Poe and cigarettes

Been vaping for a yr now and love it. Started at 18mg and now I'm down to 3 - 1.5. I don't think I could smoke cigs if I even wanted to... Nasty tasting....
Thanks for all the input and support. Day 2 feeling better already, mind you I have been using the gum and patch like crazy.
"
Thanks for all the input and support. Day 2 feeling better already, mind you I have been using the gum and patch like crazy.

Glad to hear that. Although, in light of my approach of mental discipline, I don't think that's the right way. If you're using the gum and patch, it means you are thinking about cigarettes.

Don't.

Again, I stopped both pot and cigarettes this way and it was actually quite easy. Of course, I have some practice with these methods, so there's that. If you don't, the entire "controlling your thoughts" thing is difficult at the start.

However, everything that's truly worth it is difficult and, again, this is an incredibly useful skill to have for any situation in life.

Think about it as training, or "leveling up". If you turn this into a habit, you'll be amazed at the things you can do - and refrain from doing.

Cheers.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
LMTR14 wrote:
I never understood what smoking is doing for people. can't see any appeal whatsoever

derp :D ! ITS ADDICive thats what we "see" in it :DDD

srsly though my fags will leave my hand when its cold and dead :D
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett :'(
Last edited by BAD9eR on Aug 3, 2015, 12:25:44 PM
I was able to cut down drastically by not smoking inside. The added benefit is my apartment didn't smell like shit. But I wasn't able to quit until I really wanted to. It took getting constant bronchial infections to reach that point.

I knew smoking was bad for me. But deep down, I hadn't really wanted to quit - I liked smoking. Even knowing it was slowing killing me. It took a trigger - constantly getting sick - to convince me, to actually WANT to quit. I'm a big believer in wanting to quit will make it easy. Went cold turkey, it's been 5 years, now I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke.

Hope you can stick with it, once you get over that hump of the cravings, it gets easier. The true tests are being able to go out with friends for drinks, and NOT smoking.

My friend used a quit smoking app - it kept track of how much money you were saving/day, how many days you were extending your life, etc.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

I'll have to check out that app, sounds entertaining.
After failing to quit at least 20 times, I read a book called The Easy Way To Stop Smoking by Allen Carr and actually quit.

The book doesn't scare you with cancer and death because lets be frank - we all know this is where cigarettes lead. He's more about reminding you the beauty of not smoking, very minor things that you've long forgotten.
"
Life is like a coin, you can spend it however you want but you can only spend it once.

Mine was a much easier path to walk than yours but I used to eat a bunch when on the computer. The habit started when I realized no mater how much I ate I would not gain weight. It started to suck however when I was always full but never getting stuff my body actually needs to run. My solution that I am still using to this day is I have a corner of my desk where I put a very large glass of water and constantly sip from it. I then refill it ever hour or so. An overload of water is basically harmless, all it means is more trips to the bathroom.

I wish the best of luck to you.

drinking too much water can actually kill you
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
- edit: whatever
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Aug 3, 2015, 4:23:55 PM
If you're serious about wanting to quit and are prepared to take on a few unpleasant side effects for 8 weeks+ you could try "Varenicline" otherwise known as Champix/Chantix. It's a prescription drug that temporarily blocks the receptors used by nicotine in the brain, thus making it different than nicotine replacement like gum and patches.

It makes you physically incapable of deriving pleasure from smoking, and thus the craving slowly starts to fade away along with the habit. Unlike nicotine replacement you don't get addicted to it and you stop when the course is over.

Personally it was a last resort for me, but having quit a few times beforehand and started again, it was that which ultimately pushed me to quit for good, and completely shifted my perspective on smoking.

Scrap the patches, don't bother with the e-cigarette - that is not quitting. I've seen people who smoke e-cigs and as soon as their batteries break/atomizer dies out they're smoking cigarettes like crazy again until it's fixed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info