[2.0.x] Iron Will Incinerate Totems 1200+ Strength, 16k+ tooltip, 8k+ life (updated 11/13/2015)

Hey guys, I'm mostly done rewriting, quite literally, the entirety of the guide. Expect a full update within the next day or so :)

It'll look a whole lot more organized and attractive (hopefully)
Core update is complete! I will be adding some pictures in the coming day or so and new videos within the week to make it even prettier!
How expensive is this build? Is 4ex enough to fund it?
"
How expensive is this build? Is 4ex enough to fund it?

Probably not. To get the most out of the build you, at minimum, need a 6L and at least 1 Doon Cuebiyari along with some rather specifically rolled pieces of armour/jewelry. In permanent leagues I'd expect your initial buy-in to be closer to 10-12ex at the very least.
hi all and creater of this thread i have a question and its based on my currecnt characters tabula rasa gems. at the moment im using quality 12 incinerate, quality 15 spell totem, lvl 2 empower( will be level 3 soon), faster projecties, faster casting and iron will. i have a level 15 fire penentration but not in the link set up.

Should i keep the gems as they are or should i take one out for the empower, i know when i take the empower out for the fire pen the sheet damage per sec drops heaps, but i know fire pen is good also. What do you think is the best option.

from what i see when i reach lvl 3 empower it will get even stronger when my gems are level 20?
"
demonkiller12 wrote:
hi all and creater of this thread i have a question and its based on my currecnt characters tabula rasa gems. at the moment im using quality 12 incinerate, quality 15 spell totem, lvl 2 empower( will be level 3 soon), faster projecties, faster casting and iron will. i have a level 15 fire penentration but not in the link set up.

Should i keep the gems as they are or should i take one out for the empower, i know when i take the empower out for the fire pen the sheet damage per sec drops heaps, but i know fire pen is good also. What do you think is the best option.

from what i see when i reach lvl 3 empower it will get even stronger when my gems are level 20?

Hello demonkiller!

So there's a few things you are likely just not aware of when it comes to damage and mobs. Mobs have inherent resistances that we, as players, do not see but obviously have to deal with when it comes to killing them. These base resistances become higher versus affix specific mobs (elemental resist) or if they are specific unique mobs that simply have higher than normal base resists (act bosses, special bosses such at Atziri, and iirc map bosses all fall under this category).

To that, white monster resists we really don't care about because their other stats are low enough that they are easy to take care of anyway. What matters here is how much damage we do to blue, yellow, and unique mobs, which is where fire penetration comes into play. With Empower, your base damage will, of course, be much higher than normal but the actual damage you are doing to these resistant mobs is far lower than people using Fire Penetration because they are naturally resisting so much of it. Elemental resistance also, unlike armour and physical damage, is an actual percent damage reduction so this damage reduction is huge unless we penetrate through it. Because of this, Fire Penetration is essentially a requirement in this and most all other fire-based builds in the game (not to mention other single element builds and their relevant penetrations).

I assure you that you will see a kill speed difference with Fire Penetration :)

Also something of note: if you are dead set on using Empower, I would suggest you focus on getting projectile speed in all of your jewel slots. With enough here, you could theoretically swap out Faster Projectiles for an Empower and be good to go. Your actual projectile speed will be less than normal but the damage you get from Empower should likely make up for it.
Last edited by Fenrils on Oct 30, 2015, 9:02:51 AM
@demonkiller12
As Fendrils says, dropping Faster Projectiles for Empower isn't going to be worthwhile unless you can boost your projectile speed to compensate.

Another item to consider for boosting projectile speed is Karui Ward:
Spoiler

You'll likely be losing some strength, a lot of life and some resists with the ward... but if you drop faster projectiles you might be willing make this sacrifice to boost projectile speed.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Oct 30, 2015, 2:16:40 PM
hi thanks for the reply, i jus swapped my lvl 2 empower now hopefully it will be level 3 soon and put my fire pen gem instead, i do loss like 700 damage but i rekon ill make up for that more in the fire pen gen. Thanks for the detailed reply i should see faster blues and yellow kills now i hope

thanks all
Just switched from Flame Totems to Incinerate Totems... having a blast.

I'm trying to complete all of the Achievements and needed Indomitable (Finish the Game in Merciless on Hardcore Difficulty) and Eternal (Reach Level 90 as a Hardcore Character) on hardcore difficulty.

So this meant that I'd have to kill Malachi in Merciless Difficulty, something I wasn't looking forward to.

At any rate, things worked out rather well.
Spoiler

By the way, I'm running this build on a 5-link. I'll post a bit more about my experience with the 5-link a little later on.

Thanks for this build Fendrils!
"
Thanks for this build Fendrils!

:D

"
By the way, I'm running this build on a 5-link. I'll post a bit more about my experience with the 5-link a little later on.

Absolutely! I'll openly admit my experience on the 5-link is relatively limited as I got my Celestial Justicar set fairly early during Tempest, though I was unimpressed with the build prior to the 6L. If you are having a different experience, for sure share it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info