Raise Spectre

Tested it for a little while tonight and my spectres don't seem to be triggering minion instability when dying.

Minion instability works just fine with my skeletons and zombies, might I add. But instead of exploding, my spectres just fade away, no explosion and no sudden damage on nearby enemies.

Others experiencing this?
Minion instability never works on minions that die. It triggers when they're reduced to low life (<35%). If they die without reaching that threshold, they can't explode.
Oh. I see.

Well given their poor health (and everything else) that really makes spectres a lot less appealing.
0.9.12:

Still terribly weak.
They even die within 2 seconds when they stand on burning ground.

Level 17 Spectres and Minionlife.
I'll join the chorus. This skill holds so much potential that it's a pity to see it in this state.

Now that you can only have 1 Spectre (2 with 1 talent) it is not even "more (spiritual) meat" between you and your ennemies.
The fact that it can use some of the skills of the living creature isn't enougth to justify the skill and the mana use.

Lots of ideas have been given by players in this topic already.I can throw a few more (could be granted through talents) :

- Spectral bodygard : as long as you have a spectre, it takes a % of the damage you take for you,

- "Look what they did to Bob !" : Fear inducing effect to mobs of the same kind than the spectre,

- Spectre made from special mobs (blue ones) could retain their extra powers (extra cold damage, elemental resistance, regen...),

- Let it have access to some of our talents : an archer spectre would benefit from my attack speed/projectile damage talents, a caster spectre from casting speed/extra magical damage...)
Last edited by Gurthamoth on Sep 10, 2012, 12:29:41 PM
I personally don't see any problem with Spectres. I've been summoning Archers and Casters only, and since they always stay right next to me, they are always under the effects of my auras, which, when protected by my other minions, are kept alive almost indefinitely.

I have the Spectres linked to Lesser Multiple Projectiles, and they seem to be doing decent damage, especially Lightning Arrow Spectres.

The way I see it, all of my minions have their own jobs.
Zombies do Single target DpH
Skeletons create a large shield to protect me and the Spectres
And Spectres are ranged crowd control.

Though I probably would not use Spectres on anything other than a pure-summoner.
Is it intentional that raised Blood Chieftains do not grant frenzy charges anymore when taking them to a zone not native to them? I experienced this in the chambers of sins.

If it is intentional, I'd like a reevaluation of this mechanic. It would not be terribly powerful, because eventually they die and you can't resummon them in these zones.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
For people who think this skill is still weak: I think it's sufficiently good in its new state. In the future, with more support gems, and perhaps a spectre-focused unique, this skill could be very varied and interesting. The devs do have to be careful with it, since it does hold some strong abuse-able potential.

Granted, it doesn't perform well if you're a non-summoner... but I don't know of any ways to suggest a fix for that.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Sep 25, 2012, 8:02:13 AM
"
Rory wrote:
Unavailable

Hi guys I need some clarification with this skill. The wording has me puzzled.

1. 55% more Minion movement speed + Minion movement speed is capped. Does this only affect the spectre or does it affect all your minions?
2. Minions have Less Life, Es and deal Less Damage. Once again does this only apply to the Spectre or does it apply to all your minions?

I'm BACK :)
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Coldet wrote:
"
Rory wrote:
Unavailable

Hi guys I need some clarification with this skill. The wording has me puzzled.

1. 55% more Minion movement speed + Minion movement speed is capped. Does this only affect the spectre or does it affect all your minions?
2. Minions have Less Life, Es and deal Less Damage. Once again does this only apply to the Spectre or does it apply to all your minions?

all minions created by spectre gem (specters, the blue things) will have listed effects of the gem. you can have more than one spectre.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info