[2.0.x] Iron Will Incinerate Totems 1200+ Strength, 16k+ tooltip, 8k+ life (updated 11/13/2015)

"
highwind123 wrote:

For pure damage I'd do something like this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37BJsgLjB6WCECych2UQWNH9Xl2nlHyDES1TUkWdmuDr7qIABLPAZvAfaPKaO-FzgpvVpu08kFUnLzrY7DgaOCoTWOVmnnIPWfOj8lorY_165nGFRtexQtq5xPZyqayqg188Lcau2L3-Crc-g8w1knsg_ocQzPiTz352rOoY9zIJ9tR8Bg4n7fjraGXz3WZUhXumV03j_o8xnjrh8kX56EGHjxoc3EVHMtGvtzI0OlhVxoPbBAcfAuxVKo1JGzbY8WysmF8q6-TjahZv-tI26SSqFVCnCA==

It's similar to yours but it drops blood magic, some strength, and a bit of regeneration for a shit ton more damage (161% more damage on the tree), cast speed (15% more), and even some fire penetration. You'll likely end up with closer to 5.5k Life and 950ish strength but 18-20k tooltip. So amusingly the squishy version of this build is still far tankier than some of the laughably squishy split arrow characters ive seen on a few streams running around with 3.8k life in 80+ maps.

"
This looks like a, um, ...

FENTASTIC

build! :-)

:D

"
Right now I'm playing dual flame totem in Tempest and am trying to be super cautious. Had I seen your guide earlier I'd certainly be using it instead. What I think I'll do is begin leveling Spell Totem and Incinerate while slowly collecting the uniques used by this build. I'll transition to Incinerate at some point and then, if I can manage to 6-link a good chest, will plug in Iron Will and equip the strength-enhancing uniques.

Anyhow, nice build!

If you already have flame totem going, definitely do not swap to this build until you have the 6L and an equivalent level spell totem and incinerate. The build takes a bit to get going so be patient with it but once it's there, it'll feel great!
"
Fenrils wrote:
"
highwind123 wrote:

For pure damage I'd do something like this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37BJsgLjB6WCECych2UQWNH9Xl2nlHyDES1TUkWdmuDr7qIABLPAZvAfaPKaO-FzgpvVpu08kFUnLzrY7DgaOCoTWOVmnnIPWfOj8lorY_165nGFRtexQtq5xPZyqayqg188Lcau2L3-Crc-g8w1knsg_ocQzPiTz352rOoY9zIJ9tR8Bg4n7fjraGXz3WZUhXumV03j_o8xnjrh8kX56EGHjxoc3EVHMtGvtzI0OlhVxoPbBAcfAuxVKo1JGzbY8WysmF8q6-TjahZv-tI26SSqFVCnCA==

It's similar to yours but it drops blood magic, some strength, and a bit of regeneration for a shit ton more damage (161% more damage on the tree), cast speed (15% more), and even some fire penetration. You'll likely end up with closer to 5.5k Life and 950ish strength but 18-20k tooltip. So amusingly the squishy version of this build is still far tankier than some of the laughably squishy split arrow characters ive seen on a few streams running around with 3.8k life in 80+ maps.

Could you repost this tree? it says the build you are trying to load is using an old version of the passive tree and will not work.
"
Could you repost this tree? it says the build you are trying to load is using an old version of the passive tree and will not work.

Here's the poebuilder link:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMASbIC4welghDfsCycr7eHZRBYHwIyNDpYVcaD2wQH7FUqjUkbNtjxbKyYXyrr5NH9Xl2nlHyDES0VUKcI6-5FnZrgwGZFRzLRogAEs2jy8B-aO-Fz1abtPIKbZlSFe-w4kFUnLzrYWfMaOHGFcg9j_XrmRtfzEbFCKhNY5Waeo_JaK-NqFm_60jbpJKpyqayqeyD-hxDMxq7E9viTg188LfnoQYe3PoPM2L3-CqZXOuHyRTGe_o81kk3jdqzqGPcyz35oZfPd-OsJ9tR8Bg4n7Y8aHNxTUg==

Not sure why it won't work on the main passive tree... my offline tree is fully updated. Ah well!
Gems in current gear don't really match your gem description in the guide.

Do you not feel the need for the golem?

Do you prefer a higher level CwdT and IC?
"
Gems in current gear don't really match your gem description in the guide.

Current gems are part of my alternate setups. I am slowly going through and editing that list now that you've pointed it out. Sorry for the mixups!

"
Do you not feel the need for the golem?

I want to like golems, I really do, but each of them feel like they are simply missing something. They have a bit of health but they can't tank a high end mob breathing on them. They attack but don't do enough damage to scale. They have minor utility but not enough to warrant a 4L built around them. I feel like if any of these categories were buffed, even marginally, they'd be really cool to use but currently I feel like they are inferior slots if you have other possibilities.

I had honestly forgotten some of the unoptimized gem setups I had listed in that spoiler so thanks for pointing it out! I've added a disclaimer at the top mentioning that outside of our 6L setup, everything on that list is purely optional depending on your preferences and you can just pick and choose as you wish.

"
Do you prefer a higher level CwdT and IC?

Immortal Call is at an interesting point currently as leveling it up only makes it better if you are consuming endurance charges. My current setup has me manually making endurance charges so it is worth leveling up that setup but if you would rather not cast EC then there's no reason to level either one past level 1.
Last edited by Fenrils on Sep 28, 2015, 7:08:41 PM
Awesome and thanks for the quick reply.

I also really want to like Golems but in this build they just seem more of a headache to maintain. I'd MAYBE use flame golem, at least the requirements are easy to reach and add damage.

"
I also really want to like Golems but in this build they just seem more of a headache to maintain. I'd MAYBE use flame golem, at least the requirements are easy to reach and add damage.

I had my golem on a CWDT setup to help with some of the maintaining headache. No idea if that's the optimal way to do it but I liked it at least. Hopefully next big patch will give us some late game golem scaling options.

I'd love nothing more than to have golems receive added abilities/buffs depending on the gem level (if this is technically possible, no idea how the coding works). They're pretty great tanks (along with some neat utility with Blind) until mid-high end maps at which point they become obsolete.
Planning on using something like this for the 1 month in hardcore so just testing things out now.
"
Planning on using something like this for the 1 month in hardcore so just testing things out now.

Good luck! I am going to be betraying all my fellow manly men by going ele crit split arrow during the 1 month.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info