Elemental Hit

I did a scion build with mass elemental damage by selecting mostly elemental damage nodes on the tree.

Elemental was nice at low levels but at around level 16 it just sort of stopped working as well. In the end, Elemental Hit lost out to Heavy Strike with the Weapon Elemental Damage support gem. Less mana and more damage. This a multi-weapon type build so I tried it with wands, swords, bows etc. It costs waaaay too much mana and doesn't really pack a good punch at higher levels.

I would suggest, lower the mana cost by at least 30% and scale the damage more at the higher levels.
Last edited by CentauriSoldier on Mar 16, 2014, 1:31:12 PM
I think the point of Elemental Hit in the late game is to let you make 'interesting' unique weapon choices (ones that don't necessarily have the best DPS, but have something else in their favour) and still do OK in terms of damage. For instance, you can have fun with Chin Sol, Point Blank and Elemental Hit (triple damage at close range!), or with something that has a monstrously high attack speed (assuming you can sustain the mana/life cost somehow), or with a Windripper using Elemental Proliferation (you'll be shocking and freezing enemies like nobody's business). It's also something to tide you over as a wander, given the difficulty of finding a battle wand that actually has good stats (whether physical or elemental).

You can also use it with Elemental Equilibrium to bust through mobs with very high elemental resists, although I suspect this is more trouble than it's worth as EE severely restricts your gear options, and 1/3 of your shots will be 'wasted' by being the same element as the previous shot.

If you have a more standard physical melee weapon or bow, you're probably better off using an elemental conversion attack (if you like the 'elemental' part of Elemental Hit) or just a straight hard-hitting attack.
Last edited by Incompetent on Mar 17, 2014, 1:36:15 AM
"
Incompetent wrote:
You can also use it with Elemental Equilibrium to bust through mobs with very high elemental resists, although I suspect this is more trouble than it's worth as EE severely restricts your gear options, and 1/3 of your shots will be 'wasted' by being the same element as the previous shot.
fun tip unless it changed between long ago and now. the same element will never be twice in a row via this skill.
It must have been changed, because it will often be the same element multiple times in a row.

It's an unbiased 1/3 chance for any of the elements.

The damage with EE is pathetic, even with pierced resistances, because you can not add any + elemental damage or run any auras, which is where any potential effectiveness for this skill will come from.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Mar 17, 2014, 4:38:05 PM
just wondering if something like this would work.

Elemental Hit - Trap - Weapon Elemental damage - GMP
since Anger / Wrath have been boosted ( like aura in general and passiv for auras ), Elemetal Hit is now completely pointless.
As a elem wanderer you will definately prefer to use a low level Power Siphon, as a bow user you will use a low level split arrow, bot with maxed auras.
Elemental hit should be significantly up'ed or modified to be valuable again.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Incompetent wrote:
and 1/3 of your shots will be 'wasted' by being the same element as the previous shot.

I was wondering about this particularly, how does this work with weapons with triple elemental damage?

I was assuming: +25%-50%-50%= -75% to all resists per attack
Last edited by Startkabels on Apr 24, 2014, 3:23:27 PM
edit: bad week for me?
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Apr 24, 2014, 10:56:56 PM
Each element is checked entirely independently.
If Fire damage Then +25% Fire res Else -50% Fire res

All three elements, +25% Fire/Cold/Light resists.
With the mana leech changes nearly All high cost spells are now unusable even without a mana gem and even then its painful.

The aura changes combined with the mana leech changes killed a lot of skills unless you go blood magic .This is GGG 101 if a skill is under powered like the new blood magic passive just destroy mana and player will have to use it.

Utter madness.
"Blue warrior shot the food"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info