Poe and cigarettes

"
Thanks for all the input and support. Day 2 feeling better already, mind you I have been using the gum and patch like crazy.

Great to hear. With smoking you have the nicotine addiction AND the habit - it is a ritual for many -, so you're breaking two powerful things in quitting. One at a time, you can do it.

Oh and another thing I relied on was smoking alternative (not harmful) things...eating a lot... brushing teeth...drinking water...caffeine if it helps... whatever, maybe toothpicks could work for you :)

cheers
"
If you're serious about wanting to quit and are prepared to take on a few unpleasant side effects for 8 weeks+ you could try "Varenicline" otherwise known as Champix/Chantix.

This has been removed in lot on country not due to unpleasant side effects but VERY DANGEROUS side effects on the mid / long run.

If you want to stop smocking there are no magic solution ask doctor first to get generic help and informations ask others second to get some tips as you just did :)

Some people stop just like that in not even a day and never smock again for some others it's a fight of all days even 10 years after ( at this point it's easier ofc ).

Drinking alcohol or playing video games won't help to stop immo :)
Hf :)
"
sketchzr wrote:

Scrap the patches, don't bother with the e-cigarette - that is not quitting. I've seen people who smoke e-cigs and as soon as their batteries break/atomizer dies out they're smoking cigarettes like crazy again until it's fixed.

Yeah. Take a dangerous drug instead of smoking e-cigs or using patches ;) Are you serious? I smoked 2 packages before stopping. Now i am smoking e-cigs for 1.5 years. Yeah, i technically did not stop "smoking". But i got healthier. Way healthier. Sports again, not the feeling of dying everytime i take the stairs. So at OP or others who want to stop putting thousands of toxics into their bodies with smoking: e-cigs can be a solution. Shortterm or longterm. And i never smoked normal cigarettes again btw. Even when my e-cig was out of liquid or without any power.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
Yeah. Take a dangerous drug instead of smoking e-cigs or using patches ;) Are you serious? I smoked 2 packages before stopping. Now i am smoking e-cigs for 1.5 years. Yeah, i technically did not stop "smoking". But i got healthier. Way healthier. Sports again, not the feeling of dying everytime i take the stairs. So at OP or others who want to stop putting thousands of toxics into their bodies with smoking: e-cigs can be a solution. Shortterm or longterm. And i never smoked normal cigarettes again btw. Even when my e-cig was out of liquid or without any power.

Why would you consider Varinicline to be dangerous and nicotine to not fall under the same category? Nicotine is literally a poison. The vast majority of people who use Varinicline do just fine, the media have done a good job of blowing one or two incidents out of proportion which has just lead to smokers being scared to try it. There are still potential risks as with any medication, but it's absolutely worth it to stop smoking and by far the most effective way.

I'm glad the e-cigarette has been satisfactory for you, but not everyone is the same when it comes to the complexities of addiction. That being said, people are free to try any option they can to stop smoking.

I am using both snus and cigarettes, can't find the willpower to part ways to both of these habits. Once this work-season is over the cigarettes will have to go.

My problem will be to not smoke while i'm drinking :(

only advice i could give would be to eat gums, they seem to do good for my sister.
"Axe bad! Fix please!"
You just have to think Ok i will smoke on my next exalt drop not before.....
and your good :D
"
sketchzr wrote:
"

Why would you consider Varinicline to be dangerous and nicotine to not fall under the same category? Nicotine is literally a poison. The vast majority of people who use Varinicline do just fine, the media have done a good job of blowing one or two incidents out of proportion which has just lead to smokers being scared to try it. There are still potential risks as with any medication, but it's absolutely worth it to stop smoking and by far the most effective way.

I'm glad the e-cigarette has been satisfactory for you, but not everyone is the same when it comes to the complexities of addiction. That being said, people are free to try any option they can to stop smoking.

Yeah they are. You started this "scrap x" thing, not i. And at least: leave the "take drug x" thing to the doctors and pharmacists.
And the most effective way still is to simply stop.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by ghamadvar on Aug 4, 2015, 10:13:41 AM
I started smoking when i was 15 and i'm 21 now. All my teenage years everything I did had smokes involved so I knew no other reality and it was basically a routine. It got to a point where I was starting to hate smoking due to the coughing/short breath when doing shit (even though i worked out).

So early this year I started to think about giving up smoking and on the April 29th i smoked my last cig and i can honestly say it was the best choice i've ever made.

I no longer wake up feeling like it's hard to breathe properly, I can taste food once again and the smells.. It's amazing how you forget most smells after a while.

Aslong as you WANT to give up smoking, it's easy. The first 3-4 days were the hardest cause at that point it's the physical addiction (your body asking for nicotine) that makes it hard but after that it starts to wear off.

I quit cold turkey (1 pack a day) and it's been a little over 3 months and I haven't wanted a smoke for like a month.

Put your mind into it, set a specific date in a couple of weeks and when that day comes be MENTALLY prepared to not smoke ever again. It's easy, just gotta think "no, it's the best for me" and next thing you know, it's gone.
Last edited by Baralizbash on Aug 4, 2015, 10:26:11 AM
"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
sketchzr wrote:
"

Yeah they are. You started this "scrap x" thing, not i. And at least: leave the "take drug x" thing to the doctors and pharmacists.
And the most effective way still is to simply stop.

I'm not playing doctor, I'm telling OP there is an option he potentially doesn't know about, he would have to see a doctor to inquire about it. Under no circumstances would I imply he take any other route than that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info