[2.0.x] Iron Will Incinerate Totems 1200+ Strength, 16k+ tooltip, 8k+ life (updated 11/13/2015)

"
Oh, one other question... how many chaos orbs did you spend crafting that chest? Seems you could easily spend a thousand or more getting such a nice outcome.

I got hella lucky with the chest, I won't even lie to you about it. I only spent ~100 chaos orbs in that attempt. I'd also note that I still had my previous 6L astral when I was crafting the glorious plate so I was able to stay a tad greedy on my required rolls since I wasn't required to use it in the end. Prior to starting that chaos process, I saved up ~400 chaos orbs as I expected it to take at least that many to find a satisfactory roll. I really really really wish it had rolled without a resist or the strength so I could put on the "prefixes cannot be changed" and scour it but I guess I can't be that lucky :)
No real update, just posted my currently updated gear.

Got some new gloves to play with :D

"
Fenrils wrote:
No real update, just posted my currently updated gear.

Got some new gloves to play with :D

Nice! That armor is quite good.

I've been playing around with some new gloves myself:

The knockback is virtually imperceptible, it boosts my DPS by about 5% more than my other gloves, and the projectile speed is also welcome.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Nov 29, 2015, 7:13:08 AM
Following some ideas of Iron Will i've made a theorycrafted Firestorm for 2.2 ascendacy using those pretty tankish abilities from Duelist Champion. Heres the link:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1484205

Would love some help, and tips, let me know what u guys think about it. Seens pretty solid to me at the moment.
[deleted]
Last edited by HoockBr on Nov 29, 2015, 9:22:12 AM
"
Following some ideas of Iron Will i've made a theorycrafted Firestorm for 2.2 ascendacy using those pretty tankish abilities from Duelist Champion. Heres the link:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1484205

Would love some help, and tips, let me know what u guys think about it. Seens pretty solid to me at the moment.

For what it's worth, I think it is more or less a waste of time to theorycraft for 2.2 just yet. 2.1 alone is going to bring a boatload of balance changes and skill tree adjustments that will need to be accounted for. This plus what will inevitably be further changes and additions in 2.2 gives us little to work with currently for future builds. That said, the biggest issue with your tree is that you theorycrafted mostly based on base strength and made a 121 point build (at max they should be "finished" at 105 points, 110 at the most). I did some adjustments based on your tree and ended up with the following one:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAuR2nn5-jAdyE2XfjZKNHfqluYSG9NsAahO9lTXgNbzvawbXyLlN07W6qNZLTbwUtSsj-j9i9eu8_J4qvTeP-Cl-YkBGmV_JFtz5ZbXvDOuExnoPMzzI8Lcaug1_E9q4-C2HEFSftcqlnm69sBg6sqvcy5FFo8tR8WfPqGFBH8B8J9ho4cg92rPjr7w6iAJBVcYXPfhRxu-0UIASz4XMnL3rm8xGtjdl8DjyRzl8_wGaaO2P9sUKCBzpS37_2SDwFgptG17yf20-Mz-987Dj8SxiR4MOFexRNJbxmVA==

I only played with it for a few minutes so it may be unoptimized in a few areas but as said, I don't think it's worth spending your time on 2.2 for now. Glad you are at least interested in Iron Will though, it's always nice to have a few more manly casters aboard our ship.

"

I've been playing around with some new gloves myself:

The knockback is virtually imperceptible, it boosts my DPS by about 5% more than my other gloves, and the projectile speed is also welcome.

I was actually really curious about those gloves and, if I can ever get a better amulet/belt, would love to throw em on and do some testing. With my new build, I could likely drop everything around Shadow and push more into the Templar area with these gloves, getting more strength and elemental/fire/totem damage than I would otherwise. Currently I'm spending my excess currency trying to link up a new chest but I may end up just holding off on that and craft a new belt so I can play with those gloves.
Over the past 2 days I've been trying out a jewel-based variant of this build (I chose Scion for the variant to facilitate access to jewel passives). Thus far it seems very strong: 9 jewels and 19.6K tooltip DPS with pretty non-optimal gear/gems/jewels. With better gear, gems and jewels I should be able to hit 22K or more tooltip DPS.

My gear:
Spoiler

I'm playing this variant with my character "Twotems_" in the Darkshrine league. Twotems_ is only 80 at the moment. Since I'm in softcore and since I wanted to see what sort of DPS might be possible with the build I prioritized DPS passives. Over the next few days I'll complete the build, back-filling life and armor.

The jewel-based approach appeals to me not only for the DPS, but also because of flexibility. I can easily swap into full magic-find gear and swap out DPS jewels with resist jewels to cover the resist penalties imposed by dual Andvarius.

At any rate, I thought I'd share this in case anyone's interested.

Edit: Now level 85 and with a few upgrades I'm a bit over 21K tooltip.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Dec 3, 2015, 6:10:40 AM
Now that the patchnotes are out

"
"Incinerate is no longer affected by Spell Echo, as was intended in 2.0.0. Incinerate now only adds 50% more damage for each stage, down from 100% more damage. Incinerate's damage has been increased by 15% at level 1 and reduced by approximately 8% at level 20."

Will the build still be worth using ?
"
Furbl wrote:
Now that the patchnotes are out

"
"Incinerate is no longer affected by Spell Echo, as was intended in 2.0.0. Incinerate now only adds 50% more damage for each stage, down from 100% more damage. Incinerate's damage has been increased by 15% at level 1 and reduced by approximately 8% at level 20."

Will the build still be worth using ?

Depends on what you mean by "worth using".

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBH5FFnm9SPGS4n7dlhBg7E9q2N1HzGrq-nffXPfgn2PC0QzD0PHM6DX4PM_od8uytQtz57IDrYDc1Bh_4K-JPsOCcv_lT56PJF2L2Cm4V7kFWCxzrhNZKaO2ZUGjgo-qZX_o_hc-08WfO4k03jMZ6iANWmcg8c3PAfBLNxhWae6-6PGmjywGbzEXrm-tJY5ZrgfIOnCLFCY_0WbyoTRZ2nlBEt2t0VUNgkRtckquNqWitTUl5dLJyFbTbpo_LR_St4EFjVgR_Hh2Uk2K-3MjQfAgQHg9tVxjpY

That's the tree I've been messing with and it seems alright. We'll have a tiny bit more strength but, for obvious reasons, will have our damage cut by a relatively significant amount. We luckily don't lose as much damage as other incinerate builds since we don't run echo anyway but it still hurts.

I think despite that we could still manage an acceptable tooltip of 12-14k which can clear any map but it likely won't be the best IW build anymore. Pre 2.1 I got my tooltip up to 21.4k on a level 20 incinerate if you need damage references for all of this.

I'll be looking further as to how to build IW from now on but my likely result will be throwing Incinerate aside for something else.
Last edited by Fenrils on Dec 9, 2015, 9:42:14 AM
Well i'm sure it will still work in the mid tier maps so if i use it in a fresh league it's still "worth" it to get some currency but with such a large dmg nerf does it still work in the high tier maps ?
is what i meant

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info