Elemental Hit

I've tried making a build that uses elemental hit... I found it's damage okayish, but I'd only use it if I had a bow with +1 arrow, and quiver also with +1 arrow, and that I'd go for pierce with if.

I do think however, that the gem need some re-thinking.

My suggestion is this:
The gem converts 20% of your physical damage to fire damage, 15% to cold, and 25% to lighting. It adds 3% increased elemental damage per level.
Gem quality should give 0.5 more! elemental damage.
This way the you could scale the gem with a good physical bow rather than gem levels, or you could use it on bows that have great elemental rolls, and scale of those.

rant:
Spoiler
Ele hit imo should be to go-to ability if you want to do mixed elemental damage. Right now however there are better options. Slit arrow, power siphon, heavy strike, ground slam are all better for scaling elemental damage.
I think in it's current form this skill would work best as a support gem. Adding a random damage type instead of a fixed one. I think the elemental part should dominate, and such a skill would like to benefit from added sources of elemental damage, and mods on weapons. At the moment it just not delivers that.

Because right now the scaling with levels is just meh... I don't think it should scale with gem levels the way poison arrow or viper strike.
If we're gonna talk about options on wholescale revisioning, I've got:

* Your attacks do 20..40% more elemental damage. Basically like a second Weapon Elemental Damage support. This would open the skill to options beyond the flat elemental attacker character, and allow it to be used on a physical attacker. The consequences of that means it can be used with any weapon, not just the ones that are ranged with 1.5+ attacks a second.

* Remove the +damage on it and have it just work with Elemental Equilibrium like clockwork. "100% of your elemental damage alternates between converting into Fire, Ice and Lightning". From the way a lot of people in this thread want to use it with this, maybe there should be a skill that says "use Elemental Equilibrium, you fool!"

Really there's no effective way to use the thing at the current mana cost. It wants you to use Anger and Wrath. But if you do, you have to put Clarity on life and if you put it on life you can't level it too high before it begins to put a big dent on the thing. Even if you could max and use Clarity, then you have the issue that you're nowhere near effective Mana Regeneration% and Reduced Mana Cost%. So the only option available is Mana Leech and if you're using Mana Leech you might as well just be using Power Siphon; +80% critical chance is pretty nice but it's pretty feasible you can get more than the 12 to 18% more damage that entails from a support gem.
converting all damage to a random element sounds interesting but a tad overboard at same time. sounds like the right direction but most likely too far.

making it an alternate burning arrow (that works on any weapon) is a poor choice however. so it might need a way to convert only elemental damage a player might already have, into random elements, plus the existing small damage everyone is stating (or somewhat less to account for change) with a slight backend assistance via level ups.
Just remove it from the game.

It doesn't work. Design fail.

Give up. Go home.

There are useful skills. Focus on them.

EDIT:

And no fucking changes in 1.1.4.

Of course.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on May 28, 2014, 9:48:42 PM
Hi, i make an ele wander, and i tried elemental hit instead of power syphon, but the dmg is lower with elemental hit than power syphon lvl5.

i remenber befor few month ago the dmg show of ele hit was bugged, is it still bug ? or the gem is just really bad ?
thx
I play dual Ele Hit Totems and the DPS is fine (Crown of Eyes, lowlife)

i dont have uber gear but it kills stuff easily. im using ele hit, chain, additional accuracy (no %mana modifier), WED, ranged totem, ele prolif for maps. totem is 336 mana... i run 5 auras atm, leaving me at 507 mana unreserved (no snapshotting, 41% reduced reservation from tree)

i would really like to see a decrease in mana cost. (barrage does ok damage with the same links and 1 totem is 84 mana... rly?!)
I hope the manacost get lessend in 1.2.0 . Will try it out with the new shadow tree.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Sup guys i'm UnparallelAxis from garena,
Currently I'm trying this with melee based,since bow too mainstream XD
the tooltip DPS quite low,but the actually damage dealt quite nice.
STRONGLY WOULDN'T SUGGEST THIS SKILL FOR BEGINNER
It's an awesome skill if you make a right path.
You can't compare this skill with other since it need a specific tree for itself.

Due to hunger of mana,basically try get EB along with their aura (Discipline + Clarity).
Then with tons of max mana and mana regen,u can run Arctic Armor too.
Currently I use Perandus Signet and Atziri's Foible now,but gonna swap soon after leveling my auras.

This build mainly use EE for dmg boost,and wouldn't be great if party with someone who's running anger/wrath/hatred.
Plus Ele Weakness curse would be nice too.

passive tree :
http://web.poe.garena.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAnEEswVbFE0VIBjbGYUabBzcHpQkPCSqJpUnqSj6KU8ppSpNLOktRzGeMoky0TWSNdY26TrhPI4_J0GHRQpFR0WdRnFG10lRSn1KyE4qUEJVS1YtVvpXyVfiWm1br13GX6pgbWOnZ6Bte26qb55z4XTxd-V6qn_Ggh6Cm4LHgwmDOIUyh3aIQojxi4yMNpMnmK2a4J2AogCmV6dcrD-sf7QMtDi1BLVItfK3PriTvrzBxcM6ykrbC9xX3Q3dRt3z4XPjauQi5Rnquuvu7SDwH_JF8930xveI-ej79fxO_MX-Cg==

skill link:
>Elemental Hit - Multistrike - Faster Attack - Life Leech - Melee Splash - WED

I guess most thing are self-explained by the tree,and I'd love to share some thought with you guys here.
Planing to respec into crit type build soon,might be more fun.
Also could someone make a beginner-friendly build for this?

edit:
Could GGG put something to make the animation look differ for this skill?
It's hard to tell what the damage dealt by the skill. Only can tell the differ by ignite/frozen/shock with crit build.
This skill abit prone to desync,like Cyclone+multistrike
Last edited by malin936 on Aug 15, 2014, 3:15:04 AM
Okay, so I've been playing around with this for some time now. The mana cost is still absolutely ridiculous and the damage it does isn't even close to making up for the difference. As I'm playing as a melee character and prior to switching over I was using Molten Strike I will now tell you something that I found quite hilarious. When I was looking over at the level my Molten Strike was left at it was at level 14. At that point it cost 7 mana to use. Elemental Hit that I've managed to get to level 12 costs 20. That's almost three times the mana expenditure. I don't think it does enough damage or anything to justify a cost that is so unreasonably large. They did seem to have reduced the cost a bit but it in no way made it useable for anything other than perhaps a totem or an EB character.

To ever see this skill come into "favour" again it would probably need another mana cost reduction, preferably making it not 3 times costlier than other attacks but let's be kind and leave it at a modest two times or about a decrease in cost across all levels by 30%.
Agree, skill is horrible.

Consider that a 13-mana Fireball does 32-48 base damage, whereas a 12-mana Elemental Hit would do 16-29 fire damage. D:

Similarly, a 12-mana Spark does 3-58 damage with multiple projectiles, whereas a 12-mana Elemental Hit would do 3-48 electric damage ... to a single target.

Skill is out of whack...

Suggestions:

v1
- Reduce mana cost by 25% (9 mana at level 1)
- Ranged damage of elemental hit reduced by 1/3 (penalty for bow users)
- Increase each damage type by 10% overall

OR

v2
- Keep same mana cost
- Same ranged penalty as v1
- Each successive level of elemental hit has an additional chance to proc two elemental damage types per hit (say 5% at level 1, and 25% at level 20)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info