[2.0.x] Iron Will Incinerate Totems 1200+ Strength, 16k+ tooltip, 8k+ life (updated 11/13/2015)

"
Well i'm sure it will still work in the mid tier maps so if i use it in a fresh league it's still "worth" it to get some currency but with such a large dmg nerf does it still work in the high tier maps ?
is what i meant

For a fresh league or players with low currency, I would no longer suggest this build for high tier maps. Realistically I can probably still run all tiers of maps but my gear thresholds tend to be far higher than the average player who is just starting out Iron Will based specs. Players like Hankinsohl would also likely have few issues with higher end maps because he, like me, already has quite the extensive gear set for IW but the fact is, most players do not have the currency/gear to hold up anymore. The Incinerate nerfs hurt quite a bit.

My enjoyment of IW has not changed despite 2.1's nerfs to this spec so I will be looking around and doing some theorycrafting to figure out the next best build for it, do not worry about that :)
Last edited by Fenrils on Dec 9, 2015, 1:33:21 PM
can u update the skill tree for 2.1 . i want to still play this build cause i have invested like 8ex so far so would be great if u can have a 2.1 skill tree even if it is completed
"
demonkiller12 wrote:
can u update the skill tree for 2.1 . i want to still play this build cause i have invested like 8ex so far so would be great if u can have a 2.1 skill tree even if it is completed

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBH5FFnm9SPGS4n7dlhBg7E9q2N1HzGrq-nz34J9jwtEMw9DxzOdqyDX4PM_od8uytQtz57IDrYDc1Bh_4K-JPsOCcv_lT56PJF2L2Cm4V7kFU64TWSmjtmVBo4plf-j7Xy4XPtPFnzTeMxnngNogDVpnIPwBrwHwSzcYVmnqlubzto8sBm8xF65ljld-OxQmP9KhMB3EbXWiuE2aPyR369NmVNvqd1y-pizZiNfkMx2sF07S5TBS3Tb3rv

The tree hasn't overall changed much because the build hasn't mechanically changed outside of a huge nerf.
Depending on your level and gear thresholds, this was another idea I cooked up:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBH5FFnm9SPGS4n7QYO1HwJ9tlhrY3PfsT2r6c9D3y7OtgnL5BVGjhZ83IPcYV65mP9RtfzEbFCZp5Y5SoTWiuj8uw4hXtmVIKbmjvtPNWm4XOiAASzwGbwH2jyxq4QzP6HeyD4kzwtg1-DzLc-QYf56BzOK1ANzf5U_grYvfJFOuGmVzGeNZL-j03jtfJ4DcAabzupbnfjAdyE2Ud-vTZlTb6ndcvqYs2YjX5DMdrBdO0FLXrvLlPTb4LHKPq4kxzc6-58gxEtLJyPGit4H8ea4EWdU1IQWIdl

You'd put an int --> str gem in the slot by Witch and end with ~600 str on the tree as a base which is pretty nice.

While I can't stop you from playing it, I would not suggest it currently as I'm not sure the end product will be worth the effort, unfortunately.

All that said, I have a new super secret IW project in the works in Talisman HC. I have some currency thresholds I still need to meet before I start the character but hopefully I'll be able to unveil it in a few weeks :)
So whats up with this build? any news? or secret new builds ?
I have followed this build since 2.0. First at Marauder, later I switched to Templar for slightly more dps. The build was solid and strong but sadly I ripped at lvl 87 perma HC (client crashed while opening a strongbox) and ended up not playing POE for like... 4 months? Anyway I've been back to the build for a time and tried to create something balance: Tanky, decent clear speed (Inci tooks like 4 big nerf hammers at once, can't believe what kind of jerk made such a balance decision!), light on feet with a look of an old crusader, and as much MF as possible (picking up all the poo poo dropped from monsters is good!).

Here are some stats (will take some screenshots asa I have time):

Life: 7k5
Life regen: ~500/s
Strenght: 828 ( need to drop the helmet and boots for more IIQ/IIR and move speed)
DPS: 12k5 tooltip ( so 31k per totem with 4 stages, 62k in total)
Armor: 6k2 with no buff.
Block chance: 30% (could get to >60% with a good Rumi)
IIQ/IIR: 47/130 (working on a culling setup atm, so it will be around 80/200 IIR when done)
Movement speed: 30%
Armour style: Shiny and clunky from top to toe.

Bandit: Same as the OP

Passive:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUAAdwEswUtBg4Jqgn2Dc0QzBQgGS4aOBzOHNwnLyftKhMrUCu2LlMy0TWSOtg64TwtPfxDMUVHRZ1G10d-UEdTUlcNVylYY1jlWfNaK18_ZU1mVGaeZ5toWGhlaPJvO3GFcg9yqXTtdct343loeu999YKbg1-DzITZhXuJ2IuMjEaMz41-jxqQVZo7muCiAKPyplepbqyqrY2vp7c-vTa-p8AawGbAmsEExPbGrs2Yz37Tb9R81I_VpteW2L3ZYdn82sHhc-RR6mLr7uw47TzvDvAf8kXzm_ZI-JP53f4K_lQ=?accountName=camapngu133&characterName=NoPantsNoGain

Gear:
Spoiler

P/S: So I decided to drop faster projectiles and go for jewel based for projectile speed from jewel. I'm now at 16k5 tooltip dps with some minor loss in life and armour, expect to see 17k-17k5 when my gems is fully leveled.

New stats screenshot:

Spoiler

Last edited by camapngu133 on Feb 4, 2016, 1:22:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info