Poe and cigarettes

I wont quit poe until the servers shut down. Thank you for all the support. Been almost a full day without one. Hating life atm but will figure itout.maybe vapors are the way to go.
buy a electronic cigarette right now, it will change your life!!!
▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊(◕‿◕)▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊▊
Famous qoute " Quitting smoking is the easiest thing in the world to do. I've done it over 1000 times" Mark Twain.

I'm a smoker and actually, if anything, my hands are soo tied up playing it's hard to reach over and take a drag lol. I waste more of my cigs than smoking them letting them burn away in the ashtray. Try the vape thing OP. I've done it for a few months, and then kinda slipped back into the real thing. But as ol' Twain said, over 1000 times..heh
Life is like a coin, you can spend it however you want but you can only spend it once.

Mine was a much easier path to walk than yours but I used to eat a bunch when on the computer. The habit started when I realized no mater how much I ate I would not gain weight. It started to suck however when I was always full but never getting stuff my body actually needs to run. My solution that I am still using to this day is I have a corner of my desk where I put a very large glass of water and constantly sip from it. I then refill it ever hour or so. An overload of water is basically harmless, all it means is more trips to the bathroom.

I wish the best of luck to you.

"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
To the contrary, OP, gaming helped me quit smoking.

Good luck.
Best of luck to you OP. I just myself. It has been 2 weeks since I smoked. The real trick for me was 3 fold. I needed a replacement habit, I needed something to keep my hands busy during craving, and I needed to change things that we're part of my smoking ritual.

It sounds silly, but masturbation is a great replacement. It feels good so its psychologically rewarding and it is not harmful. Take 10 minutes in private for that instead. I used POE and other ARPG's for keeping my hands busy during strong cravings, obviously you'll need to think of something else since it's a trigger. One of my things was always getting up in the morning and smoking with a cup of coffee. I changed that ritual to drinking tea in the morning instead (without a cigarette) and it doesn't trigger a smoke craving.

Seriously good luck, It took me 2.5 of trying after smoking killed my uncle to make it. Don't think it happens all at once. Also, I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but don't tell people you quit either. The amount of stress and disappointment I received from friends and family when I would relapse made it harder to stop again.
If my wife let me smoke in the house, I would probably be a 26 year old cancer patient because of PoE.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
I quit smoking 4 years ago. 2 packages a day for 27 years and the only way to do it is by not taking anything to help you. Your mind needs to really want it and the first 4 weeks are hard but after that it gets easier fast.

Don't take e-cigarette there really bad for you still as you still get nicotine and the vapor is really bad for your long cells. People that think they cured there smoking by using them are blind.

Good luck and any questions feel free to send a pm, you never alone!
removed
Last edited by Joernzen on Aug 11, 2015, 8:15:47 AM
Smoking is absolutely triggered by gaming in my case. I feel for ya OP. I'm sure you'll pull through it but gaming without that fix is going to take some serious rehabilitation. You beat the big C, you can do this.

You can do it man GL
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info