) struggling with mana at the moment :(

You can buy a blue elreon ring and regal it. That is what I did!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Added Maze Level 81 Map Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F1R3eQJEWw

Did a Colosseum Map. It was a struggle but I did it without deaths. Tough fight no doubt.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Aug 5, 2015, 12:21:19 PM
Can confirm instead of running your flame totem in the dagger, switch it out to cast on damage taken, tempest shield and molten shell (however the molten shell is kept at a pretty low level so currently looking into running something else). The 3% block from the tempest shield is a great little defensive stat to have

Edit: Cast on damage taken, tempest shield, blind seems to be the best defensive combo i can come up with. The blind procs off tempest shield so it works pretty well together
IGN: Zanitth
Last edited by ZanithX on Aug 5, 2015, 12:08:20 PM
"
ZanithX wrote:
Can confirm instead of running your flame totem in the dagger, switch it out to cast on damage taken, tempest shield and molten shell (however the molten shell is kept at a pretty low level so currently looking into running something else). The 3% block from the tempest shield is a great little defensive stat to have

Yupp! That is something I do about 50% of the time. If there is a boss I need to bait, I use Flame totem. That is basically it.

Thanks for the input!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Hey great guide!

Question, why fire pen when we have a 100% conversion to chaos damage?
"
Hey great guide!

Question, why fire pen when we have a 100% conversion to chaos damage?

Because I am idiot. I don't have a 6link at the moment, so I threw it in there as an added option. I overlooked it.

Thanks for helping me out!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Grocery wrote:

Because I am idiot. I don't have a 6link at the moment, so I threw it in there as an added option. I overlooked it.

ahahAHHAhaHAHAhahaHA all good! I tried to figure it out before posting. What are the optimized links for a 6L? Is added chaos damage not a good option?
"
"
Grocery wrote:

ahahAHHAhaHAHAhahaHA all good! I tried to figure it out before posting. What are the optimized links for a 6L? Is added chaos damage not a good option?

Faster Projectiles is more safe, Slower projectiles is decent damage. i will try added chaos out tonight, but I'd think it is not as good because chaos nodes on the tree are kind of inefficient.

Added chaos has a lower mana mult than slower proj as well, so it is likely decent. Faster projectiles with quality is nice.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Aug 5, 2015, 2:49:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info